Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

ICE: In Case of Emergency

Raz

Bluelighter
Sorry if this has been posted before mods...I kind of had a feeling that it has been, but I did a search and came up with naught, so....

I got this email ages ago (just after the initial London bombing), and thought it was an awesome idea. It would be cool if everyone does it so it becomes a standard thing and would make life lots easier I'm sure for lots of people.
In view of last Thursday's events in London, East Anglican Ambulance Service have launched a national "In case of Emergency ( ICE )" campaign with the support of Falklands war hero Simon Weston and in association with Vodafone's annual life savers award.

The idea is that you store the word " I C E " in your mobile phone address book, and against it enter the number of the person you would want to be
contacted "In Case of Emergency".

In an emergency situation ambulance and hospital staff will then be able to quickly find out who your next of kin are and be able to contact them. It's so simple that everyone can do it.

Please will you also forward this to everybody in your address book, it won't take too many 'forwards' before everybody will know about this. It really could save your life.

For more than one contact name ICE1, ICE2, ICE3 etc

What do y'all think?

It would be fucken hilarious if someone had their ice dealer listed!

Umm... otherwise a great idea. haha

Its funny that you got this from an email coz just this afternoon I got an SMS from Telstra telling me to do something similar :\ Apparently there is something about it on their website, I haven't been arsed to look it up yet (That and I'm drunk)

Good idea tho IMHO, I'm just not sure who to put as my ICE :\

^ so did I. I usually carry my wallet on me and all my details are on my liscence so, cant be bothered doing that as well.

sounds like a good idea, unless the phone gets blown up with you

I got the ICE email too, but mr s and i have had a next of kin contact in our phones for quite a while, i got my mum & dad to do it. good idea, imho. :)

Best idea EVER!?

Seriously, I cannot believe this has not been adressed earlier by health authorities - what better method of providing such valuable information, considering the prevalence of mobile phones. I hope this will take off in a big way and I definately support the notion of having such details easily available.

I witnessed an incident last year in which a man was left comatose after a fight at a nightclub - he was unconcious upon arrival of paramedics and died roughly 48 hours later - upon further enquiry with the hospital in which he was admitted i was notified lack of identication meant his parents were not aware of his death until police discovered his identity (at which point he had a tag on his toe)

I hope this takes off amongst the bluelight clue in particular (what with all the promiscuous drug taking ;)) - i doubt anyone will but perhaps we could make a sticky thread asking people to add ICE to their phones.

Me and my own have :)

I think its an awesome idea. Having move away from Perth and now living in Melbourne.. if anything was to happen to me no one would know where im from!! My drivers licence is still WA, my car is still rego'ed to WA.. lol and if authorities tried to contact my folks they would have ONE hell of a time seeing as they are deaf!

Ive done this and put Witch Doctor under ICE.. the only issue i found was ive already got his number in my phone, so putting in twice means everytime he calls it just comes up with his number instead of the big love hearts!!!! lol NOOOOOOOOOO so instead i put my ICE in as a NOTE which can be viewed :) damn nokias!
=D

Rewrite existing Number?

Hmm, I had my Taxfile number in my phone too, just so I could memorise it but I deleted it now that I know it.

ICE is a good idea though.

Oh and I also got the SMS from Telstra. Along with some SPAM from Video Ezy.....SOB's.

Raz said:
*sigh*

Stupid bluelighters.....

I don't even do that stuff but it's the first thing that came to my mind too when I heard about this. :)

Some other smartarse things that came to mind...

- put '000' as your ICE number
- put note 'If you're reading this, it probably means I'm in deep shit, PLEASE DON'T LET ME DIEEEEEE!!!!'

Seriously though, good tip from Mooshie about using a Note in Nokia phones to store the number so it doesn't get confused ID'ing a call or message from one of your ICE contacts.

If your phone can put notes, consider also putting in stuff about your blood type (if known) and organ donar status.

kandyraverchick said:
It would be fucken hilarious if someone had their ice dealer listed!

^ If it was mine it would take him about three days to get anything done about it :p

Seriously though, great idea. I am going to do it.:)

Yeah. as if I want my parents and close relatives near me when i have access to morphine at the press of a button...

ALWAYS Put FaTz as your I.C.E... In case you're in hospital and dying, or having a leg off, call me, I'll waddle down in a fat mans fashion and keep you laughing :D

^^ that would be tremendous if broken ribs or collar bones were involved!!

MooShiE said:
I think its an awesome idea. Having move away from Perth and now living in Melbourne.. if anything was to happen to me no one would know where im from!! My drivers licence is still WA, my car is still rego'ed to WA.. lol and if authorities tried to contact my folks they would have ONE hell of a time seeing as they are deaf!

Ive done this and put Witch Doctor under ICE.. the only issue i found was ive already got his number in my phone, so putting in twice means everytime he calls it just comes up with his number instead of the big love hearts!!!! lol NOOOOOOOOOO so instead i put my ICE in as a NOTE which can be viewed :) damn nokias!
=D

This is what annoyed me too... so I took the ICE contact out... where did you put the note?

I also got the sms from telstra..

It depends on what type of phone you have, but for the current series Nokia phones, you can add a 'detail' instead of a number against a contact, one of the types of details you can add is a 'Note' which is just a short, free-text entry field.

ValeTudo said:
I hope this takes off amongst the bluelight clue in particular (what with all the promiscuous drug taking ;)) - i doubt anyone will but perhaps we could make a sticky thread asking people to add ICE to their phones.

That would be way cool. Mods?