Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Perth Pub/Club goers this affects you!

Fry-d-

Bluelight Crew
Today we diverge from the usual diet of pop & politics to inform you about proposed changes to liquor licensing law which will have a dire impact on your right to “party.” Some of the recommended changes such as free water & extended Sunday trading for clubs are positive initiatives but the hedonist’s happiness is short lived…..Read on.

The report recommends that ALL nightclubs close at 5am on Friday / Saturday. Coupled with this ALL nightclubs will also be obliged to enforce a 3am lockout. This means if you aren’t in a club by 3am you are legally NOT allowed in.

Whether you are a regular at Geisha, Ambar or Bar Open this will have a dire effect on your late night lifestyle. Ever enjoyed any of the big tours at the Monkey Bar or Metro’s, better get in early. No matter where you choose to move & groove this is an affront to any clubber.

DON’T do nothing & then complain when this becomes law. The report is open for public comment until mid August. Make some noise & email the Minister & his Policy Advisor at the addresses below. Please be polite but passionate & let them know that this isn’t something the clubbing public support.

Minister Racing & Gaming
Mark Mcgowan [email protected]

Policy Advisor John Nichols [email protected]

Or fax them both on 92229410

http://www.rgl.wa.gov.au/liquor/liquor_act_independant_review_2005_report.pdf

This is from the Geishabar.com.au if you go to the site and click the link to email the members to voice your disaproval.

oh goody gumdrops, more rules imposed on perth clubbers... Three cheers for rampant beaurocracy...

They arn't rules yet. Make your voice heard and make sure they don't get brought in like they did over east.

I can smell gay.... Therefore I'm Calling this Gay...

I think its shit and ill definatley be voiceing my opinion

I sent my little petition in, ambar and geisha are two of my favourite clubs, and there's no way you can have lock outs on them at 3 am in the morning I don't even normally get there before then...

this is one of the best rules around for pubs, as it curbs violence and "drunks" creating trouble in other venues when turfed out of somewhere else.

I guess it also means the streets aren't overflowing with people trying to get in places, or wandering to/from venues...

but for club goers it kinda sucks..

This definitely sux! Everyone needs to send in their letters! Those who have the experience from the eastern states should join the protests as well. What would happen to all our raves that are split over 2 venues? would kind of kill them wouldnt it?

heh... the 3am lockout is in full effect up here in Brisbane. We petitioned, rallied, wrote letters, got us nowhere. I hope you guys have more luck... :\

thats means u cant go clubhopping too. I dont really go clubbign atm but i will be in future and i dotn like this.

and i hear there are these no drugs rules or something.. totally gay....

No Drug Rules.. WHAT this is outragious...;)

Sounds Really stupid to me !

Northbridge already has the problem of little kiddies roaming the streets late at night..

lol glad I moved from Perth to.. *^5s Witch Doctor*

Sucks to live in Perth
MWUHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

^^ Not really. Perth is well known for its slower and more laid back attitude. Some consider it one of the benefits of living in such an isolated city, Which is unfortunte for party goers (like the majority of the people that post on here/geisha)

In all honesty, one hour wont make a difference. It just means we go to the comedown party 1 hour earlier.