Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Detox, detox, detox........

sabitor_84

Bluelighter
Hey Guys.......

Well as the subject heading suggests i am after some info on detox.....

To save you guys the borring old story my deal is this........ I have been going nuts on e for the last 2 years and finally and i mean finally i have woken up to myself! As such i have decided not to touch any drugs until new years. As i am on a lengthy break i was thinking about doing a detox.... But the thing is i don't really want to loose weight, i am more interested in getting rid of all those fucking chemicals i have been pumping into my body!

So do any of you guys know off a detox program (with a heavy drug user in mind) that can fast track my body to recovery?

Also as a result of my drug abuse i have noticed my attention span and my ability to take in information has gone down dramatically is there any thing i could take or even do to help repair my brain?

I fully realise there is no "quick fix" or "magic pill" that will fix my problems but i would like to help my body in any way i can!!

Any suggestions would be great

Thank you

Sab

Hey there, I've recently embarked on a similar venture although I'm not as courageous as you. I'm only going offline for 3 months.

As far as the body detox goes there are quite a few detox programs available from the chemist all over the counter, designed to clean the body right out. They generally contain a course of vitamins and herbal remedies coupled with a diet plan that lasts around 2 weeks. From what I hear from friends they are quite effective.

As far as the mind goes try reading, playing cards or chess. Boring I know but reading will get your concentration, retention and comprehension back up to speed in no time. Good luck!

I use Piracetam to get a bit more life out of the old brain if I feel I need it.

Other than that my efforts at detoxing are just avoiding ALL drugs, including caffiene and alcohol and nicotene. Drink lots of water and some green tea.

Good luck.

You can't forget good old exercise. I've been doing some long awaited detox recently, and doing about half an hour a day exercise helps a lot. Even if its walking. and yes water and green tea helps 2.

Thank guys.

I am a bit of a gym junkie so fitness is no issue for me. You mention Piracetam, is this a herbal type drug or what? Is it over he counter?
Also out of all the over the counter detox kits do any of you guys recommend a specific one? I had a look around and there are so to choose from!

Thanks once again

I would say don't bother with the detox kits. They seem to me to be expensive and over-rated. Just look what's in them and then buy the individual supplements.

Try "Liva-Care" by extralife, which contains Milk Thistle and other detoxing herbs. If you can't find it there are others in different brands, but MILK THISTLE is a must.

Drink lots of water, and whenever you can drink vegetable juices - beetroot, celery, carrot & apple is a good one. Any dark green leafy vegetables help mop up the free radicals in your body. There's all sorts of other things which may help - wheatgrass juice, aloe vera..... They should be able to advise you at a health food shop if you pop in and ask about the different options.

UTFSE!!!

Do a quick search for Piracetam. There has been a few threads about it. Should tell you all you need to know and more :D

Might add, for a proper detox, you really want to avoid ALL chemicals that give your liver and other organs some trouble, this basically means, get out of a city for the detox (the general air quality of a city is very counter-productive for a good detox), only eat organic foods (non-processed), don't take any medication (see doctor), etc.. To go real hard out, you really need a pretty radical change in lifestyle, rather than just eating some pills from a 'kit' and eating a funny diet...

You can find milk thistle growing heaps around the place, saving you $ on pills.
Exercise more, I say.
Your State may have State funded free detox programs, be wary though.
If you garner enough info you'll be fine doing it yourself.
Best wishes,
:)
O.

rather than drinking fruit juices as has been advised, its actually better just to simply eat the fruit or vegetable to get the maximum amount of goodness from them . . .

trust me, im a vegetarian ;) . . .