• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How much Codeine phosphate is safe to take?

(Sex)(On)(X)

Bluelighter
I read that 4mg of Codeine phospate = 3mg of Codeine
So does that mean that a 48 pack of Nurofen plus containing 600mg Codeine phospate would be relitely safe if u have a tolerence to take because it would be like taking 450mg Codeine or when people talk about Codeine dosages are they generally talking about Codeine phospate?

This would be a good dose because it's around that dosge that Codeine reaches it's highest possible potential unless ppl are reffering to Codeine phospate ofcourse.

Anyone had any experiences with taking a whole 48 pack?

not experienced with taking the packs cause the States would never ever offer something so "evil" over the counter. But i do have plenty of experience with codiene. If you have a tolerance, than you should have no problem comsuming the amount you mentioned.

edit - then again, tolerance is subjective. How the hell am I supposed to know what your tolerance level is? But based on your wording of your post, it seems like you know what you are doing, so i would just go ahead and give that dose a go.

You DO know there is a max limit that your body will convert codeine into in a certain amount of hours (i forgot 12hrs maybe even 24).. and it THINK that amount is around 450mg. So any extra codiene will be wasted. Hence i dont think you need to worry about OD'ing on this weak stuff.

Do not believe everything you read...

There is no difference between the two when dosing. It is the same physiological effect. just out of curiosity though, where did you read that?

I wouldnt mess around with doses higher than 300mg. It just simply isnt worth it. Try first with your calculations so it will come out at 300 mg real codeine.

well...

Actually, it is very difficult to run into complications on codeine with less than 700 mgs. but I applaud you for going with safety. remember though, that unless you have a freakish metabolism you will not obtain euphoria with less than 400 mgs.

The LD50 for Codeine phosphate is 800mg for an average weighed, non-tolerant, adult. The lowest reported lethal dose is 12mg/kg. The lethal dose varies and depends on many factors including weight, gender and developed tolerance to the drug.

http://codeine.50g.com/info/codeine.html

After reading this thread I decided to further investigate the equivalency of Codeine phosphate compared to Codeine base and came up with the following.

Codeine is available as water soluble hydrochloride, and sulfate or phosphate. Codeine phosphate formulations contain approximately 75% Codeine base. This information is represented from Codeine Contin which is expressed as Codeine base.

http://www.purdue.ca/pdf/CodeineContin.pdf

'8 mg of codeine phosphate is equivalent to 5.9 mg of codeine base.'
'Codeine sulphate is equivalent to Codeine phosphate'

http://www.inchem.org/documents/pims/pharm/codeine.htm

when people talk about Codeine dosages are they generally talking about Codeine phospate?

Yes, the majority of Codeine products are available in the phosphate salt formulation.

If you have a tolerance to opioids than more than likely you may require a dose above 300mg to achieve anything that resembles a euphoric state of mind. You shouldn't have to worry about health complications at dosages below 450mg if you have a tolerance.

Anyone had any experiences with taking a whole 48 pack? 600mg Codeine phospate would be relitely safe if u have a tolerence?

Nurofen isn't available in the United States and I don't know the dose of Codeine that is provided in this product but I do have an awful tolerance to opioids and have consumed over 600mg of Codeine phospate. My tolerance wasn't as large as it is now so I did acquire a nice warm buzz but it wasn't anything more potent than 480mg. That seemed to be my cut-off dose, if I were to take 700mg I wouldn't have experienced anything more than what 480mg would have produced.

I know it says 800mg LD50 on Erowid, but I find it hard to beleive it could kill someone (Even with no tolerence) I think that they'd just be really sick. Probably just throw up & wanna stay in bed.

anyone else think the LD50 seems a bit low?

^ Does it really matter? I mean, it's been stated your liver can only metabolize up to 450mg at a time so theres no need to take anymore than this.

The question still remaines though. Is 450mg of Codeine phosphate or Codeine Base the highest possiable usefull dosage?

I know it says 800mg LD50 on Erowid, but I find it hard to beleive it could kill someone (Even with no tolerence) I think that they'd just be really sick. Probably just throw up & wanna stay in bed.

At a toxic dose, you develop hyperreflexia and exhibit tonic/clonic convulsions not dissimilar to strychnine, if codeine is the only drug involved (when alcohol or other depressants are involved, it is back to the common cause - respiritory arrest). This is much more pronounced in other species, such that morphine has that sort of overdose profile for cats

(Sex)(On)(X), you do realize that codeine itself is not actually an effective painkiller, and that it's metabolized into morphine in the liver, correct?

Given that, the liver is limited in the rate that it can convert codeine to morphine, and most people reach a celling dose, where they can take more and simply not recieve any effects. I'd stick with k'dout's suggestion and not do any more than 470mg.

Re: well...

rachamim18 said:
Actually, it is very difficult to run into complications on codeine with less than 700 mgs. but I applaud you for going with safety. remember though, that unless you have a freakish metabolism you will not obtain euphoria with less than 400 mgs.

Maybe I just have your freakish metabolism, but I never go over 150, 400+ is really striking me as having a serious tolerance.

I wouldnt mess around with doses higher than 300mg. It just simply isnt worth it. Try first with your calculations so it will come out at 300 mg real codeine.

14.gif
^^Best advice here

Benzorider said:
Pathetic to slip Nurofen Plus... get some Pereduetas...

Pathetic?

And why is that?

Some people enjoy the subtle charm of codeine :)

N+ is great, but now that more packets seem to be harder to split, I think it's time to forget about buying N+ unless I'm out and about and want some codeine on the go :p
$12 for 96 x 10mg Codeine Phos \ 500mg APAP pills is a pretty good deal... CWE isn't that hard!

Two doses for $12. Huzzah :)

Just took 450mg

I just separated in the normal way and drank 450mg of the stuff. I don't have much pain, although I do feel a little nauseous.
I don't think this was enough, although I did get a little high, I still have a bit of pain in my ankle, and I can still feel A LITTLE pain in my back.
What is better to take at a lower dose then this sickening crap? And what will work better in terms of killing the pain altogether?

armadilliO said:
Pathetic?

And why is that?

Some people enjoy the subtle charm of codeine :)

N+ is great, but now that more packets seem to be harder to split, I think it's time to forget about buying N+ unless I'm out and about and want some codeine on the go :p
$12 for 96 x 10mg Codeine Phos \ 500mg APAP pills is a pretty good deal... CWE isn't that hard!

Two doses for $12. Huzzah :)

Yea, but I am running out of damn coffee filters and it takes me about half an hour. I boil the water first to make sure it's "clean", then let it cool down, then proceed as normal, but I filter twice, washing the used filters to make sure I don't loose too much of the good stuff.
Any alternative is better then this. But what?

I read that 4mg of Codeine phospate = 3mg of Codeine
So does that mean that a 48 pack of Nurofen plus containing 600mg Codeine phospate would be relitely safe if u have a tolerence to take because it would be like taking 450mg Codeine or when people talk about Codeine dosages are they generally talking about Codeine phospate?

This would be a good dose because it's around that dosge that Codeine reaches it's highest possible potential unless ppl are reffering to Codeine phospate ofcourse.

Anyone had any experiences with taking a whole 48 pack?

I thought you would easily od on the other active ingrediants if consuming that many.