Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

DOB Blotter

endlesseulogy

Bluelighter
Theres some DOB blotter going around Melbourne right now :

2768DOB_blotter_front.jpg

2768DOB_blotter_back.jpg

Obtained these from source thinking it was LSD but the 3+ hour comeup made me very suspect. Effects very strange but all in all a very negitive experience for the most part... Heavy doses can also fuck peoples shit up too so be careful

High doses of this can be convincingly similar yet different to an acid trip. Long 30 hour duration is a bit of a bitch too

More info here :

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=214014&perpage=25&pagenumber=1

Last edited:
I am in Melbourne I am pretty sure these were what I had last week along with mescaline. I had 300mg of mescaline and two tabs of these. It was very intense, and about a 10 hour plus visual fest. I wrote a trip report of 'mescaline & LSD' maybe DOB was possible..............I will find out tommorrow if these are actually the same as there in another room where friends asleep. Post response then.

DOB blotter

Hrm, I came across these last friday night, it was sold to me and mates as "Acid", the INTENCE chemical taist was VERY suss, acid is meant to be damn near taistless, long story short, DOB intencifies with alcohol going by erowid.org's info, we were drinking during the 3 hour come-up.

By the end of the night (early morning) we were sitting in the liveing room on couches with big sharp carving knifes, as we both have very bad paranoia.

Not a happy chappy with one of my dealers as a result, i didn't mind it, but i would have liked LSD, because thats what i paid for.

EDIT: The same DOB blotters as pictured are now in Cairns (FNQ), (thats where i am)

Awesome! I love DOB, it was my first 'trip'.
Back in the early 90's there were laminated blotters floating around called Computer Graphics. These were DOB.
I find it to be terribly euphoric, similar to MDMA at times, but with the maddest visuals I have ever experienced from any substance.
The come up took some time but was wel worth it. I found the visuals from DOB to be much more 'fluro','shiny',and 'synthetic' as opposed to LSD that are much more organic and have more depth.
I remember after taking one I sat down watching the light show on a wall for a few hours then we made it to an empty showgrounds where we all had a mass hallucination of a giant beam of light comming down from the sky and the ground was a mass of orange computer graphic worms weaving in and out. lol
The body load from them at times was intense, and they went for so long.

Around the same time as the Computer Graphics were out there were also Red Lines (sold as a 24 hour trip) and Tiles.
The Graphics were pinky orange with dot matrix type rectangles on them.
The Red Lines were grey squares with a red line diagonally across the blotter.
And the Tiles were black and white with "lattice" patterns printed on them
All of these blotters were very thick, between 1-1.5mm in thickness and they were all laminated.
They also appeared to all have their prints done by a computer printer :)
Tasted like bloody poison too, and they looked saturated.

I know these to be DOB as a friends aunty got busted with them and the police ran some tests and they came back as 'BROMO DMA' and were being called a "neuro-amphetamine" in court.

Sorry just got carried away as I am excited! lol

^^I also got a suprise when I tasted a strong chemical. I have checked supply and they are EXACTLY the same blotters.

asking again: is there anyway to test for DOB on a blotter (even if you have to destroy it?)

I don't like the idea of some stupid dealer selling these as acid especially with the drought that is going on.

Is there anyway to determine dose?

Please get the word out about these blotters to everyone you know. This stuff can be deadly at high level doses and cause cardio-vascular problems. Fuck this shit!

I would say that 1 tab of this stuff would equal about .75 - 1mg of DOB.

Considering the OD is over 3.5mg , means that this stuff could cause some harm as many LSD users sometimes consume many many many tabs

^^ I'm glad this stuff wasnt around weekend before last, a few mates went on a big acid bender, 6 tabs or more, microdots, stillnox, etc.
we were in the middle of nowhere so medical assistance would have been unrealistic.

Nice work for posting this up Endless... :)

Can't believe these made it to Australia. If people know these are DOB, there will be some happy chaps and gals out there! DOB is pretty unique.

Yes, but if they dont know, and they decide to go hard on what they think is acid, there will be alot of ER visits.

