Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

LSD Advice

peterpan_99

Bluelighter
Thinking about trying LSD for the first time.

Can anyone offer some advice, or be able to point me to some advice on the net on how to prepare myself menatlly and physically and what I can expect to feel like in the hours after the trip finishes?

For example, if I plan on getting loved up, I try to get plenty of sleep and water in the days before, and make sure I have no plans for the day after.

Just want to know what I'm getting myself into.;)

Ahh yeah, have you done a lot of reading on LSD in www.erowid.org? Thats probably the best place to start.

My advice about getting some rest is that it is not the most essential thing, as I find the acid come-down to be a lot different from pills or anything. It takes a lot more out of you mind rather than your body, so I never really come-down off acid. My advice is to plan when you are taking it at the right time, because it sure lasts a while. So plan to take it and then have yourself be able to get a normal nights sleep or something.

There is nothing worse than tripping in bed, wanting all your visuals to go away and wanting to just sleep!

If I were you i'd make sure I had a good trustworthy friend who you are very close to and can feel very comfortable with. Personally I hate tripping with people I don't know that well and feel that it only makes my thoughts more negative while on the trip.

But yeah as 12345 said, read about LSD as much as you can, maybe some reports too which should give you a first hand detailed LSD experience.

Be sure you're in a good frame of mind, in that you aren't depressed or particularly sad or hurt about anything, and so on. Also, be sure to be as healthy as possible.

With regards to after the trip finishes - expect a somewhat sore body (nothing particularly bad) and quite possibly a nice, happy afterglow. :)

My advice is not to cobine it with anything the first time. It really is something totally different and needs to be enjoyed on its own before you can appreciate the effects of combining with a pill for instance. Also do not expect to start hallucinating unless you take a lot or a very strong trip. LSD works wonders on your mind rather than your body. Have fun and be safe.

fuck in heaven

They last along time.... the best part of 10 hours.
id advise against double dropping the first time, after a few hours you will be probably be having so much fun, you will think hey... this aint so bad... lets have another... WELL DON'T!!!!! because I made that mistake.

Everything everyone has said i agree with. One point i have to re-iterate however is the duration. My first time i really underestimated how long you are fucked up for. You will defenitely need atleast 10 hours with you and whoever your tripping with, and possibly another 4 to chill out afterwards and relax. Its nothing like the quick 6 hour ride on shrooms or the 3-4 hours on pillls, its like an eternity...!

peterpan_99 said:
try to get plenty of sleep and water in the days before, and make sure I have no plans for the day after.

Bam! You got it right there. Let me just reiterate the length thing, it lasts a LONG time, and it will seem like an eternity when you are under the effects.

Do it during the day, on a nice sunny day, in a comfortable environment. A house or apartment where getting busted by anyone isn't an issue. Turn all phones off. You have no idea how a phone call from work can change your frame of mind when you are off chops.

Other than that, just chill out. Relax, don't expect anything, and let it roll on. If you stay positive, and relaxed, you'll be fine. Start off with happy, chilled out music, nothing too intense, and see how it goes.

My personal tip - smoke some weed. Makes it more enjoyable for me.

be content to just sit there and watch. you dont have to communicate your thoughts to anyone (and they probably wont understand them anyways :)) try it in a place where you feel safe, like at home, better yet, your garden.

and do it during the DAY. trust me. its a thousand times better. :) if you have it for brekky you will be down by bed time and not so scattered from lack of sleep.

As others have said, dont take too many. One should be fine, infact if its a strong tab a half might even be sufficient. The first tab I took was a dolphin, ~2002. One did nothing apart from give me wierd thoughts, so I thought the next time that I trip I should take two. Let me say ive never tripped that hard since, nor had a cleaner feeling from acid (and believe me, I've had a fair bit since). It was 100x more intense than the first time which I consumed only one. I've a vivid memories of my mates clock twisting around on the wall and the hands slowing down to a halt then moving backwards. However, I wasn't entirely prepared for the effects, and in retrospect I should have just gone 1.5 tabs instead. At one stage I was laying on a couch unable to move and [gross warning] threw up on myself about 10 times [/end gross]. Needless to say, it wasnt very pleasant (atleast, not at that stage of the trip). On another note, be prepared to wait up to 3 hours to feel the effects. One of my less educated friends dropped two (blank tabs) his first time, waited two hours and felt nothing so decided to have another two. Big mistake. He was extremely fucked up, talked to him on the phone during the most intense part of his trip and he'd be laughing one second then crying the next. Acid is a substance that demands great respect.

^^^

I concur. The first time, I had one tab. The second time, I had 2 of the same batch.

Sooooo much stronger.

Id avoid being in public aswell................. no other reason than, its not really a good idea..........