Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

MDMA comedown - LSD like visuals

tranzystate

Bluelighter
Last night I ate 1 of the RN pills currently doing the rounds in Perth. About 5 hours after eating it when the residual effects were wearing off I went and sat on the toilet. As I looked at the tiles on the floor the pattern on them started to morph a little bit similar to what I have previously experienced on LSD and a variety of research chems. It looked so real. Think of the feeling that you get when you look at the floor about 8 hours after consuming acid when the visuals are almost gone. That is exactly what it was like.

Has anyone ever experienced anything like this in the past?

I have 4 theories that may explain this phenomenon:

1. In the past year I have tripped many many times on a variety of psychedelics. Is it possible that something has changed in my brain that makes me now able to experience slight visuals from MDMA?

2. MDMA has always been able to produce very slight visuals however I never noticed them before. Only after trying real psychedelics do I know what to look for.

3. The pill actually contained MDA rather than MDMA which is known to produce a 'trippy' effect in some people. I doubt that I would be able to conclusively tell the two apart.

4. The pill contained trace amounts of some other psychedelic such as LSD or 2C-B.

this only happens to me if i smoke weed on an MDA comedown. guranteed everytime i will trip, including full on hallucinations etc.
Now I only smoke weed after MDA once I'm back were I will be crashing after the night. This way I'm in comfortable surroundings as it can be pretty intense, I'm not very talkative, similar to being on a decent amount of K.
Happens to some friends of mine as well, but it's guranteed everytime, to happen after a decent dose of MDA with myself.

tranzystate: It may have something to do with 2 or 3, but don't discount a high dose of MDMA causing visuals. Many people seem to be oblivious that MDMA can in fact cause visuals exemplified in this pillreport.

Many people i know get that effect about half the time if they've had a decent dose of MD. Usually quite a while into the whole thing .... eg might have doses at midnight, 2 and 4, and get "trippy" effects at somewhere around 6-8. they usually only last half an hour at most.
(that is on a night with MD and perhaps a little amphetamine, but nothing else. And with pills that i am fairly certain are just MDMA, not MDA)

Yeah i know exactly where you are coming from, I get it after about 6 or 7 hours after I have taken a pill.

Exactly what the original poster said, just like staring at the ground with morphing and warping patterns which is like 8 hours into an acid trip. I seemed to have notcied it a lot more after experimenting with acid several times.

One point worth mentioning here is that after MDMA is absorbed in the stomach, it is metabolised in the liver by a number of different enzymes (e.g. CYP 2D6, 3A4 etc.). When the MDMA is broken down by the liver at least some of it is converted into MDA as a first step - so at higher doses, if you have a lot of MDMA turning into MDA, I suspect this may be the cause of visuals.

Elimination of the drug from the body is moderately slow, the half-life for MDMA disappearance from the blood being of the order of 8 hours.4,21,22 Because it takes about 5 half-lives (i.e., about 40 hours for MDMA) for over 95% of the drug to be cleared from the body, this may explain the persistence of troublesome after-effects for one or 2 days after use. Some of the metabolites of MDMA are still pharmacologically active, especially its first metabolite, MDA, so that the duration of action may be somewhat longer than the duration of MDMA itself in the body.
REF: Canadian Medical Association Journal October 2, 2001; 165 (7)
Kalant, H., "The pharmacology and toxicology of "ecstasy" (MDMA) and related drugs", CMAJ, October 2 2001, 165(7), (2001)

BigTrancer :)
http://www.cmaj.ca/cgi/content/full/165/7/917

Thanks for the replies guys.

I didn't feel that I had consumed a huge dose of MDMA. I would guess that the pill contained no more than 100mg as it was decent but not mind blowing. I just find it strange that in the 50 or so times that I've consumed MDMA before I had never noticed this. Even in nights where I have consumed up to 4 strong pills.

I have also had known MDA pills before, such as the yellow A's over a year ago, and I didn't get this effect.

My gut feeling is that it is linked to all the psychedelics I have been consuming over the last 12 months.

Another thing I forgot to mention is that this I had not consumed MDMA for serveral months prior to this night. This was after a period of quite heavy use. The whole night sort of felt like a 'comeback gurn'. Like I was coming out of retirement for this night only. When I saw the floor moving I felt like, 'hey, I never noticed that before'.

Last edited:
I get strange visuals on a comedown from a clean mdma pill quite often.... Usually i'll be staring at the toilet bowle trying to take a piss and it starts growing hair, then my hands start growing hair... it's weird

^ Lol no offence intended but I think he is more talking about things morphing and warping a little bit, rather than that sort of thing.

Interesting stuff about the MDMA being converting to MDA.

I remember walking home after a comedown from the first batch of Biege A's and every car in the street was absolutely smashed and crunched but when I got closer and could focus on it more it was fine. Keeping in mind though, the biege a's were VERY trippy anyway...

Wat did you think of the green RN's?
I had a couple on sunday after a few drinks, and didn't think they were too bad. But i did drink a fair bit.
how would you rate them?

Yeah i think the RNs are just a very strong dose of MDMA.

Hell, im going to say they are better than Orange Butterflys, because they were. Could not stand for a good 3 hours...rushing off my tits.