^^ If you tell as many people as you can and the general consensus among everyone is that these are DOB, then people who are after LSD will refrain from buying these buggers.. It was a shock for me, because i was expecting acid. It really really sucks when you get something you dont expect. Esspecially when playing with psychedelics. DOB is strange stuff.. very strange.. It was quite enjoyable at the start. By the end i thought id been infested with some nasty leech that was taking away my soul. I ended up sitting in the one place for hours staring at different parts of the wall. It really takes away all your emotion. Unless you take more drugs on the comedown, one is very boring to be around!! ;)

hey, sorry ppl im fairly new to acid and all that and just wonderin if some1 could give me a little insight to what exactly a DOB is... just more stronger?? sorry.

DOB is a phenethylamine with a character similar to 2C-B but several times longer in duration. Because of this duration, many people prefer to do it earlier in the day. Caution...DOB takes a fairly long time to onset (up to 3 hours) for most people. Do not redose thinking you haven't taken enough.

As the effects of DOB first come on, the user feels a rush of energy which can be exhilerating or uncomfortable, depending on the person and the dose. A small majority of people report slightly less stomach discomfort than with 2C-B, although, as with all substances, each person reacts differently and there are also reports of higher discomfort than with 2C-B. Some people also report a greater ability to both eat and sleep with DOB than with LSD.

As DOB settles in, it has a long plateau (3-10 hours, depending on person and dose). Higher doses extend the length in addition to increasing the effects. .Some people boost their DOB experience with a small supplement between T+3 and T+6 hours. The booster usually kicks in a bit faster than the original dose (45 minutes).

light doses of DOB last from 6-12
hours medium doses of DOB last from 8-16 hours
heavy doses of DOB can last more than 24 hours
see DOB Dosages

As with many other entheogens, its often best to avoid eating for at least 2 hours (4 is better) beforehand and don't eat until after the peak.

Light Effects: (plateau between 3 and 6 hours)
An increase in energy, feeling of mental clarity, opening of mental space, less confusing than low doses of LSD, very light visual activity, visual patterns superimposed on vision, enhanced texture perception, shift in colors. Some people find it possible to sleep on low doses of DOB, though probably not at the peak.

Body load usually manageable. Nervousness, edginess, some body discomfort, stomach tension, yawning.

Medium Effects: (plateau between 4 and 8 hours)
Increased duration, energizing, pronounced visual effects, marked clarity and reduction of emotions. Some people suggest this might be a good therapeutic tool in cases where excessive emotion might be a problem.

Fairly high body load. Muscle and jaw tension, tension headache, eye discomfort, achy back spasms, nausea, general body discomfort.

Strong Effects: (plateau between 6 and 12 hours)
Long duration, visual brightening, able to connect with ideas, heart-opening happiness.

Overdose: (3.5 + mg)
Reports of moderate overdoses appear to often be the result of individuals deciding an hour after their original dose that because they aren't feeling anything they didnt take enough. Be Careful! DOB can take up to 3 hours to onset for some individuals.

The overdose experience seems to be one of memory loss, irrational and sometimes violent behavior, and the possibility of causing harm to oneself (not noticing pain?).

I can't wait for a stupid Journo to get a hold of this - can see the headline "New killer Drug sweeping the nation"

I remember reading ages ago that DOB may have first been synthesized in Australia in the early 70s'. I can't remember where I read it from but I found this that may be of interest.
Heh it that confirms for me as well that the tabs I was taking were DOB as the chemical was being called bromo-dma :)

Taken from http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=6873782&dopt=Citation

4-bromo-2,5-dimethoxyamphetamine (bromo-DMA) is a drug of special interest in Australia as it is available in forms which are seldom seen elsewhere in the world. Data of interest to the Forensic Chemist is summarized. The psychoactivity of bromo-DMA is discussed and a number of case histories involving higher doses are related. A description of dosage forms has been included and variations in drug concentration is discussed. Chemical properties and various methods of quantitative and qualitative analysis, including the use of high performance liquid chromatography, mass spectrometry and infra-red spectroscopy are listed.