PDA

View Full Version : Busted

Pages : [1] 2

1_2_3_4_5_against_1
19-03-2005, 06:17
Recently i had a trip to melbourne to stay with a couple of mates (I'm from tas), and after a weekend full of crazy partying i had about 4 grams of bud left. I had just purchased the bud, not realising that my return flight was due to leave, and was left feeling paranoid due to the fact that i wanted to take the bud with me, but was worried that i may get caught with it. After some paranoid deliberation, me and my mate decided that it would be best to duct tape the bag up, in an attempt to mask any smell. once taped, the scammy was about the size of a permanent marker, but fatter. I decided to sit the package under my toothbrush inside my toothbrush holder, which inturn was placed in a duffell bag inside my main bag. Once i was at the airport i started hearing my name being called over the PA system, as i was late for my flight. Vague, a little nauceous and feeling pretty fucken shitty, i ran round the airport like a friggin mad man trying to find the right terminal. Once there, i was too late to put my bag through the normal procedure, as everyone was already waiting on the plane, so my bag was put through the x - ray scanner thing that you put your wallet, keys etc in. The bag went through, and i nervously watched the monitor screen, to see if anything came up. A young dude, prolly 24 or 25, came up to me and said that i had to open my bag up. Unberknown to me, there was an open deoderant can in there (it somehow got packed away with my stuff, but was actually a mates, so i didn't realise it was there. The dude started searching through my bag, saying there was a can in there. To my knowledge there wasn't, so i started to feel a little paniky. I told him that the only thing i had close to a can, was a roll on stick and i showed him that. He then precedded to search my duffel bag, and inturn came across my wicked hiding spot for my bud 8) he opened the toothbrush holder and pulled the sticky taped bag out from under the toothbrush! He looked at the taped up buds, looked queringly at me and then looked back at the buds.he seemed to think about it for a couple of seconds and then said, "nah that's not it mate, you have a can in here somewhere just keep looking." he then enatly placed them back where i had hid them .A cresendo of panic followed by stupid relief hit me and we finally found the fucking can. I couldn't beleive that he didn't even question me on the contents, or even try to open them up. The bud could have been anything, and i just thought that someone was smiling on me that day, cause for a moment i thought i was well and truley fucked. Suffice to say the bud smoked up beautifully and i definately will rethink "smuggling" anything on a plane in the near future. Sorry This is so long winded, but i just thought it was an interesting story, and one that definately spun me out.

waspman⌐
19-03-2005, 07:36
a 'friend of a blah blah blah neighbours dog etc" took 4 pills on a flight from syd to melbourne about a year ago. he was crazy tense about it. the flight got delayed an hour so he got as drunk as he could in that space of time and forgot all about it, was totally relaxed and then kept drinking on the short flight to melbourne. walked outta there easy as. probably woudnt do it again though.

asshatjoe
19-03-2005, 08:02
yo you guys never heard that the mail system is better?? here we not responsible for the mail we recieve because we can heve no controll over what others send to us. so we mail shit all over the place.lol

req.

Fry-d-
19-03-2005, 08:56
You were bloody lucky there, but is 4 grams of weed really worth that risk?

I would have given it to my friends as a parting gift rather than risk smuggling such an insignificant amount of weed and risk getting caught with it.

You can take put breaks in your story might make it easier to read, rather than trying to tell someone a whole story without stopping for air ;)

yo you guys never heard that the mail system is better?? here we not responsible for the mail we recieve because we can heve no controll over what others send to us. so we mail shit all over the place.lol

I'm not sure that is true, if a package of drugs is mailed to your address I imagine you would be held responsible for it if caught with it.

