Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Miami Ink

Sideways_Falling

Bluelight Crew
Miami Ink

I'm excited to see this series. Tattoos and tattooing are things I'm into. I just hope it's not a bunch of reality bullshit like blow ups and funny momments and shit like that. I want an in depth look at the shop and the artists and HOPEFULLY some technical aspects too preferably about the machines! But knowing how most artist are trying to keep the 'old school' tradition of secrecy in tattooing alive I doubt much will be revealed. I'll be waiting for the 19th!!!

nice. i'll definitely watch the first episode. looks promising though.

ive seen the commercials for it and ive planned on watching it.
reality tv is getting out of hand but this one interests me... unlike the lawyer one on nbc (?) where amatuers are playing with people's lives by using real court cases

This is really the only reality televsion series I've been excited to see since the orginal survivor.

premire episode

Well the premire kind of let me done. At first when they were explaining the tattoo process I was sort of excited thinking that the show would be geared more towards that aspect. As the episode dragged on I relized I would only be viewing cool tattoos and the stories behind them. Which is alright for me. I don't know if I'll be pissed if I miss an episode here and there.

You see the guy who got his tattoo misspelled? What a fucking retard, how dumb do you have to be not to double check the spelling of something that going to be permanetly inked in your skin. It was funny though, he was about to cry and shit.

Yeah but I think the misspelling was due to the retarded characters that he wanted it tattooed in. either way he fixed it up!!

I was waiting to see if you and Jenni were excited about this new series. I think it looks pretty damned interesting.. wish I wouldn't have missed the first episode.

Jenni didn't watch much of it. She was biased by the Sushislide Grills "groups" that claimed the show was going to suck.

This is the kind of reality show that I actually watch...I'd consider it more documentary-like that what we normally think of as 'reality tv'. There's no contest, no winner, no one is eating something gross for some large amount of money. There's also no spoiled rich people that are getting tons of money for doing nothing. These are people following a dream and doing something they love and are proud of in a field that interests them. I like those kinds of shows :)

^ yes! I'm the same way. I enjoy the *real* reality.. as in that these people would be doing practically the same things if the cameras weren't already there... because real life is so much more interesting than staged life.

blah. i missed it. me and my passing out after work.

*makes mental note* - tuesday at 10

must watch next week.

i enjoyed what i saw! i'd watch it again if i'm reminded - i'm bad about catching tv shows.

i thought it represented an actual shop pretty well - by that i mean there's always the asshole ego-tripping tattoo artist that thinks he's a rock star. i just wish they would have had a woman tatoo artist. :(

^don't you know that women don't belong in the industry!!! ;)

I think INKED has a couple of female tattoo artists not for sure though.

anyone else think it's really weird that they all live in the same house? I can't help but think that the housing situation is for the show. :\

Episode Two

Man they're headed towards the work place drama shtick. I hope this doesn't turn into the 'American Chopper' of Tattooing.

^ not as bad as inked. the two i saw had a break up and quitting of the manager and a possible firing of a receptiolnist, a would be fight, jealous girlfriend deal and so on
lordy this show is less about tattoos and more about the drama of people with some colors and big lobes
(which, sadly, interests me)
inked is more focused on the work but shows way too many people wincing but for sure some nice nice pieces

I have to watch the inked episodes I have them taped. :\

I just don't like the bits with yoshi (is that his name) and his gf/fiance. But I guess that makes a show. :\