Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Blue Meanies in Melbourne

Norules

Bluelighter
I've been told 'blue meanie' mushrooms can be found around Melbourne. Some basic info is requested- correct name (genus), dosage, effects, active components, duration or trip, correct season (if there is one) possibly even pictures! This should probably be in Basic Drug Discussion, but this is a question specifically for Aussies/ Melbournians. Cheers

my understanding is that 'blue meanies' refers to panaeolus cyanescens (copelandia cyanescens), which can be found along the east coast of australia. not too sure about melbourne though - as above check out the shroomery for better info

no, im about 90% sure that cyanescens don't grow in australia, but yeah blue meanies = panaeolus cyanescens

I'm not too sure about the panaeolus cyanescens but very sure that psilocybe cyanescens(wavy caps) don't grow here.

Last edited:
Panaeolus cyanescens (blue meanies) are dung-lovers that grow in the warm, humid climates of northern NSW and QLD during summer.

Last edited:
Norules: look for last years "Melboune Mushroom thread" it is about 15 pages long and full of first hand acount of magic mushrooms in Melbourne.... and yes there are pictures and scientific names in it as well.

ive found a few in melb , but the patches ive found are always very small.

well around the gold coast hinterland area they are starting to disappear as its getting out of season. had some mates go hunting just yesterday only to find nothing. only 2 weeks before there were heaps.

AndyzPsylocybes said:
...but very sure that psilocybe cyanescens(wavy caps) don't grow here.
I would beg to differ there. My large patch of Subaeruginosa's contain wavy cap varieties (psilocybe cyanescens), but they only grow in the one spot every year.

http://www.erowid.org/library/books_online/magic_mushrooms_aunz/

Copelandia cyanescens (Berk. & Br.) Singer
Documented Locations: Darwin, Northern Territory, New South Wales, Brisbane, Qld; Coffs Harbour and Sydney, New South Wales, Tasmania; and Auckland, New Zealand.

South Australia
Copelandia cyanescens (Bk. & Br.) Singer

Victoria
Psilocybe semilanceata (Fr.:Secr.) P. Kumm.
Psilocybe subaeruginosa Cleland.
Panaeolus ater (Lange) Kuhner & Romagnesi ex Bon.
Gymnopilus purpuratus (Cooke & Masse) Sin