• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Roadside Drug Tests - Twice in 1 week!!!

staple_it

Bluelighter
Random Roadside Drug Testing!!!

FUCK YOU PIGS! I'm straight as a bean. minding my own damned business and you pull me over, only minutes from home, put me in a van for three hours, aksed me this, asked me that. send me on my way with a $300 fine and 3 demerit points lighter?! BOO FUCKING HOO! FYI....the second I walked around the corner from you arsholes I shovelled as much fucking powder as i could up my fucking nose. so anyone happen to walk past a chick this morning looking very pissed off and suspiciously like she was racking as she walked....SHE WAS!@!!@@@

It sounds like a teribble ordeal, and I don't mean to be offensive, but your post conveys little more than an angry response.

When you settle down a bit, you might like to review things in a bit more detail so that others can learn from this and avoid a similar situation.

Questions which immediately spring to mind:

• Were you actually tested, and if so, what type of test were you given (Drugwipe)?
  • If you were tested with Drugwipe, were you then given/ offered a blood test?
  • Were you chosen randomly or were the police alerted because of your driving i.e. was it dodgy, erratic etc?
  • What questions were you asked?
  • Did you actually test positive, or were you fined etc for something else?

p_d :)

If you were driving a vehicle on drugs you deserve what you got. If I was in your position I wouldn't be bitching because you know you are takng your chances and shouldn't be on the road in that state anyway.

Last edited:
put me in a van for three hours, aksed me this, asked me that. send me on my way with a $300 fine and 3 demerit points lighter?!

Are you sure this is how it went? AFAIK you don't get the fine and demerit notice until the sample comes back from the lab, which takes at least a week...

and yeah I agree with Cowboy Mac, you do the crime, you do the time.

staple_it: as pointed out you wouldn't get a fine on the side of the road for a DUI. You would get your day in court , and I don't think you would lose three points, probably your licence.

Also, if you were driving under the influence, and you killed someone (which does happen) you would be going to jail for a long time.....

[Edit: Flames removed. BT]

Last edited by a moderator:
How long do drugs stay in your system say i have a big night 2 nights ago and im driving will i be tested positive as on erowid it says that it will b in your system from 3-5 days or sumthing so how does that work with the test?

Can we keep the flames out of this thread because nothing productive will just come out of flaming this person.

Can you also please tell us when you last took something that they could have tested for, that way it gives others an idea of the timeframe they can test for.

It also seems that you had drugs in your posession so its lucky you didnt get searched and done for that. If you were infact under the influence I agree that you should be punished in some way, but that is of course my opinion.

If you would care to give us some more details that would be greatly appreciated.

1der_drug: I think you could learn to keep some of your comments to yourself... and learn how to spell.

Re: Random Roadside Drug Testing!!!

staple_it said:
FUCK YOU PIGS! I'm straight as a bean.

I think this answers the question as to wether he was under the influence at the time.... that's what sucks about drug tests... even if it's a couple days later... you can still get done

frog-e, are you going to provide some evidence to support what you are saying or is that pure speculation? I was lead to believe that the police were saying the time frame for the drug testing was 24 hrs, but you are saying a couple of days so something to support that would be appreciated.

Also some people tend to say they are straight when they feel somewhat straight, but then also may just remember that they'd had a small bump of meth a few hours earlier... and what's a small bump? You still feel straight... right?

