Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

energy drinks(I've had enuff)

dada

Bluelighter
I was watching T.V. yesterday and saw The dont do methamphetamines add and no shit! two adds later this add for this energy drink simply called "speed". This shit is doing my head in. The energy drink trade has allways bin trying to cling to the coattails of the allready lucrative drug trade but this is too blatant. I hate it. It condones drugs in a sleazy way. 2 adds after the Amphetamine add ARRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Last edited:
LOL, Yeah, I've noticed this shit. Very very funny.
Reminds me of the day Crazy Ron (the guy thats trying to make $$$$ off Shapelle Corby's book/doco and shit) was getting hammered fopr all different fraud and mis-advertising cases. Then the news went straight to a Crazy Ron ad.

TV is bullshit, accept it. :)

i reckon those energy drinks will kill you quicker than watching Big Brother . . .

on a serious note perhaps Bluelight mods can write a FAQ on the harms of drinking energy drinks, watching big brother and wearing furry ug boots....

Poly drug user of this combination should learn its not only dangerous to themselves but insidiously bad for those around them

Then again what am I saying, I actually flew to QLD and paid for the privilege of see BigBro @ the gold Coast (ok i was forced which just shows how bad a drug dealer my wife)

I find a can of V in the morning quite pleasant.. but Speed the Drink? i'll make that next week :) lol

I dun get em anymore. I used to get them when i went to a club and didn't want to take anything. But i ended up spnding more on red bulls thna i would drugs.

Yeah, i like energy drinks and all, but the cost is getting stupid... my mate just bought a carton of red bull for 56 odd dollars? more maybe?

Its good for a night out or to wake yourself up, but i wouldnt have them more then twice a week.

I'm sure this has been said somewhere before (Aus Social maybe?) but go for the Red Eyes, particularly the Platinum one. Yummo and about $1.75 from Coles. They're wicked (I work nite shift)!

chugs said:
on a serious note perhaps Bluelight mods can write a FAQ on the harms of drinking energy drinks, watching big brother and wearing furry ug boots....

Poly drug user of this combination should learn its not only dangerous to themselves but insidiously bad for those around them

Then again what am I saying, I actually flew to QLD and paid for the privilege of see BigBro @ the gold Coast (ok i was forced which just shows how bad a drug dealer my wife)

congratulations on winning the Funniest Post of the Week . . .

Im absolutely hooked on energy drinks. They've actually moved me off my fizzy drink fetish. And when I say hooked here Im talking an actual addiction like I can barely function without my energy drink hit. I would imagine coffee fiends would be exactly the same.

You guys might find it interesting to note that over here in New Zealand until afew weeks ago when new legislation came in regulating piperazines, we had an energy drink called 'AMMO' that had around 100 mg of BZP in it and sold for about 5 dollars.

Hows that for a pick me up in the morning ;)

I love Red Bull and V :) I think I'm immune to caffeine now though, due to my ridiculous consumption.. lol

dada said:
I was watching T.V. yesterday and saw The dont do methamphetamines and no shit! two adds later this add for this energy drink simply called "speed". This shit is doing my head in. The energy drink trade has allways bin trying to cling to the coattails of the allready lucrative drug trade but this is too blatant. I hate it. It condones drugs in a sleazy way. 2 adds after the Amphetamine add ARRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

omg.. im glad im not going crazy. i had the tv on, fell asleep, woke up saw this really weird add for "speed in a can" then fell back asleep.

good to see im not losing my mind.

but still... wtf! what a weird name.

ah well, at least its not "sars in a can" like i found at coles the other day.

i wish speed was sold in cans. its all a marketing gimmick meant to get us drug loving people while out at raves. me and my mates always have to have an energy drink while partEEing. and like it just makes the buzz better for us, its somthing people fom the philippines gt accustomed to. like i can imagine a bartender saying so what energy drink do u want? redbull or speed. my face would light up sayin GIMME SPEEEEEEEEEDDDDD

if ur a freal bout red bull just go and buy the syrup... i was able to source syrup for $1 a bottle and it was enough syrup for like 1 L of it (just use soda water if u want it fizzy)

energy drink manufacturers are not the only ones cashing in on the dance / drugs culture by using references as slogans/ brands. back in 99-00 in brisbane a well known bottled water company ran ads which had a picture of the product and simply read "can't keep still water". it was on the side of most buses at the time lol.

yeah, i have a v or red bull in the morning for brekkie. energy drinks used to repulse me, now i find theres just not enough liquid in those little cans. not only am i an energy drink addict, i am for coffee as well. cant get enough of my specialty triple shot schooner lates from work.