• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

History Channel special on Marijuana/ Amphetamines in the US

Tanuki_23

Bluelighter
Just saw this special (don't know if its a rerun or new), on the History Channel last night that documented the history of Pot and Speed in the US. Its really interesting (I wasn't even high when I was watching it, which trust me, there is prob only a 5% chance of ), and well made. Couple of interesting points: Hitler used to shoot up speed upto 4X a day (which just seems like a ton for such a little guy), and essentially William Randolph Hearst could be (I emphasize could b/c there are many many other determining factors too) blamed for Pot being illegal in the US, which really shows the power the media CAN have. Anyway I highly recommend it and was wondering if anyone else saw it?

Were these separate specials? If not, what an odd combination to showcase the history of.

It sort of seems so, but really that thought never crossed my mind until I saw it in my writing.

no, they talked about both drugs in the hour long special.

it's been on before. many times.

i watched it, and was quite bored of it actually. it really wasnt put together well, and unless you are doing research/purposly trying to learn the history of these two drugs then i doubt it would hold your attention ... *yawn*

there is also a history channel special that focuses on ecstasy. it strays from ecstasy quite a bit though and talks about the drug war and the history of drug use in general. i thought the program was really good, it was very unbiased and had a definite anti-drug war undertone throughout.

this has been posted several times before. its an old show, prolly about three years. its part of a series called hooked: illegal drugs and how they got that way.

there is also a show on opium/heroin/morphiene, one on ecstasy/club drugs and one on cocaine. this episode was the last of the series and seemed to be thrown together compared to the others.