Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Letting putty/paste/base speed dry out

Euphoria&Truth

Bluelighter
Hypothetically if I had X amount of base speed (not freebase) and let it dry out (i.e. on the computer monitor, or with a moisture absorbing sachet) how much product would I be left with out of X grams?

Technically I know I am not losing any actual meth, just water and other by products, but just wondering.

Also would this dried out meth be smokeable? Or is it smokeable in it's original putty/paste form?

Thanks. ;)

[Edit: Unnecessary numbers removed; p_d]

Last edited by a moderator:
try doing it with half a gram, the multiply that number by 14, and u should have a rough idea of how mcuh the dry product will weight.

It depends how wet it is? If it is more wet and pliable then the moisture content is likely to be more and hence more is likely to be lost and vice versa

yeah, you would lose weight i'd say, i wouldn't suggest doing it on the computer monitor, just leave it near a source of dry air - don't rush the process (IMO)

I don't really know much about drying up and visa versa, but the gist of it would seem the same as drying weed?

Because meth is hygroscopic, you might find you need a bit of heat to dry it properly. If it contains substances other than meth, water and a non-polar solvent, you might find it never dries completely without considerable heating, which might cause it to decompose.

I would suggest finding a non-humid environment, and using a low wattage bulb in an traditional shade type table lamp as a heat source. Place your goo on a microwave proof plate or casserole dish and sit this on top of the lamp. It may take some time, but you're best to monitor it in case it gets too hot. Drying small amounts at a time is preferable so it can be spread/ smeared out over the plate.

As for how much will remain? It's pretty much as Misterwize has said. Losses can amount to quite a bit so be prepared for a bit of a shock. Or to put it another way, the differences in weight may equate to the evaporated stuff being the most expensive water and paint thinners you'll have ever purchased :\

I've seen meth that was near just water. It was potent stuff. It was left around for a week, in a single baggy ziplocked. It was 2p's and it turned into around nothing. Maybe half a point. Maybe it seeped through the bag?

i did this 2 days ago with 1 point of very pure stuff and i didnt lose anything, i smoked it afterward and it was great, i get much more smoke than if it were wet.

splatt, love the pic of og (that was his name wasnt it) hehe i used to read that when i was younger, brings back memories :)
waterboy:)

^ So to confirm nothing was lost were you able to weigh it before and after on a 0.001 res or better balance?

As said, meth is hygroscopic and will absorb moisture from the atmosphere if humidity is up. Over time it's also been known to eat through plastic (polyethylene).

from 1g of 'base' some friends of mine got 0.2g of smokable speed.

and they paid $200 for it. stupid fools.