The more I think about it the more I don’t know whether to laugh or cry. It seems such a ludicrous waste of police resources and in my case as with most cases I’m sure, it doesn’t appear to benefit anyone. I laugh every time I picture myself in that van with that drug test hanging out of my mouth, sitting there for what seemed like an eternity while I waited for my mouth that was at the time dryer than the sahara desert, to produce enough saliva so the test would turn blue & could be taken out & tested for drugs. All the while trying not to chew on it! Ha ha ha ha Even the constable that was sitting there with me could help cracking a grin every time I looked over at him(whether or not he was laughing at the irony of it also, I’m not sure, but he was friendly at least). Which is more than I can say for the Leading Senior CUNTstable that was overseeing the whole thing.
What an arsehole. I’d been more than co-operative, and polite and considering his position as the head of the “Enormous Waste of Your Time and Money for No purpose Van” team, you would think he’d have some people skills under his belt. I’ve had more successful conversations with rabbit.
For those of you that are shaking your finger at me for driving with drugs in my system; Maybe you’re right, maybe I shouldn’t be driving but
1. I’ve been absolutely pig eye blind and driven and gotten away with it (now that’s just stupid & dangerous) so where the fuck were the police all those times? (and there were a lot of times)
2. Gandparents pose a danger to themselves & every other road user every time they get behind the wheel. Hands up if you shit yourself every time you’re forced to get into a car with an old person? It’s the scariest ride of your life.
3. If anything, It should have been the ghb I’d taken earlier that saw me taken off the road more than the half a pill taken 5 hrs before hand or the speed I’d taken the day before.
4. Why can I take my valium or xanax or temazepam or stilnox on prescription and then legally be allowed to drive?!!!
The whole idea of drug testing drivers is flawed. How can the presence of drugs in my saliva indicate whether or not ‘under the influence’ or fit to drive or not? I walked away having once again lost all respect for the police ( oh wait, idin’t lose it, they never had it) and will more than likely get a $300 fine and lose 3 demerit points. Which I think may possibly cause me to lose my license as last time I checked I only had two points left.
Lastly I just one to point out one more thing. Where is the logic in pulling over drivers, drug testing them and yet (admittedly thankfully) not searching that person or their vehicle when they test positive to drugs?!
They could have recouped their losses if they’d have checked my handbag let alone my car! Yep, all I can do is laugh……

^^^
4. Why can I take my valium or xanax or temazepam or stilnox on prescription and then legally be allowed to drive?!!!
The whole idea of drug testing drivers is flawed. How can the presence of drugs in my saliva indicate whether or not ‘under the influence’ or fit to drive or not?

Aside from the practical issues of testing for prescription-drug driving, I'm guessing there would be too much opposition from many groups in society, including politicians, if the police expressed an interest in improving road safety by netting drivers 'impaired' by licit drugs. Illicit drug users are still a nice convenient target group in Australia in 2005, so political points are a toasty bonus served with the (potential) improvement in road safety that comes with random testing.

Far less enthusiasm (less political points) would be thrown the way of the police if they claimed that patients ('poor sick people') on all kinds of legal drugs ('healing therapeutic medicines') were causing "carnage" on our roads, and that they should be Drug-Wiped off the road too, because legitimately ill people are nowhere near as good targets as illicit drug users; however, the ambiguous statistics about the presence of drugs in the blood of people involved in road accidents leaves the argument about what drugs/drug combinations are causing this supposed "carnage" wide open. So it cannot yet be argued that prescription drug users are not being targeted because illicit drug users cause the majority of accidents.... Which leaves us with room to accuse governments of having ulterior motives behind the random drug testing campaign. (I haven't seen any specific statistics, maybe someone out there has).

Further, you can't take your benzos or stilnox and legally drive if your ability to drive is impaired as a result. If the police pull you over and reasonably suspect that you are driving whilst impaired by a chemical, they still have the authority to test your impairment with some physical tests of co-ordination etc., and if they then still reasonably suspect that you are impaired, they will ask you to submit a blood sample for analysis which you are then obliged to provide. Ofcourse, it is less likely that you will get busted in this way than with the random drug test.....

Lastly I just one to point out one more thing. Where is the logic in pulling over drivers, drug testing them and yet (admittedly thankfully) not searching that person or their vehicle when they test positive to drugs?!
They could have recouped their losses if they’d have checked my handbag let alone my car!

Thankfully, if the whole drug-testing shammozle is motivated by a desire to assault illicit drug users in society, it has to be approached in a pretty covert manner. So, police can't say that an initiative designed to improve ROAD safety should entitle them to a coupon for one free search of vehicle and person - the issue is not what drugs you have in your car, but whether or not you are being a safe and considerate motorist. What is in your body fluids is of concern to the cops; what is in your pocket is your own business.

