Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

nimbin, hippyville yay

waterboy

Bluelighter
hey
im just wondering, ive only ever been to nimbin once when i was very small hence i dont remember it, but what are everyones expieriences at nimbin, ive heard many drug related stories, i wanna know things like what did you score, did you smoke up with a mad oldskool trippa or maybe have some trouble with a local reveal all stories on this post, if its still running, when i get back from nimbin when i got in a month or two im sure i will have some stories to tell.

cya all

i want to kidnap the ugliest dog alive that inhabits nimbin.

we've called it mitzi.

it is a chihuuha /daschund cross. sooooo cute.

it can't walk cause it's too fat it waddles, and when it wants to run it has to jump on all fours.

:D

we're gonna kidnap it.

but yeah...drugs :\...um...and old hippy told me about the wallaby inside the museum called wally hoppy or something :\

happy times :)

alot of people say it is derro on here and alot off people i knoware derro so maybe i am wrong but theres still hope

It's been a few years since I was in Nimbin, but every visit left an impression. The biggest eye opener was visiting some months after a 3 part series on the town had been aired on the ABC.

Otherwise a fairly positive program, a part of the show had focused on a particular town character who was shown on film doing naughty things. The time lapsed segment captured many hours, indicating this was perhaps an everyday occurence. The program also interviewed a disgruntled shop owner who complained -quite rightly- about the goings on, expressing her concern over the dangers associated with the "rubbish" left by those involved.

What was absolutely amazing, was that even after the whole country had seen his behavior months before, the said character was still operating in exactly the same spot, in exactly the same manner. I couldn't believe it. It certainly gave an impression that there were different laws in operation in Nimbin compared to other places in NSW. However, my next visit ~ a year later later saw quite a change, due no doubt to the shake up which had occurred in-between.

Some things will probably never change though, like the main street museum which features the craziest collection of old hippie stuff. The colourful hemp history of the town is vividly reflected as one walks through the confines of the small crowded rooms.

nimbin18a.jpg

Photo from Here

Of course there's also the May Mardi Grass festival, but from all reports, some things about this have changed - at least some things once done out in the open. However, most visitors to the town, at least in those days, would hardly forget the more than helpful "parking attendants" ;)

To answer ur question, straight to the [Edit: ask when you get there] This time of year is great as the winter harvest is bout to hit and they have some lovely bush circulating. You wont have to try hard the offers almost get annoying!

PS moderator sorry bout the location, but for those that have been there they will know its no big secret! =D

No sources or places to score please, or this thread won't last; p_d

Last edited by a moderator:
been there just lately, been there a twice now.

Still the same "above the law" features are in the town thats for sure.

Both times i went there i scored a little bit of mj, the wierd thing was I GOT IT OFF THE SAME GUY (first times was nearly two years before) .. rofl.

Its a nice place to visit for a short time if you got the time there is a nice B&B place not to far from town centre that you can stay at. There is also trance parties around the place to, you'll have to ask around for them though.

The laid back vibe from everyone in the town is great, something to be experienced.

The hemporium (i think thats it?) has all the information on the laws of mj, including new ways of people trying to move hemp into the commercial sector via hemp bricks.. Yes, building blocks, same shape and size as besser blocks, but made from hemp. They are quite light and supposedly stronger than besser.

mardi grass (weed festival) in on in nimbin this may day long week end and would be a great time to check out nimbin ;)

i was there for a holiday about a year ago. i stayed for about a week. in the main street youll see hippies sitting down on the footpath. each one you walk past will say "smoko mate?" "you right for smoko?" etc etc. some of them looked like junkies. i saw people in the pub (will this venue be deleted? hmmmm...) rolling up spliffs and smoking em in the beer garden. my dad bought some sausages with weed in em from -some butcher- , apparently if you know who to ask you can get pretty much any food you want with weed in it there. i also went to some crazy concert or something. this crazy rasta style hippie band, down at the local community hall, and there were people of ALL AGES 10 years to 80 years old, all smoking pot. it was definatley an experience. but its not the 'woodstock' or amsterdam that people make it out to be. its more like kings X without strip clubs.

The Nimbin adventure of hungry lotus and Evolution MDMA

Evolution and I have been to Nimbin maaaany times. At first it was a bit of a novelty, however on susequent trips it became more and more depressing. You get over the giddy thrill of open drug dealing and consumption and eventually see a diseased town, full of desperate people who missed out on Jerry Springer auditions.

Despite its free love (not that you would any that is on offer) and hippy reputation, after talking with some of the locals it was revealed to be a very violent town. The local police station isnt 24 hours and after approx 7pm the nearest operating/on duty cops are a good hours drive away. Tales of all out brawls, bashings and a myriad of other not so "victimless" crimes. One day at approx 1:30pm i witnessed one of the local junkies flip out and nearly beat a tourist to death.

yeah i agree, you definitely can't take the locals for granted and just expect everyone to be PLURy to each other....i've heard stories about pretty violent experiences and just recently i was there and was in the gift shop and a crazed man ran around to the back of the shop, tried the door handle, and then ran back out to the front screaming :\

i think like everywhere which relies heavily on illicit trade, you have to keep your wits about you [as hard as that may be some times ;)] and really try not to stick your neck out...as there is a very unstable equilibrium which from my experience seems very easy to upset...

on another note, i'm going to mardi grass festival, is anyone else? :)

I went to Nibmin for the first time about 3 weeks ago and here is what I found.

60% of the people there were tourists. The rest were locals and half the local were your tripped out garden variety stoner who were friendly enough and the other half were a little more scary obviosly into harder drugs and most were a quite unhinged. The town itself is tiny and really only consists of one street. So I will repeat to you what everyone told me when I was going to stay there. Nimbin its a nice place to visit and score but under no circumstances stay longer than a few hours.

"on another note, i'm going to mardi grass festival, is anyone else? "

im am definately contemplating it ;)

^ I was all set to go to mardi grass till i realised how far north of Sydney Nimbin is, Nimbin seems like an interesting place to visit but more like on the way to Queensland rather than basing a whole trip around it. Anyone reckon mardi grass is really worth the long trek from Sydney?

^^ Once I was working at a doof just up the road from Nimbin while the festival was on. A friend returned from Mardi Grass saying the best bud competition - strain was called strawberry something because of it's colour - was won by a young teenaged kid who grew better pot than his dad with 20+ years experience!

mmm...don't know whether that makes it a more or less attractive event, but it certainly raised an eyebrow for me. In those days, the choof was lined up for public view and assessment before a panel of connoisseur smokers puffed away until the winner was decided. However, from what I'm told, things are no longer displayed or evaluated in quite such a blatant manner.