I personnally would doubt the 'nah officer those drugs aint mine' defence would hold much ground in court.

dialated665
19-03-2005, 09:03
^^^^^^^^^^ well said !

and dude you should buy a lotto ticket ! seen as tho you was lucky enough to smuggle that....

charlesbronson
19-03-2005, 09:15
^^^(Fry-d-) But you'd think if that were the case, then people would just send someone illegal shit in the mail until the authorities caught on and the recipient copped the flak! It's a good way to discredit someone....if you're creative.

hehe pretty uneconomical way to give someone grief though... I wish I had enemies who would come up with an awful scam like that to get me ;)

But on a serious note, I think that if the package were mailed to a certain address, especially without the name of the resident of the address written on it, it would be quite difficult for authorities to incriminate a resident who claimed ignorance.

Although if that is the case, it does seem a little too easy to get away with an intercepted drug mailing attempt....I wonder if/how authorities close the loophole.

swifty
19-03-2005, 09:36
It'd be pretty easy for cops to frame someone they didn't have much on that way too...

Just post the eveidence to him and rock up with the mailman.

aunty establishment
19-03-2005, 14:40
Normally I'd pay out on you for this but it certainly sounds like you learned your lesson. You are a lucky guy! I guess 4 grams of buds wasn't worth all the paperwork and BS they'd have to go through to book you.

MaDMAn_Project
19-03-2005, 15:30
That's one to tell the grandkids you are one lucky fucker. If that security guy had been a cunt you would've had a very intimate customs officer story to tell.

MaXaM
19-03-2005, 15:53
Count your stars mate. What an intense rush it would have been too.

:D

1_2_3_4_5_against_1
20-03-2005, 06:24
Yeah you guys are definately right.....4 grams isn't really worth the risk, but hey it was mutha hydro and it's not the sorta shit i normally see down here in taswegia so I just couldn't help myself

And you're right MaXaM it was fucking intense, he only had to look at me with my dilated pupils and sweat pouring out like a tap to nab me but i guess i probably got the one guy who didn't give a fuck

highflyer
20-03-2005, 08:10
Customs guys get me nervous even when I'm not doing anything wrong... "Yes... umm I mean no... I mean yes..."

As for the mail, I was in Canada on a Ski hill, and the people there that dealt shrooms, got it sent to them each week.

I guess if they are going to catch you with the mail, (big doses), they would let the first one go maybe, then wait for a second which would be quite incriminating, or enough to have someone watching you closely.

my innerself
20-03-2005, 16:24
holy shit, I would have shit my pants. I think the security guy must have liked you or something.

I once carried 2 grams of wickedly smelly hydros on a plane flight from Syd to Perth (3 years ago). I had the plastic bag in my shorts pocket the whole time. I was paranoid as fuck because I could clearly smell it the whole time I was on board. In case of an emergancy I was just going to eat the weed (in the toilets) or just ditch it on the ground and play dumb.

Nice Tits
21-03-2005, 15:00
Some australian mail gets scanned. I have no idea if the mail needs to meet some set standard to be scanned (i.e. size, weight, distance sent etc) but a mate of mine sent some sugar powder via the post to a friend to 'see what would happen'. The letter arrived with a label on it similar to a customs label saying that a sample of the powder had been taken and tested.

Nice Tits

notneo
21-03-2005, 15:34
How did he send the powder?

Nice Tits
22-03-2005, 06:46
In an envelope of some kind. Whether it was contained in a sealy bag or just pored in I'm also unsure of.

Its probably a little misleading of me to write my post in a way that sounds as though I'm talking 100% facts. I never saw it happen and wasn't involved however my friend did tell me about it and it was my friend that did it. So it's a second hand anecdotal report. As a result I do not know details.

Nice Tits

Zhyr
22-03-2005, 07:16
^^^^^^ could have been tested due to the whole terrorist thing of sending anthrax etc

Nice Tits
22-03-2005, 15:57
He sent this stuff long before that - I'd say he did it in '99 maybe 2000 if my memory serves me.

