⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film: Lady in the Water

BA

Bluelight Crew
Shyamalan Casts 'Lady in the Water' Leads

Shyamalan Casts 'Lady in the Water' Leads
Source: Variety March 30, 2005

Director M. Night Shyamalan ("Signs", "The Sixth Sense") is working fast on casting his next movie, "The Lady in the Water", about a building superintendent who finds a water nymph in the building's swimming pool.

For the titular character, Night wants to reunite with his leading lady from "The Village", Bryce Dallas Howard. She has been working with Lars Von Trier on "Manderlay" in the interim and will star in the HBO Films-financed theatrical feature of William Shakespeare's "As You Like It" for Kenneth Branagh next. She also will play the title role in "Mary Queen of Scots" for Warner Independent Pictures.

For the super, Shyamalan wants to cast Paul Giamatti, who blew audiences and critics away with his starring role in Alexander Payne's "Sideways" and who next appears in the Russell Crowe boxing flick, "Cinderella Man". Coincidentally, the latter is directed by Bryce's father Ron Howard.

Warner Brothers plans to release Shyamalan's next movie on July 21, 2006, and they've made offers to the two stars for a production that will begin in August.

source

In true shymalananan style, the "water nymph" will just be a reflection of a pigeon flying overhead. :D

I think I'm one of the only people to have hated Sixth Sense.

Sixth Sense wasn't bad, but yeah I never understood why everyone went so apeshit about it.

Unbreakable though, that was crap. So was Signs. I didn't even bother to endure The Village.

He got lucky once. Now he'll be making movies until he's dead. :\

I like all of this guys movies and imagine this one will be good as well.

Shamalayadkfjdslkafjlkasdjflka's :)p) movies may not be perfect and are by no means masterpieces but I always find them to be entertaining and when he's at his best, rather thought provoking as well.

damn haters. keep on hating.

He'll keep on laughing at ya with his stacks of money.

Oh, and I liked Unbreakable. What was so bad about it, aside from suspension of disbelief (a prerequisite of any M. Night flick)?

Granted, I didn't really enjoy Signs or the Village.

this is a remake of Splash, orginally directed by Ron Howard.

^^^^^
WHAT?!?!!?!?
::spits out coffee::

You can't be serious! 8(

What a freakin rip-off!!! :X

Originally posted by BlueAdonis
In true shymalananan style, the "water nymph" will just be a reflection of a pigeon flying overhead. :D

Haha!:D

Ya, sorry mynameeisnotdeja, but I'm not a big M. Night fan either.
His big flaw is style over substance , I think. I enjoyed Six Sense, thought Unbreakable was not bad, really didn't like Signs, didn't see Village.
But Signs? I just couldn't buy it.. I mean aliens that can cross the galaxy in spaceships but are not smart enough to wear waterproof jackets when taking over a planet that is mostly water? I dunno. Just ruins it for me. It seems he is just all about 'gimmicks'. And guest starring in your own movie? That is so lame.

Why be sorry to me? I love his movies..everyone has different taste..just offering a different perspective..he does have fans out there. :)

I agree hes kinda gone downhill since the begining..I didnt see the villiage but I heard it was sorta dissapointing..I should see it. Unbreakable was by far my favorite..the 6th sense was good too.

litw1sht.jpg

I might start watching his films again if he stops writing them.

It has Paul Giamatti in it so it has at least 1 thing going for it.

I thought The Sixth Sense was solid, even if it was ruined for me during the opening credits. Signs and Unbreakable were entertaining but nothing amazing. The Village was passable.

He should attempt a film that doesn't hang on a plot twist ending.