You see, if they were to catch someone who tested positive for cannabis, chances are that the person has just had a choof with a few mates and is on their way home. They remove him from the road and their job is done, in line with their mission. It would be very non-civil libertarian of them to shit all over that person's privacy and personal freedom by subjecting them to a personal search (on top of an already invasive saliva search), which would in most cases yield nothing more than a little bud or a crusty roach. It would also open the floodgates for people to (rightfully) accuse the police of mounting a campaign against personal liberty in the guise of a road safety campaign, and the louder the voice of political and grassroots opposition to real or potential abuse of authority in this country, the less chance there is of our police force disintegrating into a gestapo. This is probably the reason that the police make a conscious effort to avoid conducting searches on anyone who tests positive to a roadside drug test - I'm yet to hear of a personal search conducted in tandem with a positive test result.

Ok, now that we've established that you did have drugs in your system, can you please answer the questions posed by phase_dancer and others. It would be great if you could tell us what you were tested for and what you tested positive for. Also how long ago you last took some of that drug.

By answering such questions it keeps other people better informed about what they might expect when pulled over by one of these buses.

Also it might be a good idea to read this thread .

Thanks

I don't believe it matters whether you think you are straight or not, you shouldn't be driving with drugs in your system period. The police had every right to penalise you for that. Someone who blows 0.078 on the breathaliser probably thinks 'they're right to drive' but they are still over the limit. Human perception is unpredictable when we have drugs in our system, we may think we are straight but we may not be. Our reflexes maybe more relaxed, we might not be able to stop in time if something happens etc it's really better not to drive at all if you know you have drugs in your system...and by the sounds of it you had quite a bit...i'm not preaching, I've been in cars with mates who have driven home after a night of pilling, but I do think that if the police had pulled us over each time, it would have been for a fair reason..

ps...still not clear what you tested positive for...was it the half pill you had five hours prior?

I think she would have tested positive for amphetamine as, technically speaking, pills are a type of amphetamine.

Let's not forget people, drugs alone are illegal, but driving on drugs is even worse. You are lucky to get away with a fine and loss of demerit points, and not killing yourself or someone else.

You can blame the cops for doing there job and trying to keep the roads safe.

staple_it

Any more information would be great; where was the bus located and day and time, what did you test positive for and tell us more about the second and third (was there a third?) test.

While I'm against saliva testing as much as you, I think you need to take some responsibility for your actions.

You can come here and make all the excuses you want but what's done is done; instead of pointing the finger at police, old people and people who drive on prescription meds, you need to think about admitting that you screwed up and that these are the reprecussions for those actions.

Nowhere have you indicated that you realise that.

Also, don't even joke about how the police should actually search you instead of just performing the drug test. Instead of a road traffic matter, you would prefer the possiblity of a conviction against you for possession or worse?

You should consider yourself lucky to just lose your licence because it sounds like it could have been worse.

There was a study done today (friday 15th) and came to the conclusion that 1 in every 73 drivers tested came back positive with either meth or marijuana. They also couldn't pin it to a certain demorgraphic as there was a familar about of working and unemployed and male and female drivers.

1. I’ve been absolutely pig eye blind and driven and gotten away with it (now that’s just stupid & dangerous)

I completely agree with you there, sounds like you got what you had coming to you.

There's a reason you aren't allowed to drive under the influence IT GETS PEOPLE KILLED!

We have been warned about drug testing repeatedly.
Dont complain when you get caught, it wasnt like you never knew.

just saw some figure on the 5pm channel 10 news last night 8)

3318 people have been tested, and something like 75 had tested positive which equals 1 in every 44 people
(and one in every 70 truck drivers or something, with 17 testing positive)

compared to 1 in every 75 with alcohol

apparentley 8)

wouldnt be the fact that they put booze buses EVERYWHERE and only drug buses at certain places i.e - truck routes/outside raves etc.

not that im saying that people SHOULD be driving under the influence, they shouldnt be. BUT don't you love how the media sensationalises everything?

and staple_it: next time you drive, think about people other than yourself that you could kill on your way home from partying. if you want to endanger yourself thats fine, but please consider other people that drive on the road that may be hurt or killed as a consequence of your actions.