Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Does Salvia grow wild in Australia?

Norules

Bluelighter
I was just curious as to whether Salvia Divinorum grows wild in Australia, or is its growth restricted to the northern hemisphere? I remember reading that somewhere, but I just can't think why that would be the case . . .

No. It is native to (and apparently only found in) a region of Mexico. I don't know whether or not you grow it outdoors in Australia, as I don't really know much about the conditions there.

You could always keep some plants indoors, I guess.

You can't go foraging for any unfortunately, if thats what you had in mind.

Has salvia been scheduled in Aus?

Some of the tropial rainforest type areas in Queensland (the humid places) would most probably be quite good, but unless someone took the precaution of planting some before it was scheduled in Australia, then you won't find any. As my esteemed collegue mentioned, it's only native to a part of Mexico

Yep its ILLEGAL in Aus

not only is it scheduled, but it is on the same schedule as stuff like heroin.
if I'm not mistaken, it was made illegal in 2002, WAY before anywhere else in the world.

There are only 5 or 6 countries in the world which have made Salvia Divinorum illegal Australia not only including but leading.
The plant can grow everywhere, I have lots of friends in Germany they grow it in flower pots, easy to maintain, clone and grow.
You just need a fresh leaf, put it in the water or some sort of nutrient solution and soon you'll have a living, growing plant.
Seeds are not availible or very hard to find or obtain but the plant can grow in Sydney, Hobart, Darwin or Thredbo it doesnt matter.

I met a bloke who planted his whole lawn in Salvia a while before it became illegal in Qld. When I told him it had been rescheduled, he initially looked really worried, but instead of pulling it out I think he just bought a lawn mower ;)

Yes, Hmm Salvia.... Nice stuff

Yes In QLD it does grow quite well, Nth QLD a bit Diff to south QLD, the leaves will die off due to change in temp... then new freshy grows back!

Very easy to grow!

SpecTBK=D

Also seen a big ass healthy salvia plant growing around Nimbin and South Queensland. However... it never seemed as potent as the stuff I ordered. Maybe we didn't let it live long enough? It actually felt a tiny bit different to salvia too, more mellow, maybe that's because of the low percentage and absorbtion rate though.

Anyone (or more particularly "know of anyone" ;) ) had any luck growing Salvia or similar types of plants in NSW?

Specificaly, coastal northern NSW.

This plant can grow anywhere if you provide it with the correct micro-climate. When legal I new someone growing this one outdoors in melbourne all year round for many years. Unfortunately when it was scheduled this person destroyed her plants.

Yes once I knew someone who did this successfully. Follow a growers' guide for regular Salvia

This link might help by offering a general guide to sage in your area

Samson said:
Unfortunately when it was scheduled this person destroyed her plants.

... hmmm, scheduled in Victoria and Queensland. Seems logical to assume it is scheduled in NSW too. Think I will pass.:(

phase_dancer said:
Yes once I knew someone who did this successfully. Follow a growers' guide for regular Salvia

This link might help by offering a general guide to sage in your area

Thanks Phase... that link provided some good info for a few other items in my ever growing herb garden=D