• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Upper vs. Downer People

captainballs

Bluelighter
COMMENCE BATTLE!! jk, really. I've been thinking pretty deeply for the last few days about how interesting it is that there are some people who are affected by uppers to almost a religious extent, but it seems like these people also don't really get off that much from downers (even oxy). The opposite I've found is also true in my small, limited view of the world. Like me: I'm a downer person. Adderall, Ritalin, and even meth AND extacy are not very euphoric to me (anymore, at least lol)... but painkillers, xanax, etc... oh my, they hit me in all the right places. It has a lot to do with personality, I'm sure... but I also think it may have a whole lot more to do with genetic make-up, general brain chemistry, etc... really interesting to think about. Has anyone else found this phenomenon, although seemingly mundane, to be extremely curious and interesting?

^A bit of speedball action eh? :D

I don't think I'm built for uppers. I went to a rave last night and split half a gram of speed with a friend. I just couldn't talk to anyone while I was on it. We spent most of the time sitting in the corner of the chill room, keeping to ourselves. It was decent gear, and she also had some base left from her last outing so I had some of that too. Basically, my uppers need to be both physically and mentally stimulating.

To be honest, I find codeine more fun than amphetamines. But I don't have access to any other downers except alcohol.

To be honest, e has never hit me that hard. And meth isn't really intense for me either, but that's one of the reasons I like it. A mild high, so I'm still able to act totally normal on it. Nobody can tell when I'm tweaked out.

Gotta be downers. The dirtiest downers of all, benzos and alcohol. And of course, opioids provide that essential euphoria that just helps one through the day.

Oblivion is nice.

Uppers can be good too... At times. Ecstasy is nice, but I doubt I'd use anything else other than for, say, working or studying hard.

If I had to choose, I'd choose downers. There's nothing like escaping reality for a few hours in a hazy, euphoric, blissful state where nothing else matters at all. %)

Personally, I just wouldn't want to be talking 300 words per minute and feeling paranoid, anxious and, really in need of a cigarette... (always smoke loads when on uppers, not including X)

Mixing would be good. Smooth out the rough edges. Energy and euphoria without feeling the need to reach for my tinfoil hat and crawl under the bed.

downers. the only uppers I like are when I mix it with my shot of downers.

Downers are definately where it's at, followed by some choice hallucinogens.

That's not to say I'm not diverse in my drug use, I like lots of certain drugs from different catergories, I just prefer more downers on a wider scale
32.gif

It's a mood thing for me. It just depends on what mood I'm in, and subsequently, what mood I'd like to be in or what mood I'd like to exaggerate. I am, by nature, an anxious person, so I'd have to say downers are, generally, the direction I go in.

I totally know what you mean captainballs, I've noticed the exact same thing. Me personally, I'm a select few, I like it kinda speedballed to a certain extent! :) Weed n Uppers are my fave! :D Opiates and uppers = not as good for me but still can be fun sometimes. Come to think of it, I've actually done as many uppers (Coke, Meth, E) as I've done downers (Mostly weed, vicodin and benzos) so it's split between the two.

~Kate (Formerly PsychedelicPixie)

weed and psychedelics are my favorite but between uppers and downers, definitely downers. the reason is i like my sleep and i like relaxing. downers relax my body, uppers make my heart beat very fast which makes me nervous.

I am not nearly as experienced with downers as I am with uppers, but so far I like them both almost equally. Really, there's no drug I don't like........and that ain't a good thing. At all.

I like both, i would pick uppers over downers but i still get plenty out of downers i use them more than uppers because they're not as harsh on the mind and body and they're generally cheaper. I pick uppers though as many of the best nights of my life have involved uppers whereas downers are more like a bit fun or r&r.

Gotta depend on the my mood really and any future events but I get the most from both.

Im gonna have to go with downers and more specifically opiates. Alot of times opiates can give me an excited, energized high. I can talk forever on opiates.

humm i used to be all downers now i throw in uppers. I like them both like miss behavin. All round though I use the downers alot more.

I prefer downers, particularly opiates. However I am very sensitive to uppers (a good line of coke will last me an hour if it's the first) and I have a naturally high tolerance to narcotics. Damn. Cocaine and Duragesic patches are fun to combine though.

...a little from column A, a little from column B...

I refuse to pick one class of drugs over another. i love them all equally :)