Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Entheogenesis Australis Conference 05

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronnysimulacrum

Bluelighter
Entheogenesis Australis 05 - Entheobotanical and Shamanic Plant conference

Due to the success of the ‘Entheogenesis Australis’ conference in June 2004 we are announcing our plans to step things up a notch for 2005.
We have a few ideas for the conference that we would like you to consider and we would greatly appreciate your feedback.

Proposal for ‘Entheogenesis Australis 05’:
Duration: 2 days
Activities:
- (1st day)- Talks/ Presentations
- (night)- Party
- (2nd Day) Workshops, Market/ Trades

Some benefits of using the Grampians site.

- plenty of space (for activities, stalls, fun etc)
- privacy (no distractions or interruptions)
- beautiful energy
- cabins and camping area on the conference site
- relatively close to S.A (so more people from Adelaide & can attend)
- We can get a little silly, get a little loud, perhaps even naked… who knows these are Ethnobots after all ;)

So if you could take the time to do our survey and also suggest any speakers or other useful comments we would greatly appreciate it.

See the poll .

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for posting Ronnysimulacrum, but your link actually infringes posting guidelines for this forum as it is possible to link to sources for plants etc. through the 'forum home link'. Unless the other other mods of this forum are willing to make a special exception, I'm sorry, but you'll need to remove the link.

Regardless of the semantics of legal and illegal substances, this posts is bordering on advertising spam.

Would it not be prudent to post a list of the proposed conference speakers and the range of activities? (to support this topic being hosted in the Drug Discussion forum). If you're after input on what subjects to address or what speakers to invite, then I think a different tact than effectively 'flyering' the forum is required.

i.e.: What/where was Entheogenesis 2004? (for those people who werent there). What made it such a success? What do you hope to achieve at Entheogenesis 2005?

If this conference is a music festival like Earthcore with assorted 'cultural' stalls and people etc., then this topic is best suited for the Australian Events forum.

BigTrancer :)

Last edited:
'Regardless of the semantics of legal and illegal substances, this posts is bordering on advertising spam'

- maybe, if it was a conference to profit someone, but it is not, proceeds from last conference are being used to fly down a speaker this year.

I am really trying to probe people that went last year or have known of it over the last 5 years or so, and get some data to help make some decisions.

'If this conference is a music festival like Earthcore with assorted 'cultural' stalls and people etc., then this topic is best suited for the Australian Events forum.'

It is a conference, not a festival, we expect like 50-100 people to come and site together to talk about plant drug, the law and so on. And when we go official it will be under Melbourne events.

I would have thought people around here would embrace a physical space to meet up and swap info and legal highs.

I must be wrong, sorry for wasting your time.

04 info to help you understand what we are about;

‘Entheogenesis Australis’ (Formerly Mini-EB) -04

Victorian Entheobotanical and Shamanic Plant conference

We have confirmed our super special interstate speaker; Adam (Head), and are very glade he is taking the time off to educate us all.

Speakers and consultants

Michael - 'Neurotransmitters, Entheogens and the Tree of Life, a thought concept in progress'.

Tim - 'Mono Amines & Brain Chemistry'

Fractal - ‘demonstrating and training us on is Thin Layer Chromatography’

Thomas - ‘Not from an authoritative source': the chemistry and politics of salvia
divinorum

Martin - 'Extracting Organic Caffeine in a Small Room'

David - Offering access to the Australian Flora Information System. For interested People, this will be happening over the meal break.

Snu - "Words on club-mosses [Lycopodiaceae], drawn from his published article in ‘Eleusis’"

DJ Krusty - 'SOUND SYSTEMS, SACRED PLANTS & TRANCE DANCE?? Including a reading from his published chapter in the ‘Free NRG Book’"

Gonzo - 'The concept, history and future use of guides on Psychedelic journeys. As well as some words on the forthcoming US MindStates conference'.

And More

We sincerely hope you can attend this event .

Kind Regards;
Timothy Payne
Michael Bock
Jonathan Carmichael
Adrian Glaister
Morph-man

if you read the fine print, this is a survey

can no one understand that?

there is no event, i am geting data:)

Cool, now we are geting somewhere

EGA was know as Mini Eb up till 2 years ago, so some of you may know it by that name.

We are going to have so much fun this year, out in the hills

Sounds great!

Good luck with it all.

Please post details when you know more.

Well we have been receiving lots of emails from speakers and the like. I have not got a full list yet and still have lots of people to confirm and get back to. But I can say that Carl T, David Cameron and Michel B are defiantly speaking. As well as lots of the other regulars and some new people to.

If you are interested in speaking or have a suggested speaker please drop me a pm.

Can anyone from the public come or do you need industry involvment/qualifications?

The last Conference was excellent. Many intelligent and enlightening speakers provided a vast source of knowledge. I was very much amazed by the turn out and vibe.

Can't wait for the next one. These conferences definetly have a very special feel about them. From a scientific stand point you could compare these conferences to the Mind States ones held in the US. One of the few things I find are worthwhile in the US. (hehehe, sorry about my personal opinion, I just can't help it :) )

Will be posting all the official info soon, but this is the basics info you need.

It will be $55 at ticket for the Two day conference (including free camping on site).

The date will be June 25-26 at the Grampians

Hope you can all make it down, more info ASAP.

and for all the Raffle info see;
EGA- 05- Raffle

Just a bit more info on the EGA Fundraiser Raffle

MAIN DRAW: (for all tickets sold)

FIRST PRIZE:(worth $1,060)
"The Scissors!"
Yes, yet again we have the ultimate pair of scissors, worth $700!
(beats paper & rock hands down :wink:
Proudly donated by Excellent Edges

+ EARTHPOD Pack: (see below) $290
+ a Bottle of fine wine/ Martin Williams ~$45
+ 1x Anadenanthera colubrina Plant $20,
1x Leonotis nepetaefolia plant $5

SECOND PRIZE:(worth $340)
EARTHPOD Pack:
{Includes: Essential Grower's Seed Pack, Various Spore Prints & Marquis Reagent/ "Pill/ Spot Tester" $290}
+ 1x Leonotis nepetaefolia plant $5

THIRD PRIZE:(worth $140)
Herbalistics Pack:(kava, buzz powder, lilly extract, sceletium, absinthe essence, wormwood $60)
+ DJ P_Mac's Hyperspatial Chrysalis Album ~$35

4th Prize DVD's (psychedelic genre) Chemical Shaman $100
5th PrizeMusic Pack - CD's (P_Mac)$100
6th PrizeGuruna Plants Pack
1x Anadenanthera colubrina (cebils) Plant $20
3 x Leonotis nepetaefolia's $5

7th PrizeNative Delights -Bottle of Eucalyptus Mead(Michael Bock)

PRESALE TICKET DRAW: (Extra Draw: specifically for all internet and mail order tickets)

PRESALE DRAW PRIZE:(worth $275)
Book: TiKAL - Alexander & Anne Shulgin (Tryptamines I have Know and Loved) $80 (Michael Bock / (Darklight)
+ EARTHPOD Pack: Essential Grower's Seed Pack, Various Spore Prints & Marquis Reagent/ "Pill/ Spot Tester" $290
+ 1x Leonotis nepetaefolia plant $5

Entheogenesis Australis would like to thank all of the donors who have so generously donated to this raffle :)

Status
Not open for further replies.