• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

[Bris] Two different types of 'ICE' floating around?

rm1x

Ex-Bluelighter
Just curious as I have seen two different kinds of 'ice' from the same source.
One weekend the 'ice' appeared to be 4mar, shortish opaque shards, not unlike ice infact.
The following weekend the 'ice' had changed into big chunks of 'glass', which I believe to be crystal methamphetamine.
Did'nt have my tester with me so did'nt get a chance to test it :|

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this as well? I find it odd that the two substances would be sold as the same thing :|

Did you sample both types of 'ice' ? if so, did you notice qualitive differences?

I like to think that i had 4mar in january. I was sold it as 'go-ey', or speed, but it was odd smelling and odd looking for wizz, and the effects were not like any other speed i've eaten. granted, i did have a half G of it, but it just didnt feel like meth to me. i was messy and not particularly energized, it just zoned me out.

I've seen ice that was in small neat crystals before, and as those big glassy chunks before also; pity you didnt get to test it. it'd be interesting to see some 4mar around brissie, like to sample known 4mar just for something different.

peece.
(sorry, nothing helpful to add)

About 3 weeks ago I also heard it mentioned that 4-MAR was in Bris. I'm not denying this is a possibility, but I will point out though that meth can be crystallized using different processes which can produce different looking crystals. I'm interested in hearing of a test result if anyone gets the opportunity.

im in no way an expert on the subject but from what i can gather:

the 1st batch that hit brisbane in bulk around 3 months ago looked like crushed up ice similar to what you would scrape out of your freezer. if stored carefully it was consistantly moist to touch and it smoked for eeeeeeeevvvvvvvverrr!! we were told it could be "shaboo" which i assume referred to 4-mar and so we ran the old trusty mandeline over it. no colour change, quite violent fizz with puffs of smoke.

the next batch i saw gettin around the place looked like defined shardz of very clear, thin, moist shardz of glass. i cant say i didnt enjoy it but i found it a lot harder to get to sleep afterwards, easily stayin awake for 3days and it definately brought out the fiend in people, where as the former batch had much nicer, subtle, "contempt" affects. it melted and smoked alot faster and if im not mistaken was cut with msm? yellow to light green on mandeline meth... :/ varying puritys of similar in appearance crystals have been gettin around brisbane on tap for the majority of the last 2 months.

last night i aquired what i believe to be 4-mar once again. the majority of it didnt really look like crystals but more like rough edged, blunt, round little chunks of opaque goodness. this shit smoked up a LOOOT more than the meth thats been gettin around lately but after your pipe is almost emptied, the residue seemed to be glucose or something similar ?? it started to smoke like caramelised sugar and left black shit in the pipe. over all it *Seemed* to be the best stuff thats been out since the 1st batch (apparently 4-mar) also tested clear with mandeline with bubbles and smoke

i *think* its 4-mar that i prefer.. a lot easier to just sit and chill while happy to do wateva the fuk im doing without the fiending qualities associated with meth.

does anyone with a more educated oppinion this subject have anythign to say that might help clear this up?

Fuck I love my rock.

4-MAR can look like Crystal Methylamphetamine depending on how the 'shard' is SEEDED. Seeding is where you grow the first crystal and through recrystalisation you grow the shards onto that original shard. Can be grown on strings..etc. Who knows ?

In Perth, we had these shards that looked like 4-MAR but it tasted like really clean gear without any bad tasting impurities. They looked identical to these:

4_methylaminorex2.jpg

Of course with your usual cut shit 'msm'. And the colour was identical, but you can't notice it with just a point you need like a half ball or something.

"...fiending qualities associated with meth."

With this gear, there was no fiending at all that is associated with meth. I found i was really satisfied after a good smoke up. (half weight).

That was a month and a bit ago.

Now its more like 'rocks' not really shards...but tasting totally different (a bit of a seafood smell ? fucking rank). Both meth, just one batch was more pure than the other. This one obviously tasting slightly bad some bits taste alright some bits taste rank and it leaves a million bubbles in the pipe (unlike MSM which only makes 1 bubble in a pipe) and alot of shit at the end.

Like this:

methamphetamine4.jpg

Im not sure if you can use the finger test to distinguish between 4-MAR and meth but you can press down on a rock with your finger and see if it picks it up, if it doesnt then its meth if not its MSM.

With good rock when you exhale a decent amount you will notice your lips will go funny...like dry up instantly and a little bit numb...and that nice clean taste that we rock smokers all dream about and love.

Last edited:
Hmmm the first lot I saw looked like the top gear, and the stuff I saw last weekend looked like the second bag.

I don't smoke it, I am a former shooter and I was tempted to wack some, but I decided to drink some. I only drank the 'glass' looking stuff.
Just felt like really good meth, not like 4mar.

have a look in the gallery there is a photo of some 4mar posted by an american friend of mine. Its a good photo and should give you an idea of what it can look like. the username is 'kisps'

Could it also be a possibility that the smaller shards are just the left overs from a bigger batch? I have seen meth in lumps which are consistantly over a gram each, then as the stash gets smaller you are left with smaller and smaller chunks until it is gone?

Is 4-MAR even easier to make than methamphetamine... If it isn't, then why on earth would criminals introduce it to the black market?

Neither are easy to make...practise takes time, takes time to produce good quality gear.

Splatt said:
Is 4-MAR even easier to make than methamphetamine... If it isn't, then why on earth would criminals introduce it to the black market?

im not sure if it is easier to make or not, but possibly the chemicals used to make it might be more readily available and less watched than those common to meth synthesis?

I have sampled at least 4 different samples of meth in the last 6 months or so. Whilst each was unique in some way the effects were pretty similar. The only real difference was in how much residue was left in the pipe. Im not saying that real '4 mar' doesnt exist, but I think that it will take more than varying forms of meth to convince me....

KostoN said:
Im not sure if you can use the finger test to distinguish between 4-MAR and meth but you can press down on a rock with your finger and see if it picks it up, if it doesnt then its meth if not its MSM.
Methamphetamine crystals are hygroscopic, aren't they? I presume the theory is that MSM is more hygroscopic than meth therefore the moistness from your finger wouldn't pick it up. But my experience with (presumably) pure large crystals is that they need to be stored very carefully to not get a "sheen" of moisture. Very sticky stuff.

agreed, if meth is kept at room temp it is possible to get some moisture on the crystals, especially in the QLD wheather

None of the 'ice' I viewed was damp in any way.

Is 4mar hygroscopic?