Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

[SYD] - Technics Inthemix50 Party @ Home Nightclub - August 13

sassy85

Bluelighter
When: Saturday August 13th 2005
Where: home nightclub, Sydney
Cost: $20 + BF

The Technics inthemix50 Party invades Home Nightclub on Saturday August 13 with one of the biggest and most diverse All-Australian line-ups you’re ever likely to see across 4 rooms!

Covering a smorgas-board of styles including House, Electro, Breaks, Hard Dance, Trance, Hip-Hop and Drum n Bass from 14 of the nations most popularly voted DJs this a celebration of our amazing local DJ talent not to be missed! Be there to see the top DJs as voted in this year’s poll being presented with their awards on the night.

DJ's Mark Dynamix, Illya, Boogs (VIC), Nik Fish, Greg Packer, Ajax, Goodwill, Kate Monroe, Jackster, Archie, Amber Savage, Q45 and the Funktrust DJ's

Anyone up for it?? Not too bad for $22!! I think its going to be much the same as Sublime on a Friday night...

Am going to try and make it, sounds like a fun night.
Also thats the date the new JBL Vertec sound system will be up and running =D

I've gotta work on the night but im hoping that i get off early so i can still go!!

How come they re-did the sound system anyway? Should sound awesome!!

Well the current sound system is about 7 years old, it's still the original system, it's been retuned a few times. actually I think it had a rehaul about 1 year ago
It's the same size as the one as they use in the hordon as some events, and all digital I think so easy to tune for different styles of music they will be having at home ie rock music

I wouldnt mind going but as you say it sounds like another sublime night too me, if some other djs show I might be interested

Does anyone know if the home venue will just be used for special events and stuff since Together @ Home is shutting down?

Home on saturday will be available for hire to who ever wants to hire it, Heard Together will still have events there, maybe once a month or every 2 months, with the dj's who play there now. Sublime will stay the same on fri nights

I read in the Sunday paper that they're looking at getting some live rock music events and stuff like that in there too.

Simon Page (the new owner of home...aka the owner before the current owners) is revamping home completely. they are gutting it and redoing the interior completely, totally new sound system as someone already mentioned, and using the venue a lot more. sublime will still be run on a friday and saturday nights will be open to different events each week (fuzzy are managing the bookings). with a new layout and new sound system it is going to be used to its full capacity with both dance events and live music gigs on a saturday night. heaps of info over at ITM on this. god i sound like a PR person.

Last weeks 3D World also has a full article on it.

I'm liking the sound of the Live bands section from 6pm-12am, dance section from 12am-6am......interrrrrresting. :) I wonder how the crossover will work?!

Partial soundproofing will be good too, equals louder!! =D

/ends final thread hijacking

DJC*

'lil leecie said:
Simon Page (the new owner of home...aka the owner before the current owners) is revamping home completely.

Simon Page was resonsible for Starting up Sublime and the names Voodoo, Cargo, Beatfix when they were on seperate nights back when it was on Pitt street, He sold the naming rights to Home when it opened up. I think also Fuzzy may have had something to do with it as well but not actually sure. Simon never has had anything to do with Sublime since it has been at Home to my knowledge

I was at sublime last friday night, apart from the new sound system half installed, a few new benches and decorations and the new stage on the right hand side, I couldn't really see any major changes. but they could come during this week.

Another thing to take note is that on Friday night, there was a big line, A lot of big groups of asians and other dodgy looking people, Security were going along the line and picking out people to go to the head of the line, Don't know if this will be a new thing they are doing to stop the large gangs that hang at home

yeah apparently with the revamp of the club comes a revamp of the clientele and they are going to be more particular about who they let in (ie. eradicating asian gang issues).

fuzzy were the original promoters of sublime in the pitt st days and took on the branding of the other nights when it moved to home and amalgamated in to one night. sorry to thread hijack again guys!

and they are going to be more particular about who they let in (ie. eradicating asian gang issues).

Thats good to hear, Cause I think for alot of the people its mostly the crowd that turns people off.

And Im still not going ;)

I won't be making this on sat night, would have liked to have gone, but i'm working saturday and sunday now, I'm sure it will be a good night. Will have to wait a week before getting to hear the new sound system as well

Main Room
11:00-12:30 Ajax
12:30-02:00 Boogs
02:00-03:30 Mark Dynamix
03:30-05:00 Goodwill
05:00-Close Jackster

Smirnoff Terrace
12:00-01:30 Stafford Bros
01:30-03:30 Illya
03:30-Close Kate Monroe

Breaks Room
12:00-01:30 FunkTrust
01:30-03:30 Greg Packer
03:30-Close Q45

Hard Room
12:00-01:30 Archie
01:30-03:30 Nik Fish
03:30-Close Amber Savage

Silver Room
12:00-01:30 Jeff Drake
01:30-03:30 Robbie Lowe
03:30-Close Dan Crocetti

If i wasnt working i'd really like to go... Where would the hard room be?? Would that be where voodoo lounge is or whatever it is called??
I still might go actually.... I wanna see Archie and Mark Dynamix.

sassy85 said:
Does anyone know if the home venue will just be used for special events and stuff since Together @ Home is shutting down?

look out folks...hillsong will move in soon ;)

that place was due for a revamp soon enough :)