Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Wagga - Technophobia - April 16 - Bass Bar

tnargus

Bluelighter
Technophobia - April 16 - Bass Bar, Wagga Wagga NSW

K, i finally got it goin...

This is the opening night of Wagga's first dedicated electronica night. Technophobia aims to challenge punters to leave their fears and expectations at the door and come for a top night of electronic music. It also aims to educate them by playing a broad spectrum of dance. Everything from progressive and house to electro and techno to hard house and psy trance will be on display here, with the night being refined each week more and more to suit the tastes of the party going public. So, without further ado, here's the details:

----

Technophobia: I am not afraid...Opening Night
April 16th 2005

Progressive/House/Electro/Breaks/Tech/Psy/Trance
with tnargus - 5hr set

Doors open @ 10pm - FREE entry
Bass Bar (upstairs @ The Home), 142-146 Fitzmaurice St Wagga Wagga NSW

----

I know it's a big ask to come out to the country, but anyone who could make it for the first night of my own club night, would be massively appreciated :)

Have a top one people, see you there...%)

2676 posts and you still forget to put CITY FIRST!!! Is it really that hard for people to do?? :D

{Edit. Added City First to title}

Best of luck champ with the club night though. :D

DJC*

wow good stuff dude.

if i didnt live miles away id be there ;)

hey blair, its my bday the day before so ill ring you on friday and try to organisa something man...

^^ Sweet man, i'll see you there :)

Also i will be using my mates stanton decks at this gig till i get my own when they are released in about 2 weeks.

Been building a fine collection of tunes for the night...should be tops hopefully...

I WISH I COULD COME!

When are you coming home blair?

P.s will this be a regular thing? I'd love to do a roadie up when i have my liscense (~may) to come and visit for a weekend!

*misses you*

Well done though sweetie; this is so fantastic, and i am massively proud.
<3 *warm snuggley envelopey cuddles*

^^^ I'll road trip up with you! Blair this is fucking awesome mate congrats. Keep us posted for future ones i'll definitly come up. When are you coming 'Home'?

oooer did someone say ROAD TRIP?!?!

long time no see Rusty Bickie ;) Glad to see youre still around.

I did say road trip!
Want to come?!

haha. BL convention in wagga. It can be as cool as starwars. But cooler.

Blair is that man.

due to my stupidity...i lost my wallet last night...so cant roadie with you bubs...no cash at all... :(

^^ :) Hugs....you'll have a new one by the time it all gets organised i'm sure....Technophobia is an ongoing thing, not just a one off so there will be more opportunities....

Also thanks guys :) Means heaps....only 2 more sleeps....response so far has been positive....flyers around town have almost dissapeared in most spots (there were 600 of em) and i've heard back from a lot of people saying they'll attend....

Lookin forward to it....also have ordered my decks....2 X Stanton C.304 CD Turntables and 1 X Numark DXM09 mixer....have the Pioneer HDJ-1000 phones already....hopefully should have my gear in a couple of weeks...

Ok now i'm rambling ;)

let's hope people actually get there, 'cause it's a fat lot of good us all sitting around saying, um, 'yay go blair!'

still, i can't exactly get up there and it is really good that you've got a night man, so um, yay, go blair! =D

^^ :D Class......cheers bro....maybe you'll get here in a month or two... ;)

Starfalls and 1234 - Rusty Bickie and i are thinking of making the big mission up around may- june. Pretty much whenever i get my liscence. So that the driving can be shared!

We would love any one to come along! But it's not for a while. But it is still exciting.

So um, yay go blair! <3 ;)

^^^ i have a car =D so we could all go before then...just not this weekend :(

Ha you guys rock...

Got the decks, practiced up a bit today....looking forward to it..

has ive said in previous post goodluck n im sure ur going to kick arse btw is it at the same place we went to when i came to wagga?

^^ Nope different place.

K the night went off....turnout was a little smaller than hoped, but about what i expected. However, as mentioend in 24 Hour Party People, doesn't matter how many people where there to witness history...there were only 12 at the last supper and Archimedes was alone in the bath... ;)

Night started well with people showin up right on 10....started with progressive and progressive house tunes for about first 45min....then into house which went down well...moved into electro house, electro trance and general electro fun which everyone seemed to love...dancefloor was full....moved into some breaks which really got people moving....Wagga is very much a funky place when it comes to music i've found....people loved the funky electro breaks and deep bass parts...moved into some electro tech with Vitalic and Miss Kittin....prolly the biggest reaction of the night came with "You Prefer Cocaine" - Vitalic followed by Vitalic's remix of Miss Kittins "1982".....people were cheerin and shouting left right and centre...wasn't sure how to take it all :D Let's just say there will be more electro tech next night :) From there moved into trance and harder styles...this was good but i think people were wearing out on the harder stuff, so i brought it back to some funky stuff for the last half hour which left everyone on a good note :) Got massively cheered off which stunned me....didn't know what to do :\

Overall night was a success....owner didn't make any money but we are looking at solutions for that....going to start a mailing list for technophobia updates. Anyone who would like to be added just register your interest in my PM inbox :)

Thanks for the support guys, helped heaps...see some of you soon hopefully....:)