Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

The BDO personality checkpoint

napchild

Bluelighter
Big day out 2002 - 16 - Punker - Straight

Big day out 2003 - 17 - Rocker - Stoned and drunk

Big day out 2004 - 18 - Hardorer - Beer and speed

Big day out 2005 - 19 - Electronicer - Pills! (and a hint of weed)

My how I have changed (in a good way). But i've discovered what a good little checkpoint it is to see where I was in life, music-wise and social-wise.

I mean i wasn't a stereotype of any of these, more what I was listening too rather than the image that is often associated with such labels.

And i've always been open-minded about music so of course I wasn't just listening to those genres at that time, I think that goes without saying...

Anyway, BDO goers, post your 2 cents

hardcorer, i looked at that word for ages wondering what was wrong with it, I put it down to th "er" at the end, then i realised I was infact retarded and can't spell

2003-metalhead-straight
2004-punk/emo kid-pepper extract, weed and vodka
2005- if I'd gone I wouldve been in the boiler room munching bics all day =D

I've avoided every BDO so far due to the price to bands I want to see ratio. I usually just catch the bands I want to see when they are doing side shows from the tour.

But I might go next year and will probably drink a bit and that's it. I like to be relatively clear headed when I'm going to see bands so I can remember the experience later on.

And the idea of being on drugs and in a mosh is not the most appealing I've ever had.

Its all to do with experience at concerts, i'm a frequent concert attender so the mosh isn't so much of a threat, plus I dont mosh nowadays.

And its all about the experience not the memories IMO. Sort of...

^ I didn't say the mosh was threatening - I just don't think moshing on a 30+ degree day with a body full of drugs is one of the smartest ideas ever. Ie. Heat stroke ---

1999 - 2003 = Goth/Punker
2004 = Electronicer
2005 = Punker

Out of 7 years, only once did i take drugs. I prefer to go to concerts sober and clear minded. Yeah on the odd occasion i'll have half a beer, only cos it's so damn hot

2002 - Goth/Emo pussy bitch
2004 - Electronica awakening
2005 - Electronica all the way (though I didn't go)

2005 - raver/metalhead - LSD

Moshing is surprisingly fun when coming off a trip. Actually I think it was the beer that made it enjoyable. I don't think I'll trip anywhere near five digits of intoxicated people again, unless they're all tripping too.

I think musically I've been both most of my life and I've just reached the point where it all comes out. I wonder what I'll be (and what I'll be on) next Big Day Out...

1996 to 1999 - heavy metal - weed, bourbon, acid and more weed

1999 to 2002 - heavy metal, death metal - bourbon, weed bourbon and more bourbon

2002 to now - heavy metal, hard trance - pills, pills, pills, weed, bourbon and more pills

All in all I have always loved metal, booze and weed. I moved to Cairns in 2001 where I got into the rave and dance scene and was introduced to my favourite drug of all ecstacy. I can honoustly say that I only enjoy trance, hard trance etc when I am WHACKED off of ecstacy.

If I had of made it to BDO 05, I would have drunk half a bottle of Jim Beam before I walked through the door and had the other half in a concealed hip flask to drink until say about 2 to 3 pm, watched system of a down, slipknot and hatebreed, then would have tried to get into the boiler room for the remainder with a couple of green mitzi's and a whole lot of water.

I went to 2 and then discovered Rainbow serphant and will be going to that instead now. That maybe sums how i've changed with BDO.

So i guess it was something like this..

bdo 1 - rocker/grunge (or something) speed and drink
bdo 2 - grunge/electronic pills, pills , pills

rsf 1 and 2 - acid and a concoction of all drugs including psy ;)

fark i'm too stoned to be on bl.. good thing my weekend has started already =D

this is so so so true...

bdo 2000 - 15... i was sober as shit and very much rock orientated, the only reason i went to see chem bros was because RHCP was fucked from crowd squashes.

bdo 2001 - 16... this year was a bit different my taste in music had been opened up a lot more, but i was still very much rock/metal... maybe a beer or 2 and half a pill

bdo 2002 - 17... still very metal, but with that touch of electronica, i think i was sober for this whole event... scary scary...

bdo 2003 - 18... since this was my first "legal" big day out, i was drunk as all hell, i think this year i had about 1/2g of class A speed, and a pill, i remember dancing to underworld for close to 1.5 hrs and not having any water, i was fucked after it...

2004 - 19... lots of beer during the day and lots of chems during the night, the day being very rock, and the night being very electronic...

2005 - 20... chems nearly all day, with a few beers to come in, spent a good majority of the day in the boiler room, only really coming out for SOAD, and some of the beasties...

Its funny when you look back on it, how you change in many ways, may it be musically or just generally...

i still dont regret a second of it