Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Herald Sun [12/03/05] - ' Dogs sniff out party'

hoptis

Bluelight Crew
I'm sure it's already been in the papers this week but this is the first time I've seen it anywhere.

Dogs sniff out party
12 Mar 2005

SNIFFER dogs will be used at a Labour Day weekend dance party in Melbourne tomorrow.

Superintendent Mick Williams said police and two dogs would patrol outside the Two Tribes dance party at the Rod Laver Arena to deter drugs, theft and assault.

Drug traffickers face a maximum fine of $3000 or up to 15 years jail, while drug possession carries a maximum fine of $500.

From Herald Sun

Yes, that's right; assault. The horrible crime that we see time and time again at dance parties. It's like Fight Club sometimes, I swear.

Hypocritcally, also noticed the following in this morning's paper.

Police investigate violent attacks

Five people are recovering after two violent attacks in Melbourne overnight.

Two people were stabbed on the corner of La Trobe and King Streets in the inner-city around midnight AEDT and a third man was taken to hospital after collapsing from head injuries at a motel a short time later.

Police believe it may be linked to an earlier fight at a pub.

Two men are being questioned by police, but detectives are still looking for the weapon which they believe has been thrown on a roof in nearby West Melbourne.

From ABC News

Glad to see Victoria Police has it's priorities right.

8)

I think its a bit naive to say that assaults don't happen at raves, because there are arseholes who do go to raves and do get violent, although I dgree it is a lot less than at pubs or events where alcohol is consumed.
Example: a mate of mine works at the metro as a bouncer where there was a fairly underground rave crowd event (not a clubby crowd, definately a raver crowd, more so thaqn the one's at two tribes) and he was attacked by a methed up guy who was trying to charge his way backstage, other bouncers working that night also had problems with methed up people acting aggressively. In my opinion it follows the same principal as alcohol; most people are fine and don't casue any trouble when on meth or alcohol, but a minority get violent.
On a more related note, it is unfortunate that the police are putting such emphasis on stopping drug use, but this is what the public wants and the police are here to obey the wishes of the law abiding public not law breaking drug users :p

psy_taco said:
Example: a mate of mine works at the metro as a bouncer where there was a fairly underground rave crowd event (not a clubby crowd, definately a raver crowd, more so thaqn the one's at two tribes) and he was attacked by a methed up guy who was trying to charge his way backstage

I think I know the event your talking about and I was standing right there when that happened, needless to say I was shocked...first fight I've ever seen at a club/rave :\

You cant say that you didnt expect this sorta shit to happen. The big rave scene in melbourne has become over-publicised and over commericalised. It is no longer a largly underground movement and there is now people that goto these events just as an excuse to get really fucked up, and fuck up other people. Its these people that you have to blame. Sure, the cops are hypocritical blah blah blah.. we all know this... Buts its the people who let their scene go down the toilet, that have the ultimate responsibility for this. I have been to big events are rod laver before and they try and squeeze as many people in there as possible.. more people = more money.. in that environment there is going to be heated tempers and bad trips left right and centre. The people that go to these events should pressure the organisers to do a better job. But the majoritity of people that go are just there to fuck themselves up.. not the music

endlesseulogy said:
You cant say that you didnt expect this sorta shit to happen. The big rave scene in melbourne has become over-publicised and over commericalised. It is no longer a largly underground movement and there is now people that goto these events just as an excuse to get really fucked up, and fuck up other people. Its these people that you have to blame. Sure, the cops are hypocritical blah blah blah.. we all know this... Buts its the people who let their scene go down the toilet, that have the ultimate responsibility for this. I have been to big events are rod laver before and they try and squeeze as many people in there as possible.. more people = more money.. in that environment there is going to be heated tempers and bad trips left right and centre. The people that go to these events should pressure the organisers to do a better job. But the majoritity of people that go are just there to fuck themselves up.. not the music

We were very lucky at perth , the rave venue for tt was held at mulbery farm on swan and they had heaps more room to sell tickets but only sold enough so everyone could see everything, so fuckn awesome. Unfortunately the big day out in perth is over sold and you cannot even see all the acts even if you do arrive 5 hours early.