Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

mixing aropax/paxil & ecstasy & giving up cannabis

feelssogood

Bluelighter
hi guys!
its a little too late now cuz i couldn't remember my password last nite when i wanted to post but i'm still worried. Has anyone taken Aropax (i read its marketed as paxil in the US) 20mg before, and possibly mixed it with ecstasy?

i've never tried paxil before, i used to take zoloft 50mg as a kid which slowly went up to 100mg then i stopped. At the moment i have a bad cannabis habbit which i can stop but i hate the feeling of being so anxious and nervous. i feel like its starting to control me and really starting to hurt my lungs, i also feel like i'm becoming stereotypically sloow. I hated zoloft because of the side effects, however late last nite i took 2x halfs of a pink playstation (rated 9 on pill reports, which i'd have to totally agree) and the feeling it gave reminded me of the way zoloft used to make me feel all the time.

i would talk to a doctor but its not my aropax to begin with. i was orginally goin to wait until i got some replies that its safe, but i've already taken it.

has anyone mixed anti-depressants with ecstasy. i'm hoping with 20mg aropax that i'll get enough of that 'good' feeling not to need cannabis or ecstasy.

i know i'm only trading one drug off for another, but any advice, feedback feel free.
peace

I once tried aropax when grieving, although I found it caused terrible anxiety. I didn't get past the first week.

After 28 years of smoking cannabis, I'm now into my third week of giving up. The anxiety sometimes feels as though it's growing each day. But I'm trying to be philosophical about it, deciding I need to once again teach my body and mind how to deal with this extra awareness. Night times are the worse, but slowly I feel I'm getting there.

Good luck on you journey. I know a girl who at one time was popping 60-80mg of paxil a day and taking heaps of speed and MDMA as well. She was heading for disaster, but couldn't see it. Thankfully, after talking with Spesh and I she decided to chuck it all and now some 3 years later, she's one of the happiest people I know.

Well, I've taken Aropax and it works if you take it as the doctotr ordered. It is not recreational, and will block the effects of e so don'ty bother. To original poster, don't start fucking with your brain when your down, you obviously know very little so speak to your doctor!!! This no criticism, I knew fuck all abiout these substances when I was first put on them, but I've subsequently found out. Don't be foolish, quitting weed is not that hard- ask your DOCTOR/GP for help

Since its an SSRI does that mean it still releases a small amount of dopamine ?? Which might give you a tiny speedy buzz ? I know a girl who took a couple of pills while on Zoloft and she reckons she only had a slight buzz.

Yellow Panda too...wat a waste!!

^ Pretty much. The SSRI would stop the mood-lifting effect of serotonin release by MDMA but maybe some dopamine released would be felt as a mild buzz. Total waste of MDMA though, and IMO if you're on SSRIs it's better to avoid MDMA than stop taking the antidepressants in order to roll.

BT :)

I'm curious as to the effects of an SSRI completely blocking the effects of MDMA.

A good friend of mine (against my advice) has rolled twice now while on Zoloft (Sertraline HCl) and has apparently rolled rather well, despite the SSRI being present in his system (he didn't at any stage refrain from taking his medication, carrying his breakfast zoloft with him at all time to take the following day).
I'm under the impression that any possible effects or lack thereof depend on the concentration of the said SSRI and also of the MDMA present in his bloodstream (equilibrium and all).

He ate 2.5 pills over the course of the night (about 10hours).

Any ideas?

Brilliant.
Thank you there, p_d
Information has been passed onto the source over whom I concern and some interesting reading has been had :)