Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

5htp yes or no ?

muthrd

Bluelighter
i read where some people blame a roll being not that good because they may have used 5htp to close to rolling then you have others say take 5htp an hour before and again when you drop then every hour after and you will have a better roll by replenishing seratonin levels rather than droping again and trying to draw down on already depleated reserves. whats the go ?

most people agree that 5htp is better for post loading rather than pre loading. I have heard having it to close to when your planning to eat a pill will nulify the effects.

thats my 2 cents.

before an event one time, i had it once every day before bed in the week leading up to the event(saturday night) excluding friday night and i was well munted. although, i doubt i was any more munted than my mates who hadn't preloaded like me

so i dont think it added much but it sure as hell didnt subtract anything =D

Awesome stuff for levelling you out over the following week. Big thumbs up for post loading. Preloading Im not so sure about but like skywalkin_ said i doubt it subtracts from the experience. MAybe the expectations were just too high for those that preloaded and expected something more?

Yea, from my experience taking it right before dropping kills the peak, never doing that again.

But for post-loading I really think it's great, especially the first & second day of the week after a big bender.

I usually take 200mg Sunday & Monday night, followed by 100mg each night except Friday & Saturday night, where I substitute 5-htp with other things :)

I took 200 mg about 4 hours b4 (with some bzp) dropping then another 200 mg whilst dropping a strong bikkie and found that I did not want to continue taking 5-HTP during the peak as I was FAR too fucked.

I have no doubt the 5-HTP had a peak stengthening effect even though I was 1 month dry...I was so smacked out that even the bzp couldn't keep me on my feet...so fucked it was almost a bad thing...I certainly take my pills a HELL of a lot more seriously now.

Certainly reccomended for the next day

I had a 50mg 5htp on Thursday night before bed, dropped on friday night at an event and didn't feel hardly anything until i dropped for the second time.

I have been using 5htp for postloading but thought I would try preloading.

I have no definate evidence that the preloading caused the lack of effects from my first drop, but it may have had something to do with it.

My advice: Post dropping only :)

Last edited:
I've definately found 5HTP to be able to increase the effects of 5htp (BT: think you mean MDMA?). I've taken 300Mg prior to going out once, dropped a single pill when I arrived and 30 minutes lter was so fucked I couldn't do anything, stand, sit, think, scratch myself.

I wound up passing out when I tried to stand up once and hurt myself quite badly. I suggest trying it to see if it works for you, but never over 200Mg.

Post loading definately works, I highly reccommend it especially to help you through suicide Tuesdsay!

Last edited by a moderator:
maybe not completely on the topic of the thread but indeed why bother with 5HTP when you can take Vit C....

can't be bothered refer to the erowid link but there was a detailed article about how Vit C & other anti-oxidants were extremely effective in trials with Rats with significantly reducing the damage caused by MDMA & family....

why bother go to the trouble and expense when I can go and by a jar of Vit C (or Berocca) and just chew on that stuff before and after popping?

I bother with 5htp because of the noticable difference it makes to the comedown and the days after. Vitamins help the body recover and help protect you from the toxic damage the drugs can do, but they never helped enough with my mood or well being for me to notice like with 5htp.

When I don't have my 5htp I definately notice the difference.

chugs said:
why bother with 5HTP when you can take Vit C....

why bother go to the trouble and expense when I can go and by a jar of Vit C (or Berocca) and just chew on that stuff before and after popping?

An analogy would be the difference between changing the oil and putting petrol in your car.

If you don't change the oil in your car you'll eventually damage the engine through a buildup of junk from the combustion process. If you don't put petrol in your car eventually it'll stop running.

If you don't take Vitamin C then you'll supposedly cause neural damage to your brain from the free radicals. If you don't replace the serotonin (5-ht) in your brain then your "good feelings" emotions will stop running.

From everything I've read, 5-htp supplements are the most effective means of restoring the levels of 5-ht in your brain.

My personal brain maintenance programme consists of chewing some 1500 mg, 8 hour slow release Vit C and Magnesium tablets before heading out, and necking 100 mg 5-htp and more Vit C when I get home - washed down with gatorade. The slow release Vit C is good cos then your body doen't just piss away the excess it can't use.

it is best as a post load thing i feel

it does not need to be imported, check around this board for relevant info

Just import it, it costs literally 10x as much if you buy it locally, and it comes bundled with other vitamins. I found post loading worked much better, so I would recommend only post loading. When it comes to taking it, you should have it no sooner than 6 hours after your last MDxx dose.

Originally posted by chugs
So you can only get 5HTP from importing it?

Currently its only available over the counter in QLD. But they do not ship to other states addresses.

Best bet is to get it from NZ or US. There is a 5HTP reference guide somewhere on the forums.

ok well reading all this, sounds like post loading is the go. however, if i get on the gear on a sat night, how would u go about the post load process? i mean do u take the 5htp before u go to bed like on sunday morning? then what? sun nite? monday? i have never had 5htp so i am just trying to get the right idea before i purchase some, and trying to follow some routines..

cheers