Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

TV: Joey.. How u doin?

Yeh i was expecting it to be shit,i mean its got a lot to live up too,but i was quite pleasantly surprised.That bird out of the "Sopranos" fits quite well as his sister.
One thing i can't stand is the fucking canned laughter every five seconds,i mean i decide what to laugh at i don't need a signal.

It's simply ok. Mildly amusing.

I really think Drea DeMattio works well as Joey's sister. But they need to lose the nephew guy and the annoying neighbor.

i'm very very cautious about this. do we really think that they can survive for longer than a few episodes on this premise alone?

is there much of an ensemble cast, or is it almost solely joey?

are there any returning characters from friends, even peripheral ones?

Well, it's been on longer than a few episodes, 1234 ;)

I like the ensemble cast, for what it is. I don't think it's anywhere near what Friends was, nor will it ever be.. I wish there were returning characters, such as Chandler, but there won't be

Everyone else is fantastic (particularly Drea and the young kid) - what awesome casting! - and the writing is witty. ... but I can't couldn't stand Joey when he was on friends and I still can't stand him now :X

Well perhaps can't stand is a little strong.... I just don't find him as endearing as everyone else seems too... the bumbling idiot act is as old as it is infuriating.

Unfortunately I am going to be forced to watch this because it's on at the same time as X Factor and my partner is leaping for joy at the option of something other than X Factor to watch. This probably makes me hate Joey even more.

Double grrr :X :X

SLM how can you not like the joey??? he's funny, sexy and thicker than 2 bricks but yet so loveable! :D

1234 i believe they are up to ep 17 in the states atm, so it shows no signs of slowing down!

I hated friends so I can't see me giving one sixth of it a try...

Last edited:
electreauxbella said:
SLM how can you not like the joey??? he's funny, sexy and thicker than 2 bricks but yet so loveable! :D

I don't hate him, I just don't find him hilarious for some reason.

I *liked* friends, in a kind of 5/10 way, but it wasn't my favourite show. I also don't particularly like Seinfeld so maybe my funny radar is just off ;)

im sure i would enjoy it a load more if i could get a decent picture on channel 5! 8) I saw it in the week and it was ok, didnt make me laugh as much as friends thou. I kept expecting it to move on to a coffee shop scene with chandler and ross etc. I think its going to be hard to make it as a show on its own

I might be the only one that never watched more than one episode of Friends and hated the show to death, it's a dumb comedy and I swear to god it's only making people more stupid :\

I've found most people that like Friends/Joey don't naturally like Seinfeld, Fraser or Cheers for example.

that said, I watched 5 minutes of Joey and it went straight to the recycling bin.

keystroke - why make assumptions like that? 8( It seems like you try to tie dumb people all back to liking Friends

What's wrong with a little silly humor? I mean, tons of people like Adam Sandler, and people from SNL like that Farley guy - but I think those movies and comedians are awful. Same with Jim Carrey. I consider that kind of humor to be totally dumb, but I don't think the people that watch it are idiots!

personally I watched Friends - but not while it was on. I downloaded them and liked them from there. I grew to like the actors.. that translated to the show

I LOVED seinfeld. I LOVED frasier. I liked cheers, but it was sort of before my time.

Joey is just okay. It has a sense of familiarity to it - I love Drea - but the show will not last b/c it's just NOT friends.

but pardon me - I'm just a dummy who liked Friends! :\

Sitcom schitzophrenic?

keystroke said:

I've found most people that like Friends/Joey don't naturally like Seinfeld, Fraser or Cheers for example.

How do explain me? I'm not keen on Joey, could take-or-leave Friends, HATE Seinfeld, LOVE Frasier, and ... okay, never watched Cheers.

But I HATE Becker, if that helps the analysis.

;)

I'm not saying everyone who likes FRIENDS or JOEY is stupid at all, I'm just saying I find the humour in the two shows to be very slapsticky and predictable.

Joey is a crap show. My oppinion only.

Friends = Funny for the first few years

Cheers = Excellent

Seinfeld = Excellent (as long as you haven't seen the episode)

Fraser = Varies by episode, mostly hilarious.

Becker = Off the hook ;)

i never really liked friends much.... and joey is not really anything different from the little bits of a few episodes i have seen. the two shows are just not my thing

Joey > Friends. Chicks in Joey are much hotter and the jokes are much better. Let's see how long this will last.