Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Ecstasy and multiple sclerosis

MoonlapseVertigo

Bluelighter
A girl I know has just started taking E. She's done it twice now, and didn't really know anything about MDMA or how it works, so I was giving her some information, and during this discussion she mentioned she had mild multiple sclerosis (MS), and asked if that condition can interfere with or be worsened by MDMA or amphetamines.

As I have no idea about MS and how it affects the brain, I said to ask a medical professional, but at a guess it could be bad for the condition and advice should definately be sought. Was just wondering if anyone here knows about MS and if MDMA can make the condition worse, just so I can warn her if needs be. Cheers.

I know that MS is a conditions that eats away at your spinal cord and over time it can get so bad the person is unable to walk anymore, i guess you will have to get help from a medical professional thats your best bet

I would post this to Advanced Drug Discussion - someone there will have an informed opinion. My uneducated guess is that occasional use of smaller doses probably wouldn't be too bad... but I'd be chasing up more info for sure!

I think I remember seeing a doco about a guy with MS taking MDMA, I think just pills, not medical whatnotwho. And then this MS superman does cartwheels and rollypollys and runs around the gym room like a maniac. He even uses one of those stupid gym balls and thoroughly enjoys it. It may very well not have been MS, but maybe another debilitating disease. Someone correct me if i'm wrong.

I think I just remembered this was parkinson's.

I do know of a woman aged 30 with MS who had a very positive experience on E: she felt so good she was able to enjoy life and move in ways that she thought she would never be able to do again.

from here: http://www.ecstasy.org/qanda/q12.html

Although above sounds positive, I don't think she should have more belters until she knows more about it. There may be complications with her medication or who knows what.

Last edited:
^ yep - Parkinsons. And given that MDMA increases dopamine levels, and l-dopa is a treatment for Parkinsons, it's really not that surprising...