• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

tackling the smaller issues.... how many times can you wear a shirt before u wash it?

muzby

Bluelighter
for me, i always like my clothes clean...

so i generally put them in the wash after wearing them once...

but some of my friends go by the "sniff" test...

others have set rules "twice and then the wash"...

so what about others?

With shirts/tops, I generally always wash them before wearing them again. I wouldn't even think of going out in a top that hadn't been washed after wear! Around the house/ up to the local shops, I'd wear a top that hadn't been washed though (assuming it smelt aiiight ;)).

My pants will get a bit more mileage - I'm happy to wear my jeans/pants out up to 3-4 times as long as they're not dirty (obviously). Still though, if they can make the wash - why not?

ONCE!

Shirts, undies.... definitely only once.

Bras... 3-4 days.

Jeans.... several times, unless they get particularly dirty. Same with jumpers.

Really, anything that has direct contact with your crotch or armpits needs to be washed after each wear. That's my philosophy anyway......

Tshirts only go on once. I have enough of the fuckers to do it for an extended period of time and I don't normally do my own washing so thats cool.

Jeans stay on for extended periods of time (up to 5 or so days), other pants tend to get washing more frequently (two or three uses).

Jeans are an indefinite period of time - they rarely get dirty as such so it's more a matter of when they get too baggy and I need to wash them to shrink them down to size again.

Shirts just the once except under extenuating circumstances [ie washing machine breaking down] and then my shirts will be subject to the sniff test.

Strawberry_lovemuffin said:
ONCE!

Shirts, undies.... definitely only once.

Bras... 3-4 days.

Jeans.... several times, unless they get particularly dirty. Same with jumpers.

Really, anything that has direct contact with your crotch or armpits needs to be washed after each wear. That's my philosophy anyway......

Just like me :) Hubbie tries to do the sniff test on his shirts, but I won't let him get away with it. Somehow guys can't smell themselves until they get really rank. I smuggle his shirts into the laundry and he has to get a new one out of the closet.

id say its the same with most.
it depends on where your going, if youre only going up the road and back to the store a shirts thats a couple days old doesnt matter so long as it looks clean and doesnt smell.

jeans can go a week.
if i were them to a club though and they stink of cigarettes, off to the washing machine.
i refuse to wear clothes that smell of durries form the night before.
its all relative to the time, place and situation on where youll be going in said clothes.

id agree with what most have said here
Underwear: once
Shirts: Once ( unless u have no other options then twice can be looked at as ok ( providing its not covered in last nights pasta or its ur roll in the mud shirt )
Jeans/Long Pants: Depending how dirty they are and what they where used for. so from 5-1 times.
Jumper/Jackets: ^same

if you can't hide the smell with deodarant, then it's time to wash

If you're not planning on leaving the house. Then you can get away with the same shirt until the yellow sweat stains come through if it's white or the coloured dye starts to fade under the arms if it's coloured.

If you're leaving the house or know that other people are coming over. It's like a condom, use, then wash before reuse.

As often as I can until it makes it's own way to the washing machine out of disgust.

j/k

ONCE

As I am living in the tropics... once is probably good idea, as the humidity can make you sweat a bit. and smell your shirts/clothes... I go by the "sniff test" most of the times.

But if I been out pub or clubbing or whatever where there's lots of smokers... straight away in the following morning, the smell is pretty over-powering sometimes of tobacco.

i'm not too stressed: if my t-shirts are smelly then i'll wash them, but otherwise i don't really care. i've been known to wear jeans for months on end on the odd occasion. perhaps that's why people cross the street near me? ;)

shirts i go out in, generally are clean. ones i just bum around in my room with, usually get atleast afew days wear :)

i'm like up all night when it comes to jeans.
If they get to stretched and they need to be washed then that is the definite point of washing... That is unless they have a stain or a mark. But, jeans can last indefinitley. there is not hard and fast rule.

Shirts on the other hand... Once. Maybe twice if its been a pull on, pop down the shops type mission. I'm also a smoker, so i tend to wash after every wash simply for cortousey reasons, even i think that the smell of stale cigarette smoke is offensive, so that poor soul who got stuck next to me on the train in the morning probably will too...

Strawberry_lovemuffin said:

Bras... 3-4 days.
ok sorry but that makes no sence somthing closer to your body than a shirt...but u wear it for 3-4 days hmmm beats me

Re: tackling the smaller issues.... how many times can you wear a shirt before u wash it?

muzby said:
for me, i always like my clothes clean...

so i generally put them in the wash after wearing them once...
Same here, probably more so in summer than winter...

Shirts are worn once then off to the washing machine. Jeans like others have said can go for extended periods of time.

I know someone who goes by the theory that any article of clothing that's been on the floor longer than 4 days is automatically clean again.

Any clothes that were worn in smoky club will need washing, the exception is if you are following up with another night out in a smoky place then you can 'spare' your clean clothes by wearing smoky smelling ones again.

I will wear a shirt three times before washing.

Jeans can last a week.

If i have a big night out I'll wash everything right after though, I can't stand the smell of stale tobacco on my clothes.

As for Bras, I'll wear them three or four times before washing. Bras are expensive for what they are and washing them all the time wears them out faster. They don't really seem to absorb any smell either so it's no problem wearing them that many times.