Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

brisbane mushrooms

spacemonkey69

Bluelighter
Has anybody had much like hunting mushrooms, in and around the Brisbane area? If so what are the most prevelant mushies to be found. Sorry for my ignorance but since I come from the uk the seasons, type of mushroom and growing conditions are very different to what I have been used to. Any pictures, advice etc would be appreciated. (most info seems to be related to other areas hence a Brisbane specific post).

They've been growing wild on my front lawn on and off for the past 3 weeks. I once had a garden there and had spread mill mud and cow shit in vast quantities. Nowadays there's palms and grass, but if the weather is right, Gold Tops can be everywhere. However, it's rare that I see one before our female cat eats part of it 8(

Incidentally, she's been having the time of her life...talk about wild eyed and bushy tailed =D

As for what grows in SE Qld; Gold tops or Psilocybe Cubensis are what pops up on our lawn, but Copelandia Cyanescens are also quite common in SE qld.

You often find them where there are cows, but be aware, most farmers are onto it, and you can be arrested for possession of them. Also be aware that there are some lookalikes which are poisonous.

See Cowboy Mac's thread psilocyben mushroom identification and related texts at the top of the front page for more pointers

Last edited:
so wut u r trying to say is that if i ever hav them mushy, toadstool things on my lawn that they could be magic mushrooms? im starting to think back and it appears that many mushys hav crossed my eys many times

M4D 5tYL3Z said:
so wut u r trying to say is that if i ever hav them mushy, toadstool things on my lawn that they could be magic mushrooms? im starting to think back and it appears that many mushys hav crossed my eys many times

highly unlikely.

i wouldn't eat anything that you wern't totally sure of. Unfortunatly, experienced pickers are hard to come by these days :(

I highly doubt (but anything is possible) that any psilocybin cubensis would grow on your front lawn unless you have been handling them in that area and there is suitable substrate for them to grow. On this topic the are a few different types of mushrooms that grow on your front lawn which have golden tops (more gold than usual) I have never tried to identify or eat them myself. You should stick to the cow paddocks out bush just to be safe and sure.

hey phase they the ones with the blue band around the stem? they look like them.... if so they are the ones we picked around the bris area :D

^^are you referring to the photo? I took this from a website that posts user pics.

As for the cubensis growing on my lawn; well they may very well be another variety, but if so, they are a dead ringer for gold tops; stem and underneath go the distinct blue upon bruising. Pity I wasn't still keen on them, or I'd join the cat for a day of crazy antics. She seems to be rather selective on what she eats, and shows no interest at regular mushrooms.