• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Natural Psychotropics and Ethnobotanics Thread

yohimbe is worth to have some available.
maybe not grow, but have some in handy.

It has been there for me on certain occasions
:)

Psychedlic means= to make the mind visible, to make the mind manifest. Otherwise coffee would be psychedelic, it 'manifests' its 'effects' in the mind.... it refers to substances which show you your mind.

coffee...now there's a psychedelic. lol

i swear though, i can see any obvious change in my mental state as well as my visibility of those states on the aforementioned herbs.

it i was a tad crazier i may try to argue that fruits and other foods are psychedelic. for they do produce noticable effects in my mental state, as well as my visibility of these states (afterall, vitamins greatly help us to understand our psyches....especially if we are trippy individuals)

the main difference i would say for coffee, is that its primary manifestation is in the physical body. damiana for instance, i do not feel very much in my body, but it makes me trip out. lol

^^^Hey each to their own, you've prompted me to start smoking large joints of damiana again. I think maybe because I smoke too much pot, the more subtle aspects of some herbs don't really reach me. :)

Mot of these plants require large doses to be effective, or combinations, like in ayahuasca, or more innoculus, but none the less powerful, combos such as St. Johns Wort + Kava.

Salvia is best in extract form, but its leaves have mild effects. I've heard that Coleus has been used as a substitute for Salvia. Since its so cheap and available, anywhere you can buy plants, I had to try it. I have to say its effects are mild, but it smells a little like Salvia, and its effects are similar to Salvia leaf.

* Has anyone ever tried concentrating or extracting Coleus, I wonder??

^^someone did an extraction on C. blumeii leaves on Edot, and found it to be entirely inactive. It seems that the active constituents (if there are any) are volatile oils lost in the extraction process.

willow11 said:
Hmm, I've smoked plenty of damiana, taking ginko, and had heaps of kava, upwards of 40grams of tongan (yes, I vomited unbelievably, and was sick in the guts for days and yes, it was foolish) and never felt anything psychedelic from any of them.... perhaps you are using the term psychedelic a bit freely, I mean there is actually not much evidence to say that damiana is active at all, and the trace quantites of harmine in passionflower have basically NO MAOI qualities at all. I say that after combing it with DMT many many times...

I agree that damiana is not worth the trouble. A bunch of us
started smoking it during a drought but it only wrecked my lungs.

If you're looking for an effective smoke, brugmansia flowers and
leaves are effective. Just don't be tempted to make a tea out of
it, that could be very bad news.

8o

^^^I prefer my brugs to merely look at at this stage.....

^^^ Yes, very high in tropanes, best be careful, or just avoid it altogether.. I thought tropanes dont release in smoke anyway

^^^Yeah, I think the jury's out on that one (afaik). I've never smoked any of the datura/brugmansia plants and don't really intend to, but everything I've read about these drugs suggest that effects from smoking is based on something different; at least, the 'high' reported certainly doesn't sound like delerium.

Different alkaloids becoming prominent through pyrolysis?

just to throw in my two cents about damiana, i don't think it's particularly worth it by itself. i've rolled it with cannabis and skullcap, and then it's okay. i typically only use it as a joint filler; it burns well, it smells and tastes okay, but i don't consider it psychoactive.

With the natural stuff, its the combinations that are the most worthwhile. Any DMT containing plant like Mimosa, Chacruna, Desmanthus with Syrian Rue or Caapi.. The alternative to this is the Griffonia (or tryptophan/5-htp) + St Johns Wort, no visuals with this, but it does produce psychedelicesque euphoria.

what was your dosage of the two for that psychedelicesque euphoria? also was it eaten, or smoked?

eaten, the dosages are far to high to be smoked. I'm about 100kg, so if your lighter/heavier, you'd need less/more, but usually 4-5 gr L-tryptophan, or 8-10 grams Griffonia (haven't tried pure 5-htp yet) and 3-6 grams St Johns Wort. Incedenty, 1-2 regular doses of any anti-dep works as well, I have tried this with prozac, elavil, zoloft, pamelor; welbutrin was less than effective. 3-4 gr syrian rue also worked, but the side effects were very unpeasant.

oxidoreductase said:
just to throw in my two cents about damiana, i don't think it's particularly worth it by itself. i've rolled it with cannabis and skullcap, and then it's okay. i typically only use it as a joint filler; it burns well, it smells and tastes okay, but i don't consider it psychoactive.

Skullcap is used medicinally as a nerve tonic. I have a plant right now about to flower, and plan on making a tea. Ive heard inflorescences are prefered than leaves.

Anyone got experience with skullcap infusions? The medicinal dose is usually 1-2g taken 3 times a day. So my guess the fun dose would be...3-6g taken at once. Recommended to be taken with velerian, catnip, and other sedating herbs.

Catnip is very nice, like 3-4 gram infusion tea, nice euphoria lasts about 30-60 min or so.. Valerian's not very euphoric at all and stinks like hell, will knock you out tho, then make you groggy when you wake up. Skullcap is very mild, sedative, similar to chamomile.