Sting in DC

showtime

Bluelighter
I was just wondering how many of you bluelighters out there have been to or frequent Sting (formerly Buzz) in our illustrious nation's capital. Just wondering.
------------------
-Showtime

Never been to Sting, but my brother is head of operations at Nations, and I'm goin to see 311 there on the 6th. peace

My friend goes to sting all the time.... she says it's phat as hell... haven't made it there yet but Engage is coming and so am I....

I cant believe more people here dont goto sting? I go there 2 to 3 times a month. Cant wait for PVD next friday though.
------------------
Dickey420 (aim)

i got to sting pretty often and it is a very hip place to be. i also go to sub-urban space alot too and i just got done with engage this weekend. it was totally phat. hopefully i'll see some of you guys downtown.
Nick

Hey to you guys that go to Sting often, maybe you know my man. He is a tall white guy, slim dark hair and can MOVE! Dances liquid like no other. His name is Tony but most people call him Prince. Does it ring a bell? Just wondering if my people know you're people cuz it's such a small world!!!!
Peaches!
------------------
~Tara Luv~ <3

Hey,
I'm in NYC but i'll be going down to visit a friend in VA/DC area. We will be going to sting to check out Van Dyk.
Is anyone planning a bluelight meetup?
PLUR ALWAYS,
------------------
Buzzin
DrgnFly
""""""""""qp"""""""""""
*****BEAN me up Scotty*****

Yeah, Me and my crew go to sting somewhat regularly. It's a phat club that doesn't have the usual club vibe. More of a rave-like vibe. Everyone is friendly and cool. if you haven't been, and you live in the MD/DC/VA area, I'd highly recommend going.
PLUR...and all that God sent good stuff...
Chipmunk

I also go to Sting (part of Chipmunk's crew) and I really like the place. A pretty big venue with a great sound system where you really feel the music and cool people. Unfortunately it doesn't look like I will be at Sting for PVD but I will be there the following weekend which is the 10th for AK1200 and Kimball Collins. To all of you who are going this coming weekend for PVD have fun for me too. Oh and if anyone thinks or knows that they are going on the 10th let me know and maybe we can have a bluelight meetup! One final note... Engage was the shiznit!!!
hasta ma pasta
PLUR forever
Stx
Mind, Body, and Soul... let it roll, let it roll

For all you guys who dont know much about sting here's a little info about it...
Sting usta be called buzz, buzz has been around for a couple of years, buzz is owned by dj scott henry who also owns fever in baltimore. At one time buzz was THE place to roll. A laid back atmosphere and one of the best venues at nation helped to support this.
Then came Fox 5 10 o'clock news. Buzz was aired on tv where undercover cameramen showed people on drugs as well as dealers.
This caused Buzz to be closed for several months
Then one fine day, buzz reopened. Same venue, different atmosphere. All of a sudden hints of undercover pigs were everywhere. They made many new rules, no breaking circles, no sitting down on the dance floor, and nothing could be stuck in your mouth. They perform almost a full cavity search when you get in and you must be 19 years old.
I encourage you all to see PVD spin friday. Who knows when he'll be back. For questions or directions email me or email buzz at [email protected] or 202-5541500
Hope to see you at nation!
peace

Chickybaby...Sting is located in SE DC.....Right off of S. Capital Street...on the corner of Half St. and another street(can't remember which at the moment) If you need directions, let me know from where and I'll get em for you.
Chipmunk

Just wanted to know if anyone is planning on meeting up...
------------------
Buzzin
DrgnFly
""""""""""qp"""""""""""
*****BEAN me up Scotty*****

Chipmunk,
I think I know where it is. I have never been there and might be there on Friday. We have some friends from NYC that might be coming down just to see PVD spin. We saw Sasha and Digweed with them last weekend at Twilo in NYC. It was incredible. Is Sting pretty laid back??

chickybaby,
Since they got busted, it's been a little more strict.......more bouncers inside and sometimes a heavy patdown at the door, but it's a good place to roll at.....as long as you're careful. Hope you guys have a good time......
Chipmunk