Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

50 minutes chanel V

Stuart

Bluelighter
at my friends house, i saw chanel v was doing a report on 'the danger of party drugs'
basicley craping on about how bad they are for you, and saying they are cut with drain cleaner and all that other bulshit to scare us,

does anyone know what time it is going to be on, and if someone can record it and post is maybbeeeee because i don't have foxtell :(

Link for QuickTime section on ecstacy: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?postid=2975616#post2975616

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember seeing an 'ad' for it about a week ago and I think it was on last sunday so unless channel v is planning on re-running it, i'm afraid you may have missed it.

Are you serious? How can they possibly imply that party drugs (im assuming MDMA) are cut with drain cleaner. Pure rubbish.

JB did an interview representing Enlighten for this interview, it airs 17th April. I am suprised in the way they are promoting it, the impression I got was that it would be quite an informed presentation.

Cowboy Mac said:
JB did an interview representing Enlighten for this interview, it airs 17th April. I am suprised in the way they are promoting it, the impression I got was that it would be quite an informed presentation.

17th? Goodo - that means that I can still watch it and see how the channel v team portrays the 'truth'. I always thought that Channel V was reasonably sound in its representation of the truth, but going from the current ad for 50 minutes, it seems that it's just another of the many sensationalist current affairs programs that very rarely portray anything resembling the truth at al.

For those who havent seen the ad, it shows a party/club scene where various guys/girls are dancing around having a good time. As this is occuring, there's written text and a voice-over stating the common constituents of 'designer drugs'. E.g above the head of some guy dancing it will say - STRICHNINE- or -SAWDUST- or - DRAINO- etc

I've got to say that I was pretty surprised when I saw it - sure it's commercial television but channel v always seemed to be accurate and unbiased in it's reports. O well, it should be interesting to watch, if only to dismiss it.

Originally posted by Cowboy Mac

Mmm, I would have through the same thing...Channel V seems to be pretty switched on, and I would have thought they would know the informed viewer wouldn't buy into the myths.

What an utter load of crap. Can someone rip and upload it, for those of us that don't have Foxtel?

makes sense that it's a send up i guess..the similarity of the names and how it was altered says it all lol should be an interesting watch..

drinky_mcbeer said:
Apparently this show is jsut a take off of 60 minutes and is not serious.

There is this thread about it: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?threadid=194667&r=12

Maybe the 2 should be merged because they will be very related.

yes. the show is a take off of 60 minutes, but it is serious.

its basically channel V's show to present stuff thats important/relevant to current media topics i guess.

i've only seen it a few times but yeh, its kinda comical but if theyre gonna be doing a report on party drugs (ive seen the ad) then im pretty sure itll be legit. how much bs is gonna be in it though? we just have to watch and see i guess

I can tell you if you miss it, no big deal foxtel repeat the shit over and over anyway

They probaby have misinformation :) What a surprise?

Draino can be used in a synthesis of Meth.

KostoN said:
They probaby have misinformation :) What a surprise?

Draino (NaOH) can be used for many different applications, including the manufacture of various illicit substances. I'd like to hope however, that not all clandestin chemists are so unscrupulous as to use draino as their source of NaOH, as it's not lab-grade and is full of impurities.

Enlighten will be receiving a copy of it, we'll make it available digitally when we do.

Originally posted by KostoN

Yeah, Draino might have enough sodium hydroxide (NaOH) content for it to possibly be usable in a meth synthesis; however, the reaction wouldn't be overly efficient, and you can bet that if a "chemist" is using something like Draino in a synthesis that the end product will be garbage, with little potential for sale or profit. Anyone capable of conducting an efficient synthesis and purifying the meth will know where to get a chemical that is as readily and freely available as pure NaOH crystals, particularly if they have gotten their hands on the other necessary precursors.

Originally posted by comf0rtably numb
I'd like to hope however, that not all clandestin chemists are so unscrupulous as to use draino as their source of NaOH, as it's not lab-grade and is full of impurities.

I hope so too. But aside from their ethical integrity, I reckon that a clandestine chemist capable of more than small-scale meth synthesis (let alone MDMA) would not bother with Draino, which would probably botch their reaction and shit up their precursor chemicals, when pure NaOH crystals are just as accesible as a bottle of Draino.

The use of sensational and exaggerated claims like the one about Draino having something to do with illicit drugs (directly) is an obvious attempt to stigmatise illicit drugs, borne out of a few odd clandestine lab busts where Draino might have been present, with the reality of the situation subsequently manipulated by opportunistic bullshit artists. The irony is that if Draino is present in illicit drugs, the very people who use it as an argument against illicit drugs ignore the fact that their prohibitive strategies are partly to blame.

Cowboy Mac said:
Enlighten will be receiving a copy of it, we'll make it available digitally when we do.

nice.. you are now my new best friend..

i rely want to see all the bulshit they drible in it.. i mean

if a drug dealer makes crap drugs, and DEADLEY drugs.. people won't buy it, and he has made a loss.. i cannot wait to see them say "drugsw are cut with *insert deadley chemical here*

i think they should show a whole prog saying the positive effects of MDMA, and a case for it to be made legal if anything...

but foxtel is owned by telstra.. who the australian goverment has controling intrests over...