• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Online drug-use survey (NSW) + enter draw for $250 voucher Central Station Records

bethy_t

Bluelighter
Our organisation is doing some research project about the use of club drugs, to inform a new harm reduction campaign due to be released later in the year. We're undertaking focus testing in the developmental stages, and we're also running an online survey about potential messages to be used in the campaign. There's a prize draw for anyone who does the survey, we're offering a $250 Central Station Records voucher.

Do the online survey at www.ys.net.au/clubdrugproject.asp & once you finish you can opt to go in the draw to win a $250 voucher. Your name won't be linked to your responses, and all your answers will be totally confidential.

[Edit: Fixed inoperative URL and included information about this survey. BT]

Last edited by a moderator:
I have included some actual information on the study now. The data is apparently aimed toward providing input to the planning stages of an upcoming harm reduction advertising campaign... if I had more info I'd pass it on. Maybe bethy_t can update with specifics on who the research is being conducted for and to what end?

BigTrancer :)

Well i just filled it out

I seriously hate answering the 'yes all the time', 'sometimes', 'never' type questions as i feel these often need to be given a context - otherwise it's down to whatever incident you are thinking about at the time annd so is not truely representative.

I like how they asked for bits of advice to give people that are thinking about taking them. I just realised how much i can rant and how quickly - if that was an essay i had to write whilst at uni it would have taken me about 15 hours longer!! :D

I really don't feel comfortable filling in an online questionaire and then providing personal details to a 'private' organisation in order to go into a draw. Other surveys that have been posted on here are usually by someone related to a university, and have ethic board approvals that you can verify the bonefides with.

I'm not saying this is necessarily bogus, but this type of offering a prize to draw in criminals (and face it, you'd be admitting to criminal behaviour in this survey) is one of the oldest stings in law enforcement. 8)

eccitude said:
I really don't feel comfortable filling in an online questionaire and then providing personal details to a 'private' organisation in order to go into a draw. Other surveys that have been posted on here are usually by someone related to a university, and have ethic board approvals that you can verify the bonefides with.

I'm not saying this is necessarily bogus, but this type of offering a prize to draw in criminals (and face it, you'd be admitting to criminal behaviour in this survey) is one of the oldest stings in law enforcement. 8)
I agree, however if it is optional to provide details then so be it.