Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NDARC ~ Party Drugs Initiative Survey ~ Aust wide

katmeow

Bluelight Crew
*~*~* Please note this has been cross-posted from Aust Drug Discussion to get the attention of those who don't visit that forum *~*~*

The National Drug and Alcohol Research Centre are currently undertaking their Party Drugs Initiative survey for 2005. Details are below. I did my survey yesterday and they are still looking for respondents in most states so if you are a regular ecstacy user, please consider taking part. It only takes about an hour of your time. Maria in Sydney was really friendly and I get the impression they are very much geared toward harm minimisation.

The thread from ADD is here

People who use 'E'

Researchers throughout Australia would like to talk to people who use ecstasy. Interviews take about an hour and are strictly confidential and anonymous. You will be reimbursed for your time and expenses. Please contact the researchers in your state or territory for further information or to make an appointment.

If you are in Adelaide:
Call Josephine on 8274 3308 at Drug and Alcohol Services SA.
We can negotiate a suitable location for the interview, convenient to both you and the interviewer. If you reach voicemail, please leave your first name and a contact number.

If you are in Canberra:
Contact the research team at the ANU by email ([email protected]) or phone/SMS 0417 609 357. Interviews will be conducted in a location convenient for you.

If you are in Darwin or Palmerston:
Contact the research team on 89992692 or call (or SMS) on 0401 110 378 or email [email protected]. Interviews will be conducted in a location convenient for you.

If you are in Perth:
Call Jessica on 9266 1610 at the National Drug Research Institute, Curtin University. If you reach voice mail please leave a name and contact number and someone will get back to you. Interviews will be conducted at a central location of convenience.

If you are in Queensland:
Call Shelley on 3365 5582 at the Queensland Alcohol and Drug Research and Education Centre (QADREC), University of Queensland. If you reach voice mail please leave a name and contact number and someone will get back to you. Interviews will be conducted at a central location of convenience.

If you are in Sydney:
Call Maria on 9385 0167 at the National Drug and Alcohol Research Centre, UNSW or email [email protected]. Interviews will be conducted at the centre in Randwick or at a location convenient for you. If you reach voice mail leave a name and contact number and someone will get back to you.

If you are in Hobart:
Contact the research team at the University of Tasmania on 6226 7697 to
leave a name and contact number and someone will get back to you, or email [email protected]. Interviews will be conducted at a central location of convenience.

If you are in Melbourne:
Call Jenn (from Turning Point Alcohol and Drug Centre) on 8413 8417,
0413 355 890 or [email protected] . Interviews will be conducted in Fitzroy or at a location convenient for you. If you reach voice mail please leave a name and contact number.

ALL INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE WILL REMAIN CONFIDENTIAL

Some further info from NDARC is here

Cheers guys,

Kat :)

Great. Lets give paul dillon some more information he can cherry pick facts from and use to hit us over the head with on ACA. Man that dude is a cockwit.

I did this last year, the person interviewing me was very friendly... Everyone else in the building looked at me like a piece of trash but it was okay. They also pay you for your time. They ask what kinds of drugs you have taken, how often and in what quantities. There was a few I had to explain to them as they hadn't heard of them before...

I probably wont do it again this year because I dont think the inforamtion I'd give them would be useful as I haven't been going out on a regular basis.

Where does the info really go?

Is this survey a data mining exercise that may be partially or wholely used as an attempt to reduce an individual's enjoyment of life?

No, they give you thirty bucks which is enough for a pill...

So I'd say that they are encouraging an enjoyable existence.

^ :D

Are the interviews only in capital cities? :\

<3

Just emailed, and was informed they're finished recruiting for this years study - - - for Melbourne at least. :|.
Must have had a huge response from your post, kat. ;).

they're still looking for more in sydney i believe

What do they do with the info?

What did they ask you, ButrosButros_Grantos?
:)

Important Announcement

The Government:
"Now that we have all this information that cost us f. all, we can stop people taking psychoactive substances that that help them to have fun & be so happy and nice"

The Government, you don't know what it will do to you.

Authorised by [email protected], Melbourne.

"The Government, you don't know what it will do to you. "

<Insert gruesome war footage here.>

Re: What do they do with the info?

Oceanboy said:
What did they ask you, ButrosButros_Grantos?
:)

Which drugs you've consumed over the past 6/12months, quantities, heroics, purity, poly-drug use, about testing, risks you associate, where you consume the drugs, if you deal, and who you obtain them from.

simple :)

no names, no details, just honesty :)

<3

Originally posted by CHiLD-0F-THE-BEAT
Just emailed, and was informed they're finished recruiting for this years study - - - for Melbourne at least. :|.

^:p.

I did this a few years ago, first time they asked for people who had used mdma in the last 6 months (she never asked me in the preliminary interview if i was a frequent user, just that I had used), and now this time they ask for at least 6 times in the last 6 months. It's healthy to see they are researching all angles of users, evidently this time around they are looking for the frequent end of users here. I will be curious to read the State by State results for this, and observe the criteria difference in each.

I was talking about this with a certain lovely QLD person, and I agree that the results are far too skewed by their offering to remunerate people. I personally don't agree with being paid for it, I'd do it anyway to assist the research.

Anyone doing it for the money needs a head check.

Kelly Le' Brok

Whilst I woulda done it for free,
'twas nice to get paid.
An'na Maria met me at my local,
& bought me a beer, too.
All in the name of science.

Do it.

:D

Right, the question they asked me were as follows:

Drugs taken in the year( They ask about LSD, MDMA, SPEED, WEED, SMACK, CRACK, G), times had (frequency), amounts had (most), prices, availabilty.

They ask other questions in regards to yourself along the lines of theft to support habits, criminal records things like that...