Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Drug busts - where does it all go?

KrisChris

Bluelighter
So with all these drug busts like the 1 tonne of mdma found, before that the 800kg or so found and all that ice in the candles. where do all of these drugs go to? like is there some sort of storage facility where they are all kept? or do they just BURN :X them all? we've all heard of corrupt cops and how some of it gets back on the streets but we don't know for sure i guess. so yeah just wanted to know where all the drugs that are seized end up? thanks in advance

I wish i knew=D where they are kept and which cops gt them. Um i think like we went to the police station with skool last year and they said that they destroy them following the court cases they are needed for as evidence. My opinion is that a lot of them would make it back on the streets as who is going to count thru everone of the pills after they ahve been photographed and counted, surely they wouldnt count them twice once at begining once at end, they do weigh them monthly or sumthing tho so just use some filler :p not sure if that fully on topic but...

the police arent as corrupt as that in australia - i would assume that at least 90% of all drugs busted in australia are destroyed in some way or another . . .

it may take a while though, because i think theyd test the crap out of them to see what was in them, to see if they can trace where they came from in the world . . . an international database (think pillreports.com, but much more detailed and sans the "this pi11 is teh c00l!11") probably exists so they can track down the major world suppliers . . .

Would be silly to think that the odd cops don't get a few handfuls of flippers here 'n there :)

My mate's dad is a Sargeant and has been on the force for about 25 years. He has photos from back in the 70s of him and some other cops burning hundreds of weed plants in big bonfires. The photos is funny as fuck as all the cops are laughing and have massive smiles on their faces from breathing in all the second hand smoke. I'm sure it's a lot more refined nowadays.

ydeepS said:
My mate's dad is a Sargeant and has been on the force for about 25 years. He has photos from back in the 70s of him and some other cops burning hundreds of weed plants in big bonfires. The photos is funny as fuck as all the cops are laughing and have massive smiles on their faces from breathing in all the second hand smoke. I'm sure it's a lot more refined nowadays.

i _KNOW_ im being a dick head here - but - now (2005) minus 25 years = 1980

hahahahah

sorry just being a cunt

crow011 said:
the police arent as corrupt as that in australia - i would assume that at least 90% of all drugs busted in australia are destroyed in some way or another . . .

You've got to be kidding right? What makes you think that Australian cops are any less corrupt then their overseas counterparts? Considering it's a reasonably low paying profession, the incentive of a bit of cash on the side is as likely in Australia as it is elsewhere. I have no doubt that there are stacks of corrupt Aussie cops out there.

As for how the drugs are disposed off, I'd say it's likely that some go missing, but the majority probably get incinerated.

What makes me think this is that u cant bribe cops with 4 dollars. Cops in some countries are absurdly corrupt, meaning u can get caught without a license and give them a cigarette and they'll sned u on ur way, and give u directions to avoid the inspector, this happened to someone i no. Get caught without a license in Aus and say cmon ill give u a smoke and see how far u get.

Aus cops are still corrupt but to a much lesser extent.

On a different note i remember roughly a yr or so ago a large amount of cannibas was taken by some cops from the femantle police station in WA. It was all over the news

drinky_mcbeer said:
What makes me think this is that u cant bribe cops with 4 dollars. Cops in some countries are absurdly corrupt, meaning u can get caught without a license and give them a cigarette and they'll sned u on ur way, and give u directions to avoid the inspector, this happened to someone i no. Get caught without a license in Aus and say cmon ill give u a smoke and see how far u get.

Aus cops are still corrupt but to a much lesser extent.

On a different note i remember roughly a yr or so ago a large amount of cannibas was taken by some cops from the femantle police station in WA. It was all over the news

No it's all relative. A cigarette might go a long way in Bali where the cops are paid shit all, but for a western police officer to put his badge and career in jeopardy it's going to take a lot more than a cigarette. Substitute that cigarette for a couple of grand in cash and it's the exact same situation. In fact, in hindsight you are right about small time corruption, but I still think Australia's police force is riddled with corruption - less so than developing countries like Bolivia, Bali etc but for a developed, western nation it's far from perfect.

oh i definately agree that there is alot of corruption in the Aus police force, dont get me wrong but from reading ur post above, you also agree that the levels of corruption in the Aus force is less than that of poorer countries.

any good stories about corruption?
I'm sure everyone knows about friends who have been caught with weed, or drugs, and the cops don't want the paperwork, or 2 fuck up there life's so they take the drugs and do nothing about it.

I want to know where an when the cops incinerate the drugs and stand in the nearest parkinglot and breath deeply...

Imagine the old man down the road

"hey love I feeeeeeel fine today!"

Who checks on the cops?

On the topic of corruption, i wonder whether or not there is some type of 'internal affairs' setup whereby cops are put to the test to see where their real loyalties lie.

Example: 2am on a freeway, cops pull over driver doing 80km above speed limit. This 'offender' offers cops money/drugs (when they actually work for 'internal affairs') to see if they accept the bribe.

I know this is a pretty hypothetical theory - but would seem practical.
Has anyone ever heard of things like this going on? I can think of many examples where these types of 'loyalty' tests could be applied, although...... the police would never do anything that is illegal - heaven forbid!

cya's! %)
~pharm_friendly~

Re: Who checks on the cops?

pharm_friendly said:
On the topic of corruption, i wonder whether or not there is some type of 'internal affairs' setup whereby cops are put to the test to see where their real loyalties lie.

I think it's called integrity testing and I'm pretty sure it does exist. I'm sure others will know more but I remember reading about it perhaps connected to law enforcement in the America, not so much here?

Whoops, looks like it does:
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=24002

There's plenty more examples, the police kind of think of it as pro-active anti-corruption... makes sense when you think about it.

well on 'bad boys' some criminals stole it out of the evidence locker....

HARDCORE!!!