Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Do pills affect your skin?

lardlardlard

Bluelighter
I have noticed that since beginning the use of pills, particularly after a binge, my skin has turned to shit.

I do not really suffer from sleep deprivation etc. maybe only for a day or 2 before I am back to my regular pattern.

My mild acne scarring has reddened and I get the occasional few pimples which is more than normal.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Pills make you sweat more. Sweat makes your skin yukky. You probably don't show as much during binges? Sleep refreshes you? Put em all together and your skin probably would feel very nice.

I'm not sure where I read this, but it was something along the lines of sleep deprivation causes your body to secrete ammonia through the skin. Since reading it I've always attributed this to be the main cause of "chemy sweat" after a big night on drugs. When I have some time I'll try and find a source for this.

Yeh i get the same thing, the only time i ever get a pimple is after being on chems. Personally it doen't bother as i only do them once every month or less and my skin usually clears up in 3-4 days. My suggestion is to shower as soon as you get home and keep your face clean, i find a soap alternative wash (Cetaphil) works best.

Do you drink enough water? even after you've comedown.
I use plenty of supplements to help keep my body / mind in shape when using drugs, A good one for the skin as well as your brain would be something like Omega-3 fish oils.
Also, make sure you shower before crawling into bed at the end of the night and clean your skin, i know plenty of people who dont bother to shower till they wake up.
The next best thing, try to spend your comedown the next day out in the sunshine, does wonders for your complexion.

lostNfound said:
Also, make sure you shower before crawling into bed at the end of the night and clean your skin, i know plenty of people who dont bother to shower till they wake up.

The thought of going straight to bed after an all-nighter on pills without showering is so gross it doesn't bear contemplation.

The things I most look forward to when I get home are the sensation of the electric toothbrush and the tingling of toothpaste in my mouth; the almost orgasmic feeling of warm water from the shower running over my skin; the feel of freshly laundered sheets against bare skin when I get into bed ... and then lots of cuddles ... hehe =D

Despite all of the above ... my skin still breaks out like a bitch a week later tho :(

^^ and you can smell the water too! :D

yer my skin gets very bad too. especially after being on speed. shower before bed, and as stated above, try and get some sunlight onto your face that next day. i usually go out for a skate or something....

As retarted as this may sound given the circumstances I find the opposite happens to me. I more or less always have a bit of acne, after a binge (usually 2 - 3 nights) I find my skin clears up substantially. The only thing I can put it down to is the huge increase in water consumption.

yeah i agree, my skin is good after a day or two on pills. I think it might have something to do with not being stressed. Although a night out on speed and the next day i break out.

I've gotten skin irritations from smoking meth before, itchiness, hardenedd skin etc. Kinda off topic i guess.

[Edit: Flame deleted. Please try to post more helpfully in future. BigTrancer]

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, my acne used to really flare up whenever I used to speed/ meth and would generally be worse after MDMA as well. My other scaring (keloid) always used to flare up with speed use as well (an altogether barrel of fun - part of the reason i don't do speed anymore. :\ If you've had acne, as opposed to the odd pimple outbreak, you'll know how 'clean' you keep your skin often has nothing to do with how it behaves. 8(

Aside from supplements (I found zinc to be pretty helpful), eating well, learning to mediate (don't laugh it made a HUGE impact on my skin) I've use cortizone cream to great success when my skin used to go awol after indulging in the chems.

Don't just use any old cortizone cream (as many are too strong to use on your face) and you may need a presciption (from memory mine was dissoven). But I do remember it worked a treat - even against Roaccutaine resistant, hormonal acne =D

I suffer from pretty dry skin normally and I find that taking pills imporves my complexion substantially. It seems to improve my circulation and the sweat is good for my face :)

Of course, I don't do that sort of thing anymore :|

I think it's because of the sweat when you dance while on pills, that combined with the smoky / bacteria ridden club environment can't be that good for your skin.

I think my skin overall improved after starting doing pills regularly. As funny/gross as it sounds I've developed a habit where after a big night and a shower I stands in front of a mirror and squeeze every pore on my cheeks/chin/nose until all the whiteheads are gone. It's sorta like a game to see how much whiteheads I could squeeze out. 8o

I often break out in lots (like more than 10) of those really small pimples with the pusey heads after a big night on the bickies. There annoying, but all I have to do is get a hot fash washer on them and the heads go away so they don't look as gross. I think it mainly has to do with sweating alot, because I only get them if I've been dancing up a storm. I find mouth and tongue ulcers and shredded tongue to be a more troubling repercusion of a big night on pills

ive always imagined it to be a combination of sweating and the drug weaking your natural immune system. i suggest taking plenty of vitamins beforehand and things like eccenacia (sp?). and as lost and found said... wash your skin as soon as you get a chance :)

my bf always breaks out in that area above your nose between eyes....I am sure there is a correct term for this spot...........but anyway its the only time he gets clusters of pimples...strange

Um...just a thought but I have actually been told that pimples are often caused and substantially worsened by actually touching the skin on your face with your fingers/palms. It does seem to considerably worsen any pimples that might be coming through if im touching my face a lot.

I also find that I tend to touch my face a HELL of a lot when pilling...rubbing eyes, wiping sweat off face, constantly sorta massaging my cheeks and just doing weird random shit.

Perhaps this fact could be related too?