• AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

[CBR] HYBRID!!! Fri Oct 7th ~ Insomnia

katmeow

Bluelight Crew
WHO: Hybrid

WHERE: TBA

WHEN: Friday, 7th October, 2005

COSTAGE/TICKETING: TBA

The 1999 album Wide Angle from the Welsh production duo Hybrid was one of the more memorable dance releases of the past decade. A rather grandiose journey into the ethereal realms of trance, it featured guest spots from Twin Peaks chanteuse Julee Cruise and the Moscow Federal Orchestra, and won Hybrid a loyal global fan base.

Since Wide Angle, producers Mike Truman and Chris Healings have released another full-length album (Morning Sci-Fi), a mix-CD for Distinctive Breaks' Y4K series and various remixes for the likes of Jazzy Jeff, Radiohead and even Alanis Morissette. Hybrid's specialty is the kind of symphonic dance music that works a treat in film soundtracks, so not surprisingly they've also done some work in this area, contributing to the recent Denzel Washington vehicle Man on Fire and Ridley Scott's Kingdom of Heaven.

Popular with Aussie crowds, Hybrid appeal to a cross-section of the dance community, including fans of breaks, prog and ambient. Healings and Truman should receive a warm reception when they return for their latest tour this spring.

I just wanted to say that I have been waiting for these guys to come back for ages and there is no way in hell that I will be missing this!

Who else is up for a roadtrip?!?

I AM SO THERE!!! =D =D =D

Last edited:
I just got an email back from Insomnia saying it's not on there anymore, so will update when I get an email back from the Hybrid website people.

Well thank fucking christ that it isn't at insomnia... hopefully it is somewhere better... and fucking hopefully they don't cancel :\

Insomnia has some surprising acts. Digweed is rumoured to be playing there l8r in the year.

Chaos Butterfly said:
Well thank fucking christ that it isn't at insomnia... hopefully it is somewhere better... and fucking hopefully they don't cancel :\

I believe they recently renovated, but that's still no excuse to hold an event there. I had my drink spiked at insomnia :X And even if they still move it to Academy.....well, it's *shudder* academy. Talk about a lose lose situation!

Fingers crossed it gets moved to the ANU Bar!

Hybrid have done a kick ass set at Lot 33... so it could be there again... however that place is fucking tiny... so not the best place for the supremeness that is Hybrid... so I dunno... somewhere good would be good.

CB :)

Hmmm...i'm selling my Parklife ticket and comming with you guys. =D

DJC*

Mean Girl said:
I believe they recently renovated, but that's still no excuse to hold an event there. I had my drink spiked at insomnia :X And even if they still move it to Academy.....well, it's *shudder* academy. Talk about a lose lose situation!

Fingers crossed it gets moved to the ANU Bar!

Academy have Freestylers playing that night.

Still haven't got an email back from the Hybrid mailing list...

Mean Girl said:
^^ don't admit you know the academy line up ;)

My excuse is I was looking at that date on inthemix to see if they had Hybrid details.

Nope... still haven't heard back from the email I sent.

Any chance some of you cbr kids could check around the local venues?

Actually, just found this on inthemix:

Hybrid tour dates:
Sat Oct 1st, Brisbane - Parklife
Sun Oct 2nd, Sydney - Parklife
Sun Oct 2nd, Adelaide - Black Cat
Sat Oct 8th, Melbourne - Godskitchen

Looks like no canberra gig :(

Just a quick question to hybrid fans out there. I wen't and saw them at bris parklife and they where awesome! I had never heard them b4 in my life and i rate there set as the best at parklife.
Now the question is- Do they play there own trackz at there gig's? I'm just wanting to know if i buy there albums if i'll here most of the stuff they played at bris parklife.