Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Coke n baking soda

dada

Bluelighter
I think these ratios are correct, but in theorie if u mixed one part coke one part baking soder and 10ml for every g of coke in ur crakie n boiled that, would you eventually b smoking crak? like say if u put half a point of coke half a point of bake n half a ml of water would it work?

Try searching the internet for "baking soda crack"... there are many many websites which give instructions on how to make this from cocaine by either the baking soda or ammonia method.

Or maybe even these forums... e.g.: [1], [2], etc...

Alternatively, other search terms like "freebase cocaine" (used both on Bluelight and Google) will also get you plenty of information.

BigTrancer :)

The short answer is that ~1/3 weight bicarb will liberate the FB from ~ 1 weight of cocaine.

Using molecular weights to demonstrate;

1 mole of Coke HCl = 339.82g

1 mole of Sodium Carbonate = 105.99

1 mole of Sodium Bicarbonate = 84.01g (1/3 weight of 1 mole of coke = ~113g = 1.34 moles bicarb)

The main reaction is: 1 mole of sodium carbonate will liberate 2 moles of freebase from 2 moles of Coke-HCl salt

2COKE-HCl + Na2CO3 --> 2NaCl + H20 + CO2 + 2COKE-FB

But, it takes 2 moles of Bicarb to produce 1 mole of sodium carbonate (naturally formed in a warm solution of bicarb in water)

2NaHCO3 --> CO2 + Na2CO3 + H20

So if a 1/3 weight bicarb is used (and lets say for simplicity we're working with a 1 molar amount of coke) then from the ~ 113g of bicarb (~1.34 moles), 0.67 moles or ~ 71.2g of carbonate is produced.

Repeating the above reaction;

2COKE-HCl + Na2CO3 --> 2NaCl + H20 + CO2 + 2COKE-FB

As 2 moles of coke-HCl react with 1 mole of carbonate we multiply the 2 moles of cocaine (2 x 339.82) by the molar amount of carbonate we obtained from the 1/3 weight bicarb This is done because, being less than 1 mole in weight, the carbonate is the *limiting reactant*

(2 moles coke) 679.64 x 0.67 moles carbonate = 455g of coke that can be freebased from the 1/3 bicarb used above

We can now see (hopefully) that it is effectively more than enough to react with the 339g or 1 mole of coke-HCl. Of course it's not expected that anyone would be freebasing this sort of quantity, but when using moles, it's easier to explain in whole molar amounts. To use the same math with smaller quantities, the amount of coke first needs to converted to moles e.g. 1 gram = 1/ 339.82 or 2.94E-03 moles.

Some notes on the procedure:

The solution of bicarb and coke must be warmed first to allow the formed sodium carbonate to properly dissolve and the reaction go to completion. When fizzing is complete, the solution is cooled and the FB should crystallise out of solution.

Going over board with bicarb is usually no concern, but if the added amount of water is minimal, it may cause some excess carbonate to crystallise out with the freebase as the solution cools down.

Remember that FB weighs less than the HCl salt and must be accounted for if you're attempting to gauge purity. **

1 mole of COKE FB = 303.35g so a theoretical 100% coke would give 339.82/ 303.35 = ~89% of starting weight.

**Also important to note is that this method will not remove amphetamine, as it will freebase with the coke. If it's present in large amounts it will likely make the resulting FB hard to crystallise.

See Le Junk's posts for Removing amphetamine from cocaine

As a last couple of notes: If you are new to FB coke, then before deciding this is the way to go, please understand the dangers of using FB. It is far more addictive IMO. Also be aware that if you're caught performing the above procedures, you could face more serious charges than that of possession.

Thanks So in theory if i used the correct ratios but in a far smaller amount heated it in the crakie, allowed it to cool. it would work. not that i care just stonertype curiosity.

^ You don't need to heat it in a crack pipe to get it to react. The mixture can be placed in a small glass bottle and this is then heated in a water bath (pot of water on the stove). It doesn't need to boil, just get warm/hot. The small bottle is hand held so it doesn't tip over and spill into the pot.

haha this brings me back to the time we were experimenting with this. took a couple goes to get it right..

"hey i think i got it!" *inhale* "WOW WOW WOW I GOT IT" got damn thats a blast but not something i could find myself doing too often. so god damn intense

^^ intense is right.

Someone recently reminded me of the mind space of the crackhead. He said something along the lines of "That crack will turn you into a carpet snake" I knew exactly what he meant. Once it's all gone, some people will get on the floor and search every inch of the room for any tiny piece that may have happened to fall off the bench or table. I knew a doctor who used to become a carpet snake after a session. Although he never touched other rec drugs, crack was a serious problem. The same guy ran his first marathon after piping with me for several hours. I crawled home absolutely fucked; he kept on chuffing through the night, and with no sleep went straight to the starting line - and came in at eighth place 8o.

I've seen the carpet snake thing happen with the most conservative and well respecting people. The 'morishness' is crazy for some, whereas for others like myself, the anxiety from crack tended to override the euphoria, and as the high seemed so short lived, I found the comedown to be a real "rug pulled out from under you" feeling.

ive actually done this, mix coke and baking soda, heat stir with a pin or match, drop a small piece of ice (water NOT the drug) gently stir and you should end up with a nice little rock

I wouldnt do it now but ive turned carpet snaker for bud many times b4 but not infront of people no way.

I found out that Crack is becoming as popular as ICE,As cocaine purity is not the best in Australia apparently is being turned into Crack freebase as to make $$$$

You can turn shit coke into freebase with bi carb and when its smoked you actually get a high but you wouldnt if it was left in its original form and snorted.

This is what i heard people are are doing when they get shit coke thats been jumped on too much,Has anyone else heard this ??

Its just alot of old associates of mine are hitting the crackpipe and i can see them ending up like that bling bling crackhead from that movie Bumfights hehe

If the coke has got meth or amphetamine in it, freebasing alone will not remove it. This is something that all users should be aware of, particularly in Australia. Testing with Marquis will indicate the presence of any meth/amp. See Le Junks post in OD for a method that will remove these unwanteds.