• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

The Celebrity/Famous Figures Drug Thread

davids

Bluelighter
It facanates me how such successful people in the arts can have come from alcoholism or drug addiction, yet became super successful-earning $10 million+ a movie. there are numerious actors who were hard out drug addicts, who became superstars of stage and screne.

I guess it gives me hope to do something successful with my like and make my folks proud.

Comments PLEASE-give me hope

i guess actors have to fight to get anywhere and dope n drink a a part of that

My comment: this thread will be closed.

My comment on the subject: They got the money, why not get high sometimes? Then sometimes can become all the time.. if its cocaine their lives will be destroyed, if its opiates, then they will be fine as long as they have a constant supply.

If I was a famous actor I would be high on the fact that "hey, i'm famous. yea." and probably wouldnt need drugs, just have lots of fun sober. i couldnt forget about my psychedelic buddies though (chemicals that is)!

Famous (and fairly intelligent) characters that have used drugs

I'm trying to prove a point to my dad.

So far, the only ones I could come up with are Hunter S. Thompson, William Burroughs, Adolf Hitler, and JFK.

He claimed that they do not count because:
-He does not know who Thompson and Burroughs are
-After reading Hitler's "Mein Kumpf," decided that Hitler was in fact an idiot simply being used as a puppet by the Nazi's in high power around him
-JFK was using amphetamines prescribed by a doctor for his spine, not for recreational purposes.

are you trying to convince your dad that using meth is a good idea?intelligent?
come on kandy8)

i don't judge people for their choice of chemicals to put in their body
but no way can you make a good argument supporting meth as a smart choice

Virtually every popular musican in the last hundred years has used drugs at some point, but i don't really get what the point of your question is. Intelligent people using drugs doesn't mean that they're any less dangerous or better for you.

No no no, if I were to prove that drugs weren't harmful I wouldn't use famous/infamous figures, I would have just referred him to some scientific articles. My dad told me that only stupid people do drugs, and that he cannot even name one intelligent person that uses drugs.

Amphetamines and art go hand in hand. many many great movies owe their making to Amphetamines.

Gone with the wind does-the director ate Benzedrine to fuel 22 hour days.

One of Last centuries greatest Mathematicians took Dex or Rit or both everyday during the last 25 years of his life-Paul Erdos. When he undertook a bet to abstain for a month his output plummeted to nothing "you have put Maths back a month" he said to his wager. died in 1996 aged 86

What we really need is a thread about stupid people who don't touch drugs (at least that we know of).

davids said:
Amphetamines and art go hand in hand. many many great movies owe their making to Amphetamines.

Gone with the wind does-the director ate Benzedrine to fuel 22 hour days.

One of Last centuries greatest Mathematicians took Dex or Rit or both everyday during the last 25 years of his life-Paul Erdos. When he undertook a bet to abstain for a month his output plummeted to nothing "you have put Maths back a month" he said to his wager. died in 1996 aged 86

in your opinion do u think amphetamines for art is for motivation or inspiration to write/draw/make movies/other art as opposed to creativity purposes?

Playboy owes its making to Dexedrine-Hugh Hufner ate em to work on the magazine around the clock-you see how thin he was in the late 50s?

Elvis began the day with a handfull of SKF 5mg Dexedrine tabs.

Amphetamines inspire creativity and give the user sustained ability to create, whatever it is they are into.

reud (Cocaine), Dioscorides Pedanius (Pot), Hendrix (EVERYTHING!), Beatles (LSD), Dali (Various Psychedelics), Picasso (Absinthe), Steve Jobs & Bill Gates (LSD) , Edgar Allen Poe (Opium), Stephen King (Cocaine), Eminem (Various), Judy Garland (Amphetamines), Robin Williams (MDMA, Cocaine, Pot) , Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (Opium, Cocaine) , Carl Sagan (Cannabis) , Hunter S Thompson (EVERYTHING!) , Jack Nicholson (LSD), Napoleon (Cocaine fortified spirits), Rush Limbaugh (Oxycontin), Arnold Schwartznegger (Pot), Bruce Lee (Pot), Dan Quayle (Pot)

he talks about former coke and ecstacy use in a rolling stone article... i'm to lazy to go look it up but i'm sure you could find it..

Amphetamine was used quite a lot by the French philosopher Jean Paul Sartre, no there is one intelligent bastard to use as an example. He used quite a lot when writing his books.

hahah i just remembered then tim allen from home improvement got caught for cocaine and meth. HILARIOUS!

dude everyone does drugs....smart people, famous people, stupid people, normal people.

a few smart ones: Aristotle, Dali, Lennon

a few dumb ones: Bush, Anna Nicole Smith, Greg Valentino ( the guy with ridiculously unproportinate steroid/synthol filled arms)