• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

TV: Stella

Delta9

Bluelighter
Did anybody catch Stella last night on Comedy Central? I have watched their skits that are available on the internet (well, used to be available- they were taken down last weekend), and most of them are hilarious, but it seems like a lot of the humor would be lost if they had to censor themselves.

Anyway I missed the show, so for those who watched it, please give your opinions.

I never post in this forum, but I had to see if any bluelighters had seen this show. I think it's the funniest thing since the HBO skit show Mr. Show. It's so perfectly random. I love the running joke where in every episode one of the characters (David Waine maybe?) has some weird out of place sexual tension.

Delta, how is the humor different when they aren't being censored?

Delta, how is the humor different when they aren't being censored?

Well, for example, nearly every skit that was available online made use of a huge black dildo at some point. =D

I think the TV show is pretty good, but their old skits were much better. They used to be posted here, but as soon as the show started on Comedy Central they took them down.

If anybody knows a site where you can download the old stella stuff, or would be willing to send some to me over AIM, please post. :D

It sorta funny. Nothing close to Mr. Show, that is pure genius. But its a watered down version.

Originally posted by awatkins
anyone else think this show is lame as hell?

i do. i tried to watch the first episode and had to give up, in pain, about 10 minutes in. not funny. at all.

alasdair

Last edited:
I checked out a couple episodes of the state and they were alright but a bit dissappointing.

I still think Stella's great. I do think it will get old pretty quick though. Hopefully it will die out around the end of season two before it gets really lame. The one thing that is already getting old are the dance routines they seem to do in every episode. The skunk one was hillarious, but parodying coyote ugly? That's really going low.

I'm a huge fan of Michael Ian Black. . .from I love the 70's, 80's and 90's, and was MAJORLY looking forward to this show. . but I have been somewhat let down. . I mean, it's alright, but not what I expected, I guess.

I liked the state, and I love mr. show, but I'm just not a big fan of this one...