Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Syd - REVIEWS Utopia - 23rd April - The Dome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zandesh

Bluelighter
Syd - Utopia 10th B-day - 23rd April - The Dome

Seeing as that other guy didn't put up a proper event thread for it, I decided to make one myself (Also, I wanted to be the first to make it. I hope it's alright)

Oh yes, Utopia is here! Who can resist this event, with a line up like this?

KAI TRACID
DJ LUNA
ROBBIE LONG
MALLORCA LEE & DAVID FORBES (Ultrasonic/Public Domain)
THE PROPHET
LADY DANA
DJ AMS

How can people not want to see The Prophet and Lady Dana?

Local Lineup :

NIK FISH / NERVOUS / FENIX / WEAVER / MATRIX / SUAE / YOSHI / TEAM ROCKET / AMBER SAVAGE / CHESTER / SPELLBOUND / FLIPSIDE / PHASE ONE / TOM-E / SCAPE / DUCKIE / MARCOS DAVE PSI / QT / REFLUX / NEO TENG / PH / RITUAL / ELROY / Q45 / MATT / KAYLA / MC LOSTY / MC DESTINY / MC D-TEK

Venue :

I can't comment on how good the venue is, as I've never been there before.

The venue is at The Dome, Sydney Showground. It can comfortably fit 10000 people.

A little snippet from the website :

So what can we do with such a large main arena, well its our 10th Birthday so you’ve gotta be thinking we’re going to pull out all the stops to bring together the absolute best production, the biggest lasers, the loudest sound and the most colour lights. We are once again bringing in the creative team from BLM Productions who will be installing and operating enough equipment to fill a couple of semi trailers. Just imagine a giant
circular stadium filled to overflowing with giant multi head full colour laser systems, slamming through the venue with beams and sheets of laser light. Powerful moving heads of light disperse the wildest rainbow of colours throughout the pulsating crowd, while goliath size speaker stacks rumble and vibrate and send shivers down your spine.

There will be wild performers, on site cloak room, security, chill out area, on site cloak room and whatever else you'll expect from an event like this.

Tickets :

Early Bird tickets are priced at $55, and can only be purchased from the powerhouse website (link at the bottom)

Regular Tickets are priced at $65 dollars. (Possibly only the first release tickets, but it doesn't say on the website)

Ticket outlets :

Ticketek Outlets Australia Wide: 02 9266 4800
Moshtix Phone Charge: 02 9209 4614
Central Station Records(Darlinghurst) 02 9361 5222
One Stop(Darlinghurst) 02 9283 5581
Ten Seconds Down(Chatswood) 02 9411 5575
Plaza Records(Penrith) 02 47210365
Mall Music(Brookvale) 02 99056966
Castle Records(Castle Hill) 02 9889 7347
Sandlia Records(Liverpool) 02 9602 1320
MJays(Fairfield) 02 9727 3621
Soundgarden(Hurstville) 02 9579 2129
Jolly Rogers(Cronulla) 02 9523 0303
Fish Records(Balmain). 02 9810 8421
Fish Records(Bondi Junction) 02 9388 9641
Fish Records(Glebe) 02 9692 0480
Fish Records(Newtown) 02 9557 3074
Electric Monkeys(Bondi) 02 9365 6955
Red Eye Records(City) 02 9299 4233

It's a 16 and over recommended event, and the alcohol can only be obtained with appropiate ID.

http://www.powerhouseproductions.com.au

I believe that covers it all.

Now, I plan this will be the biggest rave for me yet. As it will be the last rave for me in Australia! It's also going to be my "farewell party", as I won't see my mates afterwards.

I'm hoping for a meetup of some sort.

Now who's going to be there?

Are you ready to party your ass off?!

Haha...sorry...that was me on the other thread....whoops....

I'm soooooo keen for Utopia :D

Re: Syd - Utopia 10th B-day - 23rd April - The Dome

Zandesh said:
How can people not want to see The Prophet and Lady Dana?

If only Melbourne promoters thought the same way :(

You guys are so lucky! :\

Re: Syd - Utopia 10th B-day - 23rd April - The Dome

Zandesh said:
Venue :

I can't comment on how good the venue is, as I've never been there before.

The venue is at The Dome, Sydney Showground. It can comfortably fit 10000 people.

It's basically the Big Day Out boiler room....only been to one utopia there, and that was many moons ago. Doesn't compare to the superdome though.

I'm sick of the Superdome. And it does outclass the Dome. Still, the Showgrounds is one venue Uncle Sid hasn't killed for me yet so I might actually go to this.

39 days to go!!

I sooo can't wait for it.

If you see a semi dark skinned guy at the very front dancing strangelly and going nuts. That would be me :) :)

Finally my hardstyle kings come to Australia!!! anyone who went to Utopia 9th bday last year april, will know how fucking good The Prophet is, or will anyone who downloads qlimax sets ;)... ah it's a fucking awesome lineup, shame no technoboy, king of hardstyle in my eyes, but he and zany are touring Australia soon!(july for technoboy, not sure for zany)

Dana and the prophet...

Can you imagine them doing sets back to back? 8o

That would truly be heaven..

another thing, i am SO glad it's in the dome other than the superdome! had enough of that place, this event will fucking go off!

im down for kai, luna & prophet over dana :p but she comes close after dat with public/ultrasonic(these guys rocked last year!!)

okok hardstyle tracks i hope that get played:

Tuneboy - Sexbusters(technoboy remix)
Tuneboy - Demolition(technoboy remix)
Tuneboy - Dirty(DJ stardust remix) - matrix might play this ;)
Speedwave - Junior(First Switch Mix)
Ricky T - Generation T(hardstyle mix)
Speedwave - The Hardstyle Factory (Hardwave Mix)
Hardstyle Guru - Rock It Now (Orginal Mix)
DJ Zany - House Muzik
DJ Zany - Pilzz
just to name a few....

Luna's a definate garenteed awesome set too! worlds biggest hardstyle dj ... looking forward to hearing the HARD fucking sounds of kai tracid playing that 'kai-trance' :) and i'd expect pretty much hardcore from dana, havnt heard much hardstyle from her lately, but the prophet - expect fucking top notch thumping hardstyle at its best! :p

Last edited:
I love the superdome..although I've only been to 2 events there.

The Dome should be interesting for me, as it's the first time.

Then again...I'll be in front of everyone and not giving a shit, and dancing my heart away!!

{Edit. Del off topic post}

Last edited by a moderator:
{Edit. Del off topic post}

Last edited by a moderator:
keep this on topic please guys.

the above four posts arent to do with Utopia.

Status
Not open for further replies.