• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Answer joeraver

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeraver

Ex-Bluelighter
Families and Money

A thread for joeraver to ask a million questions and for you to try to answer them.

Joe, please keep all your questions in this thread. Thanks

Would you go bankrupt if u buy a nice house? My dad claims most ppl do and that they don't think about losing that NICE job, and then they get married, then they have a divorce which equals alimony. my dad claims that everyone is trying to "keep up with the joneses" and that they can't do it, a house they can't afford, till you go bankrupt and have fucked up credit, any responses?

Last edited by a moderator:
he claims job don't last, all these rich ppl, trying to keep up with the joneses, do you agree?

I dont think it matters if its a nice house or a shitty one.........niceness is in the eye of the beholder............I probably live in the oldest and for some least liked house in our street but for me its not a houise...........its a home and I wouldnt swap it for pretty much anything.

Being some 90 years old its got real character.

I also think that the affordability problem is not related so much to the value of the house but moreso to your job security as your Dad mentioned and also how much you want to keep it.

It doesnt matter what sort of house you get, bad luck and unforseen things will happen anyways..........its how you deal with them that counts.

Get a house you can call a home............not the most expensive or the most you can afford...........but something you really will call a home.

well, if its a niiice house, I would say invest in it. I have no idea where you are, but in general the value remains.

How about about taking (some) responsibilty for the re-payments?

I don't think joeraver is looking to buy a house. He's just the king of rhetorical questions.

I would think that most people, if effected by some unforseen circumstance (divorce, unemployment, etc.), would sell their house. Unless the house somehow lost value over the course of their ownership, they would probably end up making some money. I don't believe that a majority of people would make such a foolish mistake as trying to keep a house they couldn't afford.

well my father used to have lots of money, now he was laid off, your saying even if he did get a badass house, he could've sold it, or came out on top either way. that basically im not thinking this out?

I believe there is insurance you can get in case you lose your job you are covered on mortgage payments for a few months until you find another one. This was a concern of mine since we are looking to buy a house soon. It's best to buy a house a bit below your means so you can save in case something bad happens.

It's also best to buy one a little below your means because you'll end up wanting to buy new stuff for the house. I've seen that happen with everyone I know that gets a new house....you start wanting to redo little things and then you're in home depot every weekend, and then of course you have to redo the decor, etc. etc. :)

well my father sold used cars, my mother was a waitress, he did make alot of money in the 80s, why didn't he get a house? i mean ehtey only made maybe 75 k together, if that. I guess im saying, if they did do that, would one of them of gone bankrupt? and how bout me? i make 40k a year, my fiancee makes about 60k, u think we're taking a chance? should u take a chance in life? did my dad?

also my dad claims in texas its been 99-100 degrees lately, its gonna be 95 degrees today, he claims thats better than 99-100, do u agree? does every degree make a difference in texas heat?

Last edited:
would u feel that someone who uses soap and showers is more likely to get fungus? afterall doesn't fungus come from water in an area that isn't dried up? if u don't dry well, which most ppl really dont, lets get real. thats what im asking, do u think showering causes more fungus? although not showering would cause other germs and u would stink.

im just throwing out some thought-provoking things that most people don't really think about.

i mean fungus is caused by moisture, ppl who wear socks who get real sweaty, so how can u get fungus otherwise? from cleaning your hands, the water has no place to escape.

Status
Not open for further replies.