Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Sniffer Dogs at upcoming rave

pop-star

Bluelighter
Hey guys, just wana what people have heard about sniffers being at an event next month. Is it confirmed that they are going to be there, coz a couple people got caught previously but i think the dogs where only outside the area. If you got input let us know....thanks!

[edit] Event details removed

Last edited by a moderator:
If your going to take anything, take it before you get there. That will be the only way to ensure you dont get caught

What state?
AFAIK there were no sniffer dogs used in perth... its against the law to have dogs at large events? something about public liability if the dogs are scared by the large number of people/ loud noise / fireworks etc ....
Not sure of the validity of this as it was from a friend.

We don't allow event names or venues to be mentioned in posts unless directly related to a media article quoted in the thread, check the guidelines.

Rather than getting speculation from people on here from different states ring the promotor or contact the police or media and ask them. If the promotor knows they will tell you and if the Police are planning a presence they will usually let someone or the media know.

Deadwing said:
Sniffing for what exactly... weed?

They commonly sniff out weed, pills, speed, coke. But I'm sure there are many more on the list... Just be sensible about what you take and where you have it.

just a question... if you had pure methamphetamine (which is odorless) would they be able to sniff it out

"just a question... if you had pure methamphetamine (which is odorless) would they be able to sniff it out"

yep, although we cant smell anything, the dogs can. they are trained to detect the specific molecules of specific drugs. And you really cant keep it from leaking out. The dogs also have a far better sense of smell than us. So although you cant smell it, the dogs can.

Fry-d- said:
Rather than getting speculation from people on here from different states ring the promotor or contact the police or media and ask them.

^ Word to that.

If it is in NSW they will be there. Law is they can be used on and around public transport and at licensed venues or venues where alcohol will be served.

VIC has had them for years and QLD has just got them approved.

AFAIK WA has them. Search for the thread about Perth Big Day Out 2005; the last few pages go into it at great lengths. :)

Considering pop-star is from Melbourne, I think it's pretty obvious which event he's talking about. Please do a search for 'sniffer' in this forum and have a read, all you need to know about to expect and how best to avoid detection is all there.

Also, remember; DON'T BRING TALC! Sniffer dogs in Melbourne are trained to sniff it out. ;)

really if i was a cop i wouldnt put a dog with $100000 in training through a building filled with drug fucked youth with hardcore industrial music and lights blaring all over the place dont u think the dog would get a bit fucked up and just go for anyone so it can meet its quota and get out of the damn place

^ not too sure dogs respond to quotas. :)

They don't take them inside the venue, they stay outside and take position at the general entry to pick up people prior to going in. In NSW they take them into pubs and clubs, I have seen them and they act very cool, calm and collected.

eshays thats why i never saw em at raves i dont usually go through the front door in fact i never have hahaha

che_melbourne said:
just a question... if you had pure methamphetamine (which is odorless) would they be able to sniff it out

odorless? News to me mate...

in melb at the last large event, people that where hanging around out the front where targeted if u line up straight away u should be fine or keep ur distence, and wait for the line to die down then line up, pay little attention to them being there dont look at them every 2 secs