AndyzPsylocybes
23-03-2005, 06:39
very lucky, if i was going to bring buds with me domestically, i would seriously put it in my pocket... everytime i've flown domestically i've had nothing that could turn me off doing this...

takeAIM
23-03-2005, 14:01
My mate and I weren't sure if we should risk taking some pills and speed up to QLD.
Decided against it, which is just as well as I was randomly chosen for a search with those vacuum type machines that can detect drugs and other substances.

perthuser
08-05-2005, 07:35
anyone know if salvia would be possible to send into australia by post safely

psycosynthesis
08-05-2005, 08:33
I smuggled about a gram of homegrown from Newcastle to Melbourne, was really nervous but got away with it. I don't think I'll try anything like that again, I was very edgy and paranoid the whole flight.

Dr_Evil
08-05-2005, 08:46
I have a friend who works in airport security at the domestic terminal. I am pretty sure she told me that if stuff is found on you on in your bag or whatever that they can't really do anything about it. If it was a customs officer then it would be a different story, but I dont think customs mans the security gates at domestic airports, atleast not here in Brisbane. However if you manage to get past airport security with your stuff your greatest threat would then be sniffer dogs or something. And the sniffer dog presence in domestic airports these days is increasing.

stulic
08-05-2005, 11:00
Originally posted by perthuser
No way mate customs open every single package from overseas but really every single one.

Immortal Teknique
08-05-2005, 11:14
Originally posted by perthuser

I have already tried. $80 worth of salvia extracts got held up at customs. Never saw any of it :(

Back on topic, IMO the best place to carry drugs is on you (unless of course the airport is swarming with sniffer dogs.) About a year ago i smuggled 15 pills from Melbourne to Adelaide and i put them in a baggy, and duct taped them to my leg just below the groin. Worked a treat.....

TheYellowDart
08-05-2005, 11:49
Originally posted by Immortal Teknique
Back on topic, IMO the best place to carry drugs is on you (unless of course the airport is swarming with sniffer dogs.)

I'm going to have to disagree with you there. While it may be the best place in terms of initial detection, once you've been found out it's going to be MUCH harder to argue in court that the drugs aren't yours if they're taped to your leg rather than in your luggage.

Immortal Teknique
08-05-2005, 12:40
Yeah true that ^^ but im saying it on the assumption that you do not get caught, because IMO there is alot less chance of them finding it on your body rather than in your luggage....

dialated665
08-05-2005, 13:12
Just got back from my holiday in bali,

Whilst over there we tryed some EPODRIENE. and yea it was crap !

Anyways my friends friend whom tagged along had accidently misplaceded a tube of Epodriene in her case a few days before we left, i told her to totally unpack her bags and find it, because the consequences would be BAD, if it wasn't found.

She never found it and just thought she must of misplaced it somewhere else, i told her she will get fucked over if its in her case, but yea..

We arrived at the airport, as soon as we got of the plane my friend went to the toilet, i was waiting outside for her when i notice the Customs sharks were checking me out.

when i handed over my passport and arrival card in, fuck did i get asked the stupidest questions...

What do you do in australia ?
Why did you go to bali ?
So you went to bail for a holiday ?
How did you get to perth airport ?
How much was you holiday ?

and the list goes on....

Then i had stuff to declare so i went to the RED que, then a customs guy said are yous all together, so he took us to the opposite end of the customs/quarinteen search area... we had to put our bags through a X-ray machine.

i put my bag through.... it was OK... then my friend... hers was OK... then my friends friend... NO they said stop that bag......

Then it was ON... they took all of us to separate search counters and totally searched every nook and cranny of our bags, clothes, undies ( dirty undies too MWHAHAHA ) wallets, inspected our passports, interrogated us, asked us the same quwestions over and over in different words....

Read both my friends there rights, they never did that to me coz i had nothing to hide. I had one dude questioning me and one dude eyeballing me, so fucking intimidating.

Anywayz all that was found was a tube with 14 epohodriene tablets in it.
My friends friend whos bag it was found in was given a seisure notice.. and now has probs been black listed for the next time she travels abroard...

MORAL OF STORY
when traveling to a country where a substance like EPODRIENE is legal, make sure you haven't misplaced some in your luggage before leaving.

OR don't take a stupid person who has no idea :\

Shnouzerpuff
08-05-2005, 14:58
^^ damn dude..

