Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Byron Bay - Splendour In the Grass 2005 - REVIEWS - Belongil Fields

Status
Not open for further replies.

0ff1cer_ch0ps

Bluelighter
Guys, i know this a bit early... but PLEASE KEEP ME OPEN...

What - Splendour in the grass 2005
Where - Belogil Fields, Byron Bay
When - Saturday 23rd and Sunday 24th of July 2005
Who - So far annouced...
Queens of the stone age
Interpol
Bloc Party
Moby
Shihad
Sarah Blasko

Many More to be announced

Tickets - Will be available from Monday 9th of May. from all your usualy ticket outlets...

Last year when i went, this would have to be one of the best festivals i have been to...

So yeah...

moby moby moby moby!

and interpol! and sarah blasko! queens aren't that great live but ooh. i might have to think about trying to make it up for this :D

ooooh. Cool!

I really want to get myself up there for this!
As onetwothreefour said MOBY MOBY MOBY! he was on 'The apprentice' on monday and it just made me heart him more

But so far the line up sounds ery intersting, and uber exciteable.=D

*starts saving*
i hate so saving so it calls for a 8) face

onetwothreefour said:
queens aren't that great live but ooh.

8o 8o 8o 8o 8o

WHAT... where you have seen them play, when i saw them at the metro about 3 years ago, it was just SO FUCKIN GOOD...

cant wait to see these guys again...

I'll be there!! So excited! Haven't been up to Byron in years and can't even describe how much I want to see Moby! Should be an amazing weekend!

I think all Sydney BL's should chip in $10 each and fly me over for this super garrrrooovey event.

Will do sexual favours for the weekend.

Thanks guys. :)

*it's times like these I wish I'd moved to Sydney*

i lurved splendour '03 (well, apart from the mud, but even that couldn't ruin the weekend!)

i am so there.

it's time for a road trip... woooo

Originally posted by 0ff1cer_ch0ps
8o 8o 8o 8o 8o

WHAT... where you have seen them play, when i saw them at the metro about 3 years ago, it was just SO FUCKIN GOOD...

cant wait to see these guys again...

big day out 2003. and they *were* still better than most of the other bands on the bill, but considering how awesome their album was (and how massive they were at the time), i expected a little more from them.

they were good, tight, etc...just a little bit dull. not a lot of stage presence, i felt.

maybe it was just a bad day for them, or maybe i judged them harshly :)

Goddamn, interpol and bloc party. I went with 4 mates a couple of years ago when coldplay, sleepy jackson, the music, ugly duckling etc were there and it was awesome. I'd go for interpol alone this time round but unfortunately it's HSC year.

no one *accidentally* takes downers do they? ;)

so, um, splendour.

sounds good. has anyone seen interpol live before? a friend of mine has, and says they're amazing. their music is so atmospheric, seems like it would be perfect for live performance.

If anyone is looking for a half decent place to stay...

check out the Arts Factory ...

TOP PLACE AY!!! trust me you will love it, im staying there in one of the dorms, but they also have camping area...

It is just outside town and about 5 min drive to Belongil Fields!!!

Still over 3 months away, and im jump so amped, i put my holidays in already, booking the place on saturday morning.

in ref to QOTSA... when i saw them, i dont think there is much you can do when you just a solid rock band, like Nick moved around and Josh did a little dance while playing some songs... but that was about it... I think the biggest downer of seeing them Live was Lanegan being the most downed fuck in the world.

Chopsy: why do you make my desicions so god dam difficult 8)

a large event can be put up 8-12wks before hand...this in only a few weeks out of that time frame so i am willing to leave it open as long as any off topic banter is kept away. If DJC* decides to close it...;)

meanwhile...

hyped bout the line up already...

moby will be awesome to see, let alone QOTSA and Interpol!!! im not sure whether i will be attending. myself and harraser are a biy hesitant after the long haul last yr, considering we drove all the way from melbs last yr and i did all the driving...it cost us nearlly over $1000. not complaining or nothing...but we may go to some of the side shows if they are doing some...

*crosses fingers*

onetwothreefour said:
no one *accidentally* takes downers do they? ;)

dude havent you seen basketball diaries ?

FREAK !

When I close my eyes at night is about as close as ill get to going to splendor. I would love to come, but cant.

ahh no ive been to Byron twice this year. Not going a third time.

Moby is brilliant live.

I'd really love to go to this, but it'll prob be a choice between doing melb or byron in the next uni hols and melb is winning out at the moment.

Oh to be an event reviewer who got flown around the country ;)

{Edit. Updated title to include CITY FIRST}

I'm happy to leave this open. Its a fairly huge festival after all. However i will slap miss starfalls for not updating this thread before me...hmmm...? :p

Enjoy kids~ =D

DJC*

DJC* said:
However i will slap miss starfalls for not updating this thread before me...

doh...if you werent tellin me off that would be quite a turn on ;) ...actually tell me off more =D ;) ps: i didnt notice the title bit...sorry babe :)

Splendour shits all over the BDO to i have to say. i went to the one last yr and run into chopsy quite a few times ;) but i must say it was an awesome time. even harraser had a ball :D try to get your camping tickets if your camping and festival tickets before they sell out though...cause last year the were pitching them on ebay at $250each... 8o

best way to meet a bluelighter EVER !!!

just walk up to them in a drink queue and say

"Hello (insert realname)" then tell em about 2 mins later who you are and why you know there name!!!

MUHAHHAHAHAH

Ok... no more social chit chat for... for now... till... wait...

now...

ticket prices will be probably close to the same price as last year... which was about 120 i think... with camping i think... 200... or very close to. well worth it for a 2 day event with such great bands and atmosphere...

Status
Not open for further replies.