Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

film: Lost Highway

captainballs

Bluelighter
Lost Highway

Ever since I was a little 6th grader I've thught this was one of the best movies of all time. I haven't seen it in a few years so I think I'll go rent it tonight...

Does anyone have any interesting interpretations of this movie they would like to share? :D %)

I actually think this is the worst of Lynch's recent work.

The first half hour (with the videotapes) could easily have been cut down, and the dark lighting didn't work for me.

I haven't seen it in a few years but here's my take. Up untill he wakes up as the other guy in the cell he is hilself. Once he wakes up as the other guy, the rest of the movie is his brain firing wildly due to electrocution in a split second. The lightning at the end is when his brain gets fried in the electric chair.

Now I love Mulholland Drive and Blue Velvet, as well as Twin Peaks, but I just felt this was missing something. Maybe I'll have to go back and revisit it.

I like this movie, but I agree, it is not one of Lynch's best. My least favorite parts of the movie were the free-jazz interludes. I actually haven't seen it in so many years that I can't remember exactly how I interpreted it.

an article i read said it was about a psychogenic fugue

he does kill his wife because he's jealous and fucked up in the head, but can't accept it and so invents himself another life during the time spent in jail, or maybe during the execution, like wizekrak said

rarely do i sit there and try to rationally figure out Lynch's work. i think most of his stuff is more like an abstract piece of art that just needs to be absorbed. if that makes sense?

i've only seen Mullholland Dr., Blue Velvet, and Lost Highway so far but i'd have say that Lost Highway is my least favorite. It's not that i think it's bad i just think that the other two are slightly more poignant. Well, they were for me at least.

ps. you saw Lost Highway when you were in grade 6?! ---> 8o

;):)

^^ Me and the cool kids watched all that shit: Blue Velvet (what's he doing with those scissors??!!), etc... that's why I'm so fucked up now.

drEaMtiMe*@# said:
rarely do i sit there and try to rationally figure out Lynch's work. i think most of his stuff is more like an abstract piece of art that just needs to be absorbed. if that makes sense?

Yeah I'm the same with his films. First watch I just let my senses be assaulted & if I manage to follow exactly what's going on then it's a bonus, but I've found it can be detrimental to the enjoyment of the film if you try too hard to understand everything.

Repeat viewings (which I think all his films stand up well too) is where I really try to sort out what is going on.

Lost Highway's one of my least favourites but I still enjoyed it, & it's got an awesome soundtrack to boot.

Originally posted by PinholeStar
Yeah I'm the same with his films. First watch I just let my senses be assaulted & if I manage to follow exactly what's going on then it's a bonus, but I've found it can be detrimental to the enjoyment of the film if you try too hard to understand everything.

Repeat viewings (which I think all his films stand up well too) is where I really try to sort out what is going on.

:D

exactly like that.

remember that most people have just said they prefer his other works though, not that they necessarily dislike this...