Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Can empty nitrous bulbs be recycled?

kwiksand

Bluelighter
Ask a silly off topic question, I have a few used nangs sitting around the place, and as I'm about to move, I wouldnt mind getting rid of them.

It seems a waste to throw them out though, anyone know if scrap metal or recycling yards will take them? Some may even pay for them perhaps, depending on the quality of aluminum I guess.

Nang bullets

We once made something like a potato gun to fire our empty nangs at great speed into the suburban darkness at an angle of 45 degress. It didn't really work.

However, I have envisioned something similar to a crossbow, that could fire FULL nangs at an even greater velocity using the bulbs NO2 as a propellant.

To me, empty nangs look like little bombs/projectiles. I can't help it.

Re: Nang bullets

phatwithapkoolwithak said:
We once made something like a potato gun to fire our empty nangs at great speed into the suburban darkness at an angle of 45 degress. It didn't really work.

However, I have envisioned something similar to a crossbow, that could fire FULL nangs at an even greater velocity using the bulbs NO2 as a propellant.

To me, empty nangs look like little bombs/projectiles. I can't help it.
phyco but still sounds like a pretty fun thing to do but why would you try to use the n2o as propelent would'nt u rather inhale it

I remember waking up one morning with this marvelous idea, a 25mm thick, 6ft long peice of steel conduit with a spike at the end on the inside of the pipe which you then dropped a full nang down in the hope that it would burst the seal and rocket out the top of the conduit.

It was only a couple of seconds later that my conscious mind woke up and told my subconscious to come and tell me another bright idea when it'd had a physics lesson...

But anyone seriously guys, anyone know of a recycler to put said empty canisters?? I'm not just talking about a couple or anything..

Do a search on http://www.yellowpages.com.au for scrap metal merchants, call them up tell them the weight of your aluminum and ask if they'd buy scrap aluminum.

Some scrap guys don't pay, they just come and take annoying large metal things off your property for free, and melt it down to make money out of it later. I've had things removed like this, its handy if you just need something large and heavy gone. But metal is expensive and if you have the time and the tools its worth it. Some scrap metal merchants / recyclers you can take your stuff there and you get $$.

For example, aluminum is expensive, you can strip a house under construction of its aluminum door and window frames in 5 minutes with a strudy flat head screw driver. This will get you I think around $ 100 - $ 150 at a smelter. Not that I recommend this practice nor do I partake.

A can fetches you 5 c in S.A. because to those guys who melt it down its probably maybe almost worth that. Nangs are much heavier, and contain a lot more aluminum. Cans are probably a higher grade aluminum than nangs, but both are made for consumption, so I don't know with nangs. They could be worth a small amount of cents each?

Fridges can also be redeemed for cash. See one lying on the side of the road? Want some money? Remove all but the different metals, take it to someone who melts the shit down and you got at least $50 probably more. The older the better.

If you've got a truck full of these empty nangs, you may be able to retire early kwiksand.

Otherwise a scrap metal guy will come and take them away I'm sure.

"Uhhh I've got three hundred kilos of steel I'd like you to remove"

*scrap metal guy sees sulo bins full of used nangs*

"duuuuuude you hit the bulbs harrrd!!!"

Nangs are stainless steel.

They also fit perfectly in Class18 15mm PVC pipe...

You can make very fun toys that shoot used nangs, but for the best "projectile", you need to saw the nangs in half :p
(And put two fishing sinkers inside, seal with araldite. or just heat up the nang-half with some lead in it)

Use the Rounded half as a "bullet" and then the bit with the hole on it, as a conepiece...

Stainless steel, so they work OK - but you need to drill out the end so theres no more rubber seal ;)

Gotta smoke a few cones through it to "break it in" and let it get covered with a bit of resin - that way they don't rust :)

We made a gnarly coffee table out of old nangs and a seriously large quantity of solder. This was some time back, as you can tell by the descriptor "gnarly". I wonder who ended up with that table...

duhh, stainless steel :\

Depending on the grade, I think stainless steel gets you around $ 1 a kilo.

Aluminum is slightly more expensive I thought, at the recycling stage anyway.

Has anyone ever played Nang Angels? It's the same as Snow Angels, just with bulbs - you throw them on the floor when you're done, then lie in them and wave your arms up and down. One morning I came home from work (nightclub) to find my poor flatmate lying broken on the floor, curled up in a little ball in the middle of his own nang angel :)

Other things I've seen nangs used in: mobiles, fashion (nang collar! damn that thing was heavy) and coat rack. You'd need to own a few coats to use a whole wheely bin full though =D

aunty establishment said:
Has anyone ever played Nang Angels? It's the same as Snow Angels, just with bulbs - you throw them on the floor when you're done, then lie in them and wave your arms up and down. One morning I came home from work (nightclub) to find my poor flatmate lying broken on the floor, curled up in a little ball in the middle of his own nang angel :)

Other things I've seen nangs used in: mobiles, fashion (nang collar! damn that thing was heavy) and coat rack. You'd need to own a few coats to use a whole wheely bin full though =D

Haha i have done something similar with nitrous canisters quite sometime ago, we use to write words and construct scenes using the bulbs :D