From my experience, smokin after you've had a MDA...makes ya trip. Well i think it was MDA anyway....

beige amsterdams did it for me at a festival, was weird was about 6/7 hrs afters after the 2nd one was looking at these two screens they had on the side of the stage and images of rabbits and stuff dancing started to appear would look away then look back and they were gone..was really spinning me out and same deal only lasted about 1/2hr, first and only time i've had visuals also..

I've had an experience pretty similar to what most people describe... After a big night, 4 or 5 strong pills, probably MDMA, maybe MDA, and lots of cones, I had a few hallucinations while coming down, gremlins poking their claws through the roof, as well as green bunny rabbits next to my friends.

The best I've heard was from a friend who took about eight of the old Red 3's in one night, came home and thought he was playing the playstation for a while when the TV wasn't even turned on.

yer i get the same effects as tranzystate mostly when i smoke some ganja when im coming down from a big night out. however i don't do this very often as i find it very overwhelming an then i get very paranoid and then eventually pass out.
Although i do remember in my early days (my first ever rave) i had this same effect ,but i haven't had this feeling for a while now from pills alone.

i get the whole 'patterns moving' sorta stuff almost every time. i can usually tell when it is about to start to because before it happens my vision starts to stop and pause, almost like being in front of a strobe light (although a VERY SLOW strobe light). also often with the moving patterns on walls etc, sometimes i will look at someone and they will appear to have really bad acne, or people with dark hair, their hair appears to change colour, like it might look like a really mad navy blue colour. one of the first times this happened i had no idea it was all in my head, i kept asking my mate when did he dye his hair and how mad it looked. then all my friends started laughing at me telling me i was insane but i just couldnt believe it, his hair had truly (to me) been dyed blue.

but i've never had LSD so i couldnt compare if it was LSD like.

I have had visuals, when coming up and coming down of MDMA usually aided by cannabis. I get changes in depth (for instance tree branches 5m away coming out and reaching your nose) and colour perception(flowers changing colour and shape) as well as object fabrication. I would be driving down the road and the street lights would become the rear tail lights of other cars which would be modeled in perfect detail.
The visuals are not as profound as those of true psychedelics though and lack the intensity and substance.

fuzzydog said:
beige amsterdams did it for me at a festival, was weird was about 6/7 hrs afters after the 2nd one was looking at these two screens they had on the side of the stage and images of rabbits and stuff dancing started to appear would look away then look back and they were gone..was really spinning me out and same deal only lasted about 1/2hr, first and only time i've had visuals also..

Yes! They were absolutely crazy. I took one and for the best part of two hours nothing - then went for a walk and BAM! I was tripping hard for 4 hours straight. Completely on the moon I was. That pill was the closest thing to an LSD trip I've ever had.

yep happened quite a few times for me too. the the last two time i can recall were from beige amsterdams, and the white RN's just last weekend. i actually had 1 RN and 2 green stars that nite, came home to a few comedown cones. me and my mate sat in my backyard for about 6 hours trippin on shit. the backyard is the best place for this i have found so far. you can stare at gardens for hours and hours (well we did), watching the branches/leaves etc forming into things e.g animals, characters etc. lots of fun!

New Development

Hi everyone,

I am back from a large break from drugs and bluelight. In the last 8 months since the time that I experienced acid like visuals on an MDMA comedown I have consumed LSD once, 4-hydroxy-diethyltryptamine (a research chemical similar to magic mushrooms) once, and methylamphetamine once, all on separate occasions.

On the weekend I decided to attend a rave and consume some MDMA. The pills that were consumed were the green clovers that were recently doing the rounds in Perth. I consumed 4 pills over approximately 3.5 hours.

When I went into the toilet to consume my 3rd pill I looked at the floor and noticed that there was a bit of persian carpet patterning happening similar to when a psychedelic is consumed. Not long after this we left the rave and walking down the street I noticed severe auditory distortion similar to when 4-hydroxy-diethyltryptamine is consumed.

We went back to a friends house where for the next few hours I experienced full blown MDMA effect such as warm rushes and a loved up feeling, as well as full blown psychedelic visuals just like I had consumed LSD or some other psychedelic drug. When the MDMA effects wore off so did the visuals. I can honestly say that if someone told me that there was LSD in these pills I would have beleived them 100% because for me the effects were so similar except for the fact that they wore off in 3-4 hours just like MDMA and there was no head fuck common to psychedelics. The comedown that I felt was identical to an MDMA comedown and I did not at all feel like I had consumed a psychedelic drug

This is the second consecutive time that I have experienced psychedelic visuals when I have consumed MDMA, although this time is was much more noticeable. 2 of my friends who consumed the same pills did not experience these effects.

I beleive that an 18 month period where I regularly tripped on 2C-B, 2C-E, 2C-I, 2C-T2, 2C-T7, 2C-P, 4-HO-DET, 5-MeO-DMT, and LSD has altered my brain chemistry to make me able to experience psychedelic visuals from MDMA. Has anyone else experienced this phenomenon? The time recently that I consumed methylamphetamine I did not experience any psychedelic effects at all.

I really want to find out more about this. Has this ever been documented before? Surely if this was the case people like Alexander Shulgin would be experiencing psychedelic effects when they consume MDMA. If there are any scientists out there that would like to study my brain I would jump at the opportunity.

What are the thoughts and experiences of other bluelighters?

I would really like to find some answers.