Curious question folks - what would be the repercussions if someone was caught bringing back a bag full of 10mg Valium's?

Probably about 150 of them total or so.

shorza
08-05-2005, 15:54
dialated665: Do you mean EPHEDRINE??

dialated665
08-05-2005, 15:58
^^^^ yea EPHEDRIENE..
the BL spell check didnt recongnize that mistake ?

*=Regulator=*
08-05-2005, 16:47
One of my mates had a big smoke up before boarding a flight from London to Sydney. When he arrived in Sydney he got tested by the vacuum cleaner type device which showed up traces of marijuana. He was then given a full body cavity search, had ALL his possessions completely searched and then let go.

Needless to say, it wasn't a pleasant experince for him. But it got me to thinking, how fucked would it be to be the cop that has to sit at the airport and stick their hands up peoples arses all day? That would seriously be the worst job on earth :)

shorza
08-05-2005, 17:19
^^^
Oh, i don't know.

:)

MoonlapseVertigo
08-05-2005, 21:12
A while ago I was going to a big event in sydney with two other friends. All of us had half a dozen or so pills on us, which we'd hidden on our body, as well as taken efforts to hide the smell.

As we got out of the train station near the where the event was being held, there were cops and dogs everywhere. A few dogs and half a dozen cops saw us (We looked fairly dodgy) and started walking towards us. We'd never been sniffed with stuff on us before, so the nerves were kicking in. Just before they got to us, a guy to our left, who a cop was searching, made a break for it. After a shout every single cop and dog there was after him, ignoring us. We snuck away as they chashed this poor guy down and nailed him.

Thanks random guy.

amphibilorous
09-05-2005, 03:02
^^^^
I also take my hat of to that random guy. He must have a damn good karma rating.

Originally posted by Shnouzerpuff
^^ damn dude..

Curious question folks - what would be the repercussions if someone was caught bringing back a bag full of 10mg Valium's?

Probably about 150 of them total or so.

Unless you have a prescription for the pills in your name then you still get done for trafficking "i think", because they are schedule 4 over here.

deeCee
09-05-2005, 12:09
I dont think the guy could prolly be fucked with the paper work involved... And the being late for a flight prolly helped too. Wouldnt gamble again tho.. The next guy could have too much time on his hands.

Shnouzerpuff
09-05-2005, 16:33
Originally posted by amphibilorous
Unless you have a prescription for the pills in your name then you still get done for trafficking "i think", because they are schedule 4 over here.

Then "hypothetically of course" I was very fucking lucky.

but of course it never happened.

kemicalsista
09-05-2005, 17:22
sorry this might sound like a real stupid question but the xray at the airport for hand luggage, what does it actually show and what r they looking for?

MoeBro
09-05-2005, 17:41
I'd say its sensitive enough to show differences in material densities (plastics, metals (obviously) and perhaps thick paper), but theyd be primarily searching for metallic weapons and/or discrepancies in the luggage itself, which would be a giveaway to a hidden compartment.

I always try to take a peek at the screen and get an idea of what they get to see. Wouldn't really make a difference seeing as they're trained to pick shit up and I'm not...

BigTrancer
10-05-2005, 01:44
They don't even have to be particularly well trained, the machines have a pseudo-colour display for the X-ray images, which is coded so that objects having densities in particular ranges stand out in contrasting colours.

BigTrancer :)

phatwithapkoolwithak
10-05-2005, 04:09
For example:

http://www.feelsafer.com/925screen.jpg

Images are shown in colors that are based on individual Item density and thickness. Red represents very dense Items and orange indicates lighter materials, green represents relative high densities.
http://www.feelsafer.com/dyna910.html

Red=Handgun

dialated665
10-05-2005, 13:22
Yeah when our shit got X-rayed..

it was wierd because every other time ive been oversea's ive never seen them X-ray my baggage once you have picked it up off the carosel....

this time however we were singled out and taken to the far end of the baggage check and had our shit X-rayed AGAIN....

Yea they definatly knew what they were looking for, because as soon as the bag with the ACCIDENTLY MISPLACED ephodriene tube in it passed through the X-ray, it was stopped and searched, the Tube was found instantly too.....

I always watch the bag's get X-rayed... when i can..

tho the resilution of the screens and the definition of the picture is far greater than the above pic

great pic tho !

Fuzzi_Blu
10-05-2005, 23:05
Yeah i agree, 2 all u lucky ducks out there good on you! :D And also how many layers of baggies or gladwrap would it take for sniffer dogs to not sniff it out?

LittleBoyLost
11-05-2005, 06:00
Originally posted by MoonlapseVertigo
A while ago I was going to a big event in sydney with two other friends. All of us had half a dozen or so pills on us, which we'd hidden on our body, as well as taken efforts to hide the smell.

As we got out of the train station near the where the event was being held, there were cops and dogs everywhere. A few dogs and half a dozen cops saw us (We looked fairly dodgy) and started walking towards us. We'd never been sniffed with stuff on us before, so the nerves were kicking in. Just before they got to us, a guy to our left, who a cop was searching, made a break for it. After a shout every single cop and dog there was after him, ignoring us. We snuck away as they chashed this poor guy down and nailed him.

Thanks random guy.

^^ That made me chuckle :D

kemicalsista
11-05-2005, 10:25
so if i had, say, 10 pills hidden inside a roll on deoderant bottle would they see that in the x-ray at the airport?

xcidium
11-05-2005, 11:15
^^ i wouldn't even risk it.
10 pills :\

Not worth it IMO.

phase_dancer
11-05-2005, 12:19
so if i had, say, 10 pills hidden inside a roll on deoderant bottle would they see that in the x-ray at the airport?

For what it's worth, I recently boarded a domestic flight from a small city airport in central Qld, where customs officers were checking bags with the x-ray machine. The stapler in my bag must have looked somewhat odd, as the bag was put through again and the guy studied it in some detail before it was handed back to me.

But more to my surprise, a sharply dressed lady was also randomly checking passengers with an ion scanner. I saw a couple of bags emptied, but no-one taken away. What was impressive [?] was just how fast she got results and had the scanner reset for the next vac & test. If I wasn't such a happily married man, I'd have skipped my flight and asked the lovely operator out for an informative lunch ;)

Seriously though, if I was you I wouldn't even think of it. Trying to hide something or make it appear as something else will likely stand out like dogs balls. Pills are Pills, that's what they look like.

dialated665
11-05-2005, 13:38
Originally posted by kemicalsista

Dude not worth it... yea im pretty sure it would show up on the monitor... the detail, definition and resolution, is very good on the X-ray Machines... also Australia has the best border security in the world...

Due to all the Drug busts going on in Aus and to do with Aussies.. Customs seem to be on High Alert ! especially to the way we were treated coming HOME !!!

Must of been the piercings, not having a shave for 3 days, the flip flops and bali clothing, and the general IM SO TYRED " im on drugs" look on my face, my age.. witch gave them the reasonable suspison to search us... ? ( probally not ? )

Ha ha... when i was being searched, i said to the customs guy that it reminded me of that show on TV "Border Security"... he was all like Why's that ? and started a whole new line of Questions regarding that TV show..

Dickhead...

Sllip
11-05-2005, 14:00
Haven't you guys learnt anything? Your supposed to put your stuff in someone elses bag.

speedygonzales
11-05-2005, 14:33
Originally posted by *=Regulator=*
One of my mates had a big smoke up before boarding a flight from London to Sydney. When he arrived in Sydney he got tested by the vacuum cleaner type device which showed up traces of marijuana. He was then given a full body cavity search, had ALL his possessions completely searched and then let go.

Needless to say, it wasn't a pleasant experince for him. But it got me to thinking, how fucked would it be to be the cop that has to sit at the airport and stick their hands up peoples arses all day? That would seriously be the worst job on earth :)

not realy you get to harress people you get to act tuff to people and there nothing they can to but take it though they might get bored after a while