• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

film: MORE

INFaMaS

Bluelighter
While this may have been posted before, it was almost impossible to search it. I just wanted to know if anyone here has the seen a short film by the name of "More." I saw it in my film studies class and was simply captivated by the film. You can watch it here :

http://www.gethappy.com/watchmore.html

The little crappy quicktime window doesnt do the film justice though...

The people who made this video went through a tremendous amount of effort with no real financial return. I was moved by this film though, and think the year or so they spent on it was not in vain.

nice post. i thought we had a thread about this already but i can not find it.

i had an argument about this movie with a friend of mine. she said it was the saddest thing she had ever seen. i said i thought the messages was triumphant and it was a celebration.

is it a (pretty thinly-veiled) comment on drugs?

what do you think?

alasdair

i took it as a brutal attack on materialism and packaged happyness. I saw it as rejecting what is thrown in front of us to buy because some ceo wants to have a platinum plated pool instead of a gold plated one. I really enjoy the bliss sequence though. It had that psychedelic edge to it. I dont think it was talking about drugs as much as just abuse of power and controlling the masses with "veils" (aka bliss) that they can purchase at their local walmart.

The main thing i drew from this is consumerism draws attention away from how washed up the world we are living in has become.

a strange take on city life?
Its not a happy city thats for sure...where one has to get Happy or can buy it.

Happy isn't good enough so one has to create Bliss?

It feels like it wants to be a prediction. But I dunno.

You could view it as a thinly disguised film on drugs with that morality play at the end, thats cheesy though. It kills your soul? wtf?

It makes you think regardless.