Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

1st time testing help

skiingseth

Bluelighter
I just got a set of testers and i am having some trouble with them.
I put a small amount of substance in a bowl and add the mandolin tester it fizzes up turns orange (ketamine)for a split second then it darkens to a purple after about 3-4 seconds.
i would like to know if i should ignore the initial reaction because it was still turning colour?
after about 8 sec it turned black (XTC like substance)

I get a similar reaction with the reagent tester(turns greenish then grey then black after 5 sec).
both or them fizz up.

Mandelin is considered to be a fairly sensitive test for ketamine. As for your second test result (I presume it was Marquis); this is quite unusual and may indicate the presence of 2CI.

More info on Marquis from Erowid

It could very well be that your sample contains a mixture of active substances. One of the Enlighten crew may be able to comment further as they have had some experience with unusual test results. You might also like to repeat the tests using a flat white tile or plate under a bright light.

skiingseth said:
I put a small amount of substance in a bowl and add the mandolin tester it fizzes up turns orange (ketamine)for a split second then it darkens to a purple after about 3-4 seconds.
i would like to know if i should ignore the initial reaction because it was still turning colour?
after about 8 sec it turned black (XTC like substance)
It is possible that your pill contains MDxx and ketamine. Unfortunately this is one of the limitations of the reagents, and unlike a MDxx and amphetamine combination (where you can identify amphetamine on a Marquis) a MDxx and ketamine under Marquis will give a standard purple or black reaction.

I get a similar reaction with the reagent tester(turns greenish then grey then black after 5 sec). both or them fizz up.
Which reagent are you using here? Marquis or Mandelin? Mandelin will always give a black reaction for MDxx but may give a flash of green before it turns black. I don't know why this is but it does occur and may do it on pills that don't contain amphetamines (except MDxx). The better of the two tests for amphetamine is a Marquis anyway, in my experience it is more sensitive and a mixed reaction (MDxx and amphetamine) is more easily seen as black/purple and orange swirls.

When you mention a fizz, that can be part of a normal reaction when using fresh reagents and a concentrated sample (it commonly occurs with powders).

I suggest you read the Enlighten Reagent Kits pamphlet too.

Cowbay Mac your a ledgend i used both marquis and mandelin those 2 results you just described are exactly what i got cheers for that. it was a powder too!! you read my mind. that solves that cheers lads