• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

smoking (vapor.) ecstasy

diorpheus

Bluelighter
Alright then. I searched the forums for at least a couple of hours and couldn't really find anything that I was looking for so I'm starting a new thread..

alright. So, I know MDMA isn't very stable at high temperatures and such, but say you do successfully vaporize some and inhale... if any have done so, please answer the following:

1> what does the smoke taste like (i.e bitter, sweet, licorice, etc)

2> what does the stuff look like after an attempted smoking (i.e clear liquid, orange goo, black tar, etc)

3> what were the noticable effects?

Any info will be greatly appreciated... I know that smoking e isn't going to do much and so on, so please don't reply with something like "dude, why don't you just eat it." I am simply interested in what happens when it is smoked..

diorpheus

i heard that it's not only extremely difficult to turn it into freebase, but a complete waste of time.

You can't smoke pills ... they turn into a black goo!

You could theoretically smoke MDMA crystals (Salt) but the return on investment would be hugely wasteful i.e. You'd get a mild buzz at best.

Last edited:
SheeshKeebab said:
You can't smoke pills ... they turn into a black goo!

You could theoretically smoke MDMA crystals but the return on investment would be hugely wasteful i.e. You'd get a mild buzz at best.

aye. I'm talking about HCl.. what does either the vaporized crystals or burnt (cause I know it just burns at high temps) crystals look like after an attempted smoking?

Freebasing really shouldn't be difficult. I haven't had reason/opportunity to try it, but the theory is strait-forward:

1. Crush pills, dissolve in a small amount of water.

2. Add a few drops of lye (drain opener) solution to raise the pH to about 11 or so.

3. Add a bit of a readily evaporating solvent (ether, trichloroethylene, dichloromethane, etc.) and shake for a little while.

4. Seperate off the solvent layer; it will contain the MDMA freebase.

5. Gently evaporate the solvent and you should be left with freebase (as a small amount of clear to brown oily liquid.)

The freebase should be perfectly smokeable, although it might not give the same sort of high as pills. It'll certainly hit a lot faster.

(Freebases have much lower melting and boiling temperatures than acid salt (powder) forms; crack is simply cocaine freebase. As a result, you don't have to get them nearly as hot to smoke them.)

If you smoke bongs with a little pill powder in them(snow cones!) you get a bit of a buzz. IMO better off just eating the pill cos if you smoke it it will just wear off quicker anyway.

Tastes: Like burning/burning plastic/nasty smoke
Look: Black, if you vaporize on Aluminium
Feel: Minimal.

the freebase smoked out of a glass pipe gets you fucked, it takes like 1/4 of the usual dose to get you high. There is no comedown and tolerence doesnt hit the same way.

^^ Have you personally tried it? I haven't heard a first-hand report of smoking MDMA freebase yet, so by all means share. :)

can u just crush the pill that u have and smoke it in a joint? Has anyone done that? whats it like.

^^ What part of this thread are you having trouble with?
You can't smoke pills ... ok you can but all you'll get is black goo and no high.

Edit: Oops didn't notice you were a Greenlighter ... Welcome to Bluelight please read the thread thoroughly :)

Last edited:
I thought that MDMA has to be the freebase for smoking, and I was sure that was liquid?

mybe this isnt the proper area to ask this questien but what the hell is a greenlighter? :\

1. Pills are a mixture of binders, excipients and MDMA. As said, smoking pills is a silly idea.
  2. MDMA:HCl can be vaporized, but like cocaine:HCl, unless this is done at reduced temperatures (under vacuum) much will likely decompose. As also mentioned, the salt has higher melting & boiling points than the freebase.
  3. DEA's method for freebasing should work fine, but remember, 1g of HCl salt will equate to ~ 1mL of FB liquid which may prove difficult to handle. Unless small (micro scale or similar) glassware is used, you may find much of the FB sticks to the glass :\
  4. The high from smoking MDMA is short lived and IMHO not worth the trouble.

Synthesthesia said:
the freebase smoked out of a glass pipe gets you fucked, it takes like 1/4 of the usual dose to get you high. There is no comedown and tolerence doesnt hit the same way.

I'd also like to hear about your experience if you'd care to share. Also, how did you go about converting to freebase? You say a glasspipe. Do you mean a chillet (sp?) or what? Explain the high in detail, I'm curious as I never thought there was much to this.

i smoked a few snow cones it just bubbles and melts and tastes like licorice everytime

Glass pipe i mean an oil pipe (commonly called a crank pipe). As phasedancer said the high doesnt last long, but it isnt bad cause there is no comedown, and you can redose a couple of times. Its kinda fun sometimes to take a fat rip and then chill and smoke weed, maybe drink some beer.

Was there anything in particular you wanted